Vitamin D from sun making me feel worse?

LizAnn

The last couple of months, I have felt fatigued/low-energy, and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think what I’ve been doing differently. I drink OJ, raw milk, mineral drops, grass fed liver capsules, Vit C etc., get plenty of sleep. In March, once the sun was at an angle that I could absorb Vit D, I’ve been trying to get a little sun a few days a week. My fatigue set in around this time, and I’m wondering if there is some mineral that I could be deficient in that is showing up since I have more Vit D. Any ideas?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
What time of the day are you getting sun?

OP
L

LizAnn

What time of the day are you getting sun?
I have an app that lets me know what times of day Vitamin S is available, so it’s been pretty random, just within that window. I’m fair skinned, so I’m not aiming for a dark tan. ?

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I have an app that lets me know what times of day Vitamin S is available, so it’s been pretty random, just within that window. I’m fair skinned, so I’m not aiming for a dark tan. ?
That could be an issue. The body needs to be primed to receive the UVB during the vitamin D window. This is done with red, infrared, and UVA in the early morning hours before the UVB is active. Best practice is to get out at sunrise, naked or as much skin showing as possible, and stay in the light as long as possible up to 3 or 4 hours(barefoot and grounded is even better), even if you get less that is ok, but of course the more the better. This will get you body ready for the mid day sun. Then, you only need about 15-20 minutes at maximum during solar noon, then you can cover up until around 4pm'ish depending on where you are and the season. Then, do the same thing the towards sunset you did in the morning. This will heal any of the damage done by the midday sun and really seal the deal for the healing effect of the full spectrum sunlight your received during the day.

Here is a really great article that thoroughly lays it out: Infrared and Skin: Friend or Foe

OP
L

LizAnn

That could be an issue. The body needs to be primed to receive the UVB during the vitamin D window. This is done with red, infrared, and UVA in the early morning hours before the UVB is active. Best practice is to get out at sunrise, naked or as much skin showing as possible, and stay in the light as long as possible up to 3 or 4 hours(barefoot and grounded is even better), even if you get less that is ok, but of course the more the better. This will get you body ready for the mid day sun. Then, you only need about 15-20 minutes at maximum during solar noon, then you can cover up until around 4pm'ish depending on where you are and the season. Then, do the same thing the towards sunset you did in the morning. This will heal any of the damage done by the midday sun and really seal the deal for the healing effect of the full spectrum sunlight your received during the day.

Here is a really great article that thoroughly lays it out: Infrared and Skin: Friend or Foe
Thank you so much for this information! I will check the article out. ?

qminati

I get a strong stress response from the sun. It is because of of an energy deficiency. Metabolic eating is what is helping me. It will probably take months before I can be out in the sun again. It used to give me a week long stress response, now it only messes me up for a couple days so its progress

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Vitamin B1 deficiency can also cause sun issues.

OP
L

LizAnn

I get a strong stress response from the sun. It is because of of an energy deficiency. Metabolic eating is what is helping me. It will probably take months before I can be out in the sun again. It used to give me a week long stress response, now it only messes me up for a couple days so its progress
That is so interesting. I remember feeling drained for a few days after I sat in the sun for an hour and a half by the pool a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I have something similar going on.

L

LauriePartridge

Just thought I'd add that I can't tolerate extra D from the sun or in supplements either. I suspect I get plenty from my diet though and don't need much more. Also, if you are thin D doesn't get stored very long in fat cells because there aren't that many so excess goes to your blood stream. I have to be really careful. At this point in the summer for me I can't go outside at all unless I am completely protected from exposure. I am already really tan and suspect I have gotten too much D. Excess D gives me a serotonin type of response and makes me feel sleepy, dizzy, fatigued. It also increases histamine symptoms and I gain weight, become constipated and have breast pain in addition to increased inflammation. It definitely has an estrogenic response in me. I could just be super sensitive but after experimenting with it for many years, I am sure it has these effects on me. FYI I have an app too! It seems to be pretty efficient in predicting how much you are getting from the sun.

EmperorOfMan

what app are you using??

OP
L

LizAnn

Just thought I'd add that I can't tolerate extra D from the sun or in supplements either. I suspect I get plenty from my diet though and don't need much more. Also, if you are thin D doesn't get stored very long in fat cells because there aren't that many so excess goes to your blood stream. I have to be really careful. At this point in the summer for me I can't go outside at all unless I am completely protected from exposure. I am already really tan and suspect I have gotten too much D. Excess D gives me a serotonin type of response and makes me feel sleepy, dizzy, fatigued. It also increases histamine symptoms and I gain weight, become constipated and have breast pain in addition to increased inflammation. It definitely has an estrogenic response in me. I could just be super sensitive but after experimenting with it for many years, I am sure it has these effects on me. FYI I have an app too! It seems to be pretty efficient in predicting how much you are getting from the sun.
Oh wow. That response sounds familiar! ?Thank you for the sharing that.

Velve921

The last couple of months, I have felt fatigued/low-energy, and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to think what I’ve been doing differently. I drink OJ, raw milk, mineral drops, grass fed liver capsules, Vit C etc., get plenty of sleep. In March, once the sun was at an angle that I could absorb Vit D, I’ve been trying to get a little sun a few days a week. My fatigue set in around this time, and I’m wondering if there is some mineral that I could be deficient in that is showing up since I have more Vit D. Any ideas?

One thing to keep in mind is that the sun is a huge metabolic stimulator. Therefore, I think many people can feel sluggish if they do not have metabolic support when going through a sunny season.

for example, when I re enter the sunlight after a long winter, my sleep will be off for a few days because my metabolism is being ramped. I have to set a reminder in my phone every summer that I need to consume more food.

when I sit in the summer sun, my heart rate can jump as high as 130bpm and I will be laying down motionless.

Might be helpful to keep these thoughts in mind.

Vajra

Excess D gives me a serotonin type of response and makes me feel sleepy, dizzy, fatigued. It also increases histamine symptoms and I gain weight, become constipated and have breast pain in addition to increased inflammation. It definitely has an estrogenic response in me. I could just be super sensitive but after experimenting with it for many years, I am sure it has these effects on me. FYI I have an app too! It seems to be pretty efficient in predicting how much you are getting from the sun.
+1 to this. I have lots of milk and take 12mg K2 daily. I'm not sure it's the D; I just wanna tan. Maybe I'll try the B1.

maillol

Your iron may be too high.

the exposure of human primary skin fibroblasts, FEK4, to UVA radiation causes an immediate release of “free” iron in the cells via proteolysis of Ft. Within minutes of exposure to a range of doses of UVA at natural exposure levels, the binding activity of IRP-1, as well as Ft levels, decreases in a dose-dependent manner. This decrease coincides with a significant leakage of the lysosomal components into the cytosol.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals