good vitamin e product in the uk?

j_davis

Hi all,

I was using now foods e-400 mixed tocopherols which i found to be pretty good, however i ran out. I bought unique e capsules and haven't been very impressed, i dont notice the positive effects like i did with the now brand. They don't sell the same now e400 any more.

anyone in the uk got good recommendations for vitamin e?

Stilgar

I use nhr organic vitamin e oil. They sell mostly essential oils and some base oils. It is pretty potent and I buy a large bottle for about £30. It is a beautiful colour and comes in glass.

Only problem is it makes me gag taking it orally so I have to fill capsules, neck down a bunch of juice with it, or use topically.

I like that it has no fillers.

Stilgar

Also, if I am correct in my calculations, the oil is over 1000iu/g and mixed tocopherols, so therefore considered ok by peat despite it being soy derived. This is based on 1iu being equivalent to roughly 0.67mg, using the datasheet on their website for the product. Please correct me if this 0.67mg figure is wrong.

burtlancast

Sounds great.
One question i have though is how do they obtain a 100% concentration, knowing bulk vendors sell natural mixed tocopherols at 95% concentration + 5% vegetable oils ?

Also, have you tried mixing the vit E oil in coconut oil before ingestion ? In principle, it should improve absorbtion.

Ismail

Also, if I am correct in my calculations, the oil is over 1000iu/g and mixed tocopherols, so therefore considered ok by peat despite it being soy derived. This is based on 1iu being equivalent to roughly 0.67mg, using the datasheet on their website for the product. Please correct me if this 0.67mg figure is wrong.
Are you still using the NHR Vitmain E oil?