Is Vitamin D Supplementation Even Neccessary

Jonk

The higher the UV index, the quicker and more severe these issues get.
The thing is I never ate a lot of high vit.A foods (liver,eggs,milk,OJ etc.) frequently or in high amounts, nor did I ever supplement or food fortification like in The US.
I do eat some goat cheese and use goat ghee, but I can't imagine they're adding ridiculous amounts of Vit.A.

Hmm, it could be a possible theory, but I noticed downsides when I'd cut out d3 drops for a while. It's what ultimately lead me to taking a bit again, but I'd like to not have to take the drops and have my body produce it. I'd been possibly thinking of a reptile lamp.
How much elemental magnesium were you taking with the vitamin D?

Dutchie

How much elemental magnesium were you taking with the vitamin D?
I don't measure how much magnesium malate I take (do it according to craving).
I also do an Epsom salt soak most days and I spray on magn.oil before I go to bed.

InChristAlone

I don't measure how much magnesium malate I take (do it according to craving).
I also do an Epsom salt soak most days and I spray on magn.oil before I go to bed.
Do you have copper pipes?

Also be aware magnesium is the most catabolic mineral thus why it helps people too far anabolic that they can't keep their blood sugar up during the night. But it can push you in the opposite direction too and cause insomnia. I try to do the least amount of supplements I can. Too many times I've gotten myself imbalanced by trying to regulate minerals myself when my body knows how to do it from food. Just have to optimize digestion so that we can absorb the minerals in food.

Dutchie

Do you have copper pipes?

Also be aware magnesium is the most catabolic mineral thus why it helps people too far anabolic that they can't keep their blood sugar up during the night. But it can push you in the opposite direction too and cause insomnia. I try to do the least amount of supplements I can. Too many times I've gotten myself imbalanced by trying to regulate minerals myself when my body knows how to do it from food. Just have to optimize digestion so that we can absorb the minerals in food.
No, I don't have copper pipes.

Magnesium gives me no issues. It's not a problem for me.

InChristAlone

No, I don't have copper pipes.

Magnesium gives me no issues. It's not a problem for me.
That's good! Something to consider then is you are probably very anabolic do you feel sluggish a lot? As I got healthier I needed way less magnesium because I'm switching into catabolism during the day properly in oxidative metabolism. This produces energy. Anabolism is for resting and repairing. Anyway it helped me understand the rhythms of the body. Just thought it might be useful for others. Foods to switch from catabolism into anabolism at night are cream and butter.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Dutchie

That's good! Something to consider then is you are probably very anabolic do you feel sluggish a lot? As I got healthier I needed way less magnesium because I'm switching into catabolism during the day properly in oxidative metabolism. This produces energy. Anabolism is for resting and repairing. Anyway it helped me understand the rhythms of the body. Just thought it might be useful for others. Foods to switch from catabolism into anabolism at night are cream and butter.
No, but I have been more inactive for about the past 2 years. Not bc I feel slughish, but bc of my inability to walk (semi) longer distances, to my own dismay.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@Dave Clark what do we think about the vitamin D we ingest naturally from egg yolks and mushrooms. I imagine if the receptors are blocked, eating these foods would be in vain too?

“During this time, a chemical in your 'shrooms called ergosterol will react with UV rays to generate and soak in even more vitamin D. Try to leave your fungi out in the sun for an hour to maximize nutritional value, but as the study demonstrated, even a quarter hour of exposure can make a huge difference.Oct 1, 2023”

My mushrooms are on a vacay soaking up some vitamin D! I put my fake owl near to fend off the critters.

1705257590140.jpeg

My mushrooms are on a vacay soaking up some vitamin D! I put my fake owl near to fend off the critters.

View attachment 60358
Yesterday my mushrooms got a second day of soaking up the vitamin D, and they dried out nicely. I sautéed them up last night in some butter with some leftover cooked beef, fresh chopped garlic, lots of fresh green onion, some herbs de Provence and tossed in a little cooked white rice and swallowed that vitamin D down without any water!

1705424933343.jpeg

“Vitamin D plays an important role in calcium and phosphorus absorption, making it essential for the maintenance of healthy bones and teeth. More than just the 'sunshine vitamin’, it also contributes to maintaining regular muscle function and supporting your immune system.

Now, egg yolks are one of the few foods that contain naturally high amounts of vitamin D, with a serving of two eggs providing 82% of your recommended daily intake.”

https://www.australianeggs.org.au/nutrition/nutrients-and-vitamins#:~:text=More%20than%20just%20the%20'sunshine,of%20your%20recommended%20daily%20intake.

Australian Eggs Nutrient Analysis 2018
Conducted by National Measurement Institute (NMI), a division within the Department of Industry, Innovation and Science

Nutrient2018 average qty per 100g
Retinol (vitamin A)98mcg
Riboflavin0.4mg
Thiamin0.05mg
Vitamin B60.02mg
Vitamin B120.33mcg
Biotin5.2mcg
Folate88mcg
Vitamin D7.9mcg
Vitamin E1.9mg
Pantothenic acid1.07mg
Potassium131mg