Vit D negative sides

bornamachine

Hey everyone,
I recently tried to take D3, 1000iu once a day with food, for a couple days I noticed a very subtle improvement. Then I noticed I would out of the blue just get wiped out about 6 hours or so after taking, go to sleep wiped out, next day I would wake up and recover. This repeated several times. I've tried taking it about 6 times 1000iu each time. I also noticed that afterwards for a week or so now, Im getting the munchies likw I gotta eat or I'm famished so it does something to my blood sugar I guess? Took about a week to return to normal. I measured my D level a couple weeks ago and it's at 28.2.

Can someone help me understand the mechanism or how to go about this. Does vit cause some kind of release of something else to destabilize me or maybe it's the form? The dose is very sane and taken with food as well.

Thank you

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

GTW

Vitamin D supplements suppress melatonin.
Take D in the morning.

Jonk

I needed to supplement magnesium but as soon as I did I could handle bigger doses without issue. I read somewhere that 1000IU might be too small of a dose to raise levels though.

Ben.

I so wish vitamin d wouldve worked on me ... i mentioned it on the forum in the past but i do get temporarily blind from vitamin d so i cannot relate to the hype.

Jonk

I so wish vitamin d wouldve worked on me ... i mentioned it on the forum in the past but i do get temporarily blind from vitamin d so i cannot relate to the hype.
That's so strange. Do you have any vision problems regardless of supplementation? I also quickly read that hypervitaminosis D might be due to vitamin K depletion, and severe vitamin K deficiency might lead to severe bleeding disorders and blindness. It might be a reach though

Ben.

That's so strange. Do you have any vision problems regardless of supplementation? I also quickly read that hypervitaminosis D might be due to vitamin K depletion, and severe vitamin K deficiency might lead to severe bleeding disorders and blindness. It might be a reach though

The blindness from vitamin d i describe is usually preceeded with visual impairment that i notice mostly when on a computer as i start to not be able to realy read and "see" the information on the screen. As if there is a invisible cloud around it where i cant focus on what is in front of me. The blindness is not realy a blindness but the mentioned cloud becomes so severe i only see whitish and concentrating on the area that i have trouble "seeing" and processing induces severe headaches. I took 10k IU once to test it (among other tests) and got this issue within 10 minutes and i coudn't even see my hands infront of my eyes anymore, only a small part of the "image" was there anymore. Some activated charcoal and a laxative resolved the issue quickly thankfully. In 2018 i took fishoil for a year which was one of the worst things i've ever took looking back. The issue also occurs with low dosages within 1-2 weeks. Now i have to add that this seemed to occur after an insect bite that i suspected to have infected me with lyme which messes alot with the vitamin D receptors so this could have something to do with it.

I have no experience with vitamin e or k specifically because when i supplemented them i didnt take them for long or they were part of a stack so i cannot realy comment on them. I've a very bad dental situation for years now so the vitamin K might be a good idea to try again, thank you.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

@charlie I'm open to the idea of it being poisonous based off how I felt abd actually still feeling, have not recovered fully yet.
So, does that mean that vitamin D is not needed whatsoever? And if that's the case, why is it always coming up as vital vitamin slash hormone? Are all the forms bad? Is there any in depth explanation of this phenomena that basically goes against all the info Ive seen on D so far!

gd81

Hey everyone,
I recently tried to take D3, 1000iu once a day with food, for a couple days I noticed a very subtle improvement. Then I noticed I would out of the blue just get wiped out about 6 hours or so after taking, go to sleep wiped out, next day I would wake up and recover. This repeated several times. I've tried taking it about 6 times 1000iu each time. I also noticed that afterwards for a week or so now, Im getting the munchies likw I gotta eat or I'm famished so it does something to my blood sugar I guess? Took about a week to return to normal. I measured my D level a couple weeks ago and it's at 28.2.

Can someone help me understand the mechanism or how to go about this. Does vit cause some kind of release of something else to destabilize me or maybe it's the form? The dose is very sane and taken with food as well.

Thank you

Could be the quality of the supplement. I'd suggest listening to everything Ray said on the topic.

youngsinatra

I also react very negatively to vitamin D. Gives me symptoms of extreme magnesium and potassium deficiency, and requires unnatural high amount so of both to mitigate some of the effect.

Non of this happens when I sunbath extensively for me.

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

@youngsinatra have you tried different forms of vitamin D? Have they all effected you negatively? Have you ever tested your blood level and if so what was the value?

OP
bornamachine

bornamachine

@charlie I've looked into some Rays clips and he doesn't seem to mention D as having negative side effects, on the contrary. (other than accidental mega overdoses long term such as 250k iu daily) What are your thoughts on this? Beside the clip that you originally posted, is there any other source saying D will basically kill you? I'm considering trying a different source probably time tested one such as cod liver oil, but only once I recover fully.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals