Vit A, Vit D3, Vit K2, Vit E, Magnesium, Calcium: Are These Good Ratios For Maintenance?

I’ve been reading conflicting dosages from different sources, so not sure if my ratios are correct. I’m aiming for balance in my vitamin intake.

* Last time I had my Vit D levels checked, which was about 7? months ago, my Vit D level was 60. I’ve spent a lot of time in the sun this year, plus supplementing, so I assume my levels of D3 are higher now.

Daily:
1)Calcium: On average, about 1,300-1,400 from dairy
2) Vit E: 400 IU
3) Vit K2: 100 mcg
4) Vit A: 1,500 mcg( 5,000 IU)
5) D-3: 10,000 IU 3x a week
6) Magnesium: 700-800 mgs. from a magnesium supplement : mag. citrate, succinic acid complex, mag. maleate and taurine complex

My question: Is my Vit A and Vit K 2 intake too high or too low compared to the ratios of the other vitamins/supplements? Since my VitD 3 levels are already high, should I be supplementing Vit D3 three days a week?

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Since my calcium intake and Vit D3 is high, I was reading that I may need as much as 400 K2 to balance out the calcium and vit D 3? Does this sound right? I’m not too sure of this. I want to make sure the calcium is going to the places it needs to. I’m already taking 100 mcgs of K2. Anyone knowledgeable know the correct ratios?

There is a lot of conflicting information about Calcium, Vit D3 and K2 ratios.

aniciete

Sure, but a lot of our food is depleted of nutrients.
Proof? Milk/dairy for calcium, k2 and retinol, eggs for k2, d3 and retinol, sunlight and UV lamps for d and mgcl baths or spray for extra magnesium. The only thing missing really is vitamin e which could be supplemented occasionally.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
Proof? Milk/dairy for calcium, k2 and retinol, eggs for k2, d3 and retinol, sunlight and UV lamps for d and mgcl baths or spray for extra magnesium. The only thing missing really is vitamin e which could be supplemented occasionally.
I eat all that, dairy, eggs, get sunlight etc.….the fact remains our soils have been depleted through overuse. Hence, we need some supplementation IMO. But that’s not what this thread was about.

k2 seems low for that much D. look at IdeaLab's EstroBan ratios

Vitamin A - 5,000 IU
Vitamin D - 2,000 IU
Vitamin E - 65mg (100 IU)
Vitamin K2 (MK-4) - 2mg

Mossy

There is a lot of conflicting information about Calcium, Vit D3 and K2 ratios.
I agree; but there is a fairly consistent ratio of A to D, that I noted from this forum, which is 5:1. This is a ratio I've found in several of my notes from about 5 years back. I also see in my notes that this ratio can go up to 10:1, based on need.

That can be a lot of vitamin A, though. As you may have come across already, there is a large anti-vitamin A perspective on this forum.
Since my VitD 3 levels are already high, should I be supplementing Vit D3 three days a week?
Why would you be supplementing D3, if you are already high, as a means to properly assimilate your other supplements?

Motorneuron

Has anyone tried washing their hair with olive oil mixed with these fat-soluble vitamins? I find it a fantastic absorption effect

OP
FocusedOnHealth
I agree; but there is a fairly consistent ratio of A to D, that I noted from this forum, which is 5:1. This is a ratio I've found in several of my notes from about 5 years back. I also see in my notes that this ratio can go up to 10:1, based on need.

That can be a lot of vitamin A, though. As you may have come across already, there is a large anti-vitamin A perspective on this forum.

Why would you be supplementing D3, if you are already high, as a means to properly assimilate your other supplements?
Basically I’m supplementing Vit D3 to maintain my levels. But maybe it’s too much?

Mossy

Basically I’m supplementing Vit D3 to maintain my levels. But maybe it’s too much?
That sounds reasonable, but maybe you don't even need to supplement if you're naturally already at 60. Just a thought. At the least, it would seem you could moderately supplement and then test your levels.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
That sounds reasonable, but maybe you don't even need to supplement if you're naturally already at 60. Just a thought. At the least, it would seem you could moderately supplement and then test your levels.
Yes, I’m probably going to have to test my levels again at this point, so I can tailor my regimen.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
@FocusedOnHealth If you don’t mind me asking. Have you noticed any effects from taking K2 (either positive or negative)?
So far so good. I haven’t really noticed anything discernable tbh. I‘m just using the K2 to balance out the vit D3.
I have cut back on the vitamin A however. I noticed I was losing more hair than usual, and read that could be a side effect. Right now I’m just sticking to food as my Vit A source.

OP
FocusedOnHealth
k2 seems low for that much D. look at IdeaLab's EstroBan ratios

Vitamin A - 5,000 IU
Vitamin D - 2,000 IU
Vitamin E - 65mg (100 IU)
Vitamin K2 (MK-4) - 2mg
I cut back on my Vit D for the time being. I think my levels are pretty high after this summer with lots of sunshine. My level was already at 60 before the summer so I think I’m doing alright.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals