Vitamin D Makes Me Feel Unwell

marsaday

I am not deficient in Vitamin D and i take a 5000 iu tablet once per week. My last blood test showed 100 on the range 50-200.

However, i notice i feel not so good after i take it and so i am going to be halving the tablet next time i do take it. 5000 IU seems to be too much for the body to handle. This off feeling last for about 12h's. So if i take it in the morning i feel ok by the evening time. Last night i took a tablet and felt terrible and had a poor nights sleep.

Can anyone explain what the Vit D is doing to my system. I am sure it is something to do with lowering or raising cortisol so it gets into the uncomfortable range.

OP
M

marsaday

No i have a bottle of the 5000 iu tablets. I think half the amount will be better. I will try next week with a lower dose.

Why do you think topically will be better ?

cihans

I have problems too with Vitamin D. It gives me low estrogen symptoms I assume clicking joints, depression,some erectile dysfunction, no morning wood, tanked libido etc... I don't know why D3 causing this symptoms but I'm pretty sure my symptoms started 2 weeks ago when I started 5000IU morning 2000IU evening. I saw an article somewhere that claims D3 is a potent Aromatase Inhibitor, maybe this is the reason but if someone more knowledge can share thoughts on this. I'm very curious. In my latest lab works my ultra sensetive esradiol is 24.2pg/mL (Ref. 8.0 - 35.0) and total Testosterone 380ng/dL (Ref. 264-916). My limited conversation to estradiol may blocked by Vitamin D3. Please share your thoughts guys.

Thank you

Waynish

I have problems too with Vitamin D. It gives me low estrogen symptoms I assume clicking joints, depression,some erectile dysfunction, no morning wood, tanked libido etc... I don't know why D3 causing this symptoms but I'm pretty sure my symptoms started 2 weeks ago when I started 5000IU morning 2000IU evening. I saw an article somewhere that claims D3 is a potent Aromatase Inhibitor, maybe this is the reason but if someone more knowledge can share thoughts on this. I'm very curious. In my latest lab works my ultra sensetive esradiol is 24.2pg/mL (Ref. 8.0 - 35.0) and total Testosterone 380ng/dL (Ref. 264-916). My limited conversation to estradiol may blocked by Vitamin D3. Please share your thoughts guys.

Thank you

Interesting phenomenon because I don't think sunlight can cause this - so long as it isn't a burn, of course. Many people share issues with the supplementation "pathway."

cihans

Absolutely @Waynish I decided to cease supplementing today and went to tanning saloon I will experiment this for 3 months. every week on monday 10 minutes full body. I will post results too.

Waynish

Absolutely @Waynish I decided to cease supplementing today and went to tanning saloon I will experiment this for 3 months. every week on monday 10 minutes full body. I will post results too.

10 minutes is a lot. Pure UV can be stressful. I would do 2-5m with coconut oil 2-3 times per week.

Waynish

Hard to know without testing. I found a lot of people on this forum describe having a bunch of experiences and often claim to be able to tell which specific molecule that experience reduces to... But then they criticize all genetics as being too reductionist :D All of this is a bit more complicated than most are willing to admit, I think.

"Assuming that an equal amount of vitamin D was stored in all adipose tissue in the body, the median body store in people given vitamin D supplements was 6.6 mg (264,000 IU) of vitamin D and 0.12 mg of 25(OH)D."

It's toxic and not the same as making it from sunlight.

"Assuming that an equal amount of vitamin D was stored in all adipose tissue in the body, the median body store in people given vitamin D supplements was 6.6 mg (264,000 IU) of vitamin D and 0.12 mg of 25(OH)D."

Indeed, it's not even a vitamin, it's a hormone. It's deficiency in the blood is the result of inflammation, not the cause.

johnsmith

What would you suggest one should do during the winter, when getting sunlight on the skin isn't really an option.

nbznj

my anecdotal report on vitamin D use showed very slight elevation of blood 25OHD when I'd only pop the vitamin D supplement (up to 10k IU per day! I've been reckless)

On the other hand injecting melanotan-II and going to a tanning salon on the same day gives my skin the best color I could get after a month of daily beach sessions on holidays, and that is, within 2 or 3 weeks. That was also the only way to get my blood levels to go to the upper part of the range. It does make me feel drowsy on that day, for an hour or two.

So I don't think vitD pills are useless, as per the other topic on lowered cortisol and BP. But they are overrated compared to UV/sun exposure. I'd need to geek back in melanotan mechanism, in order to explain how it "mimicks" sun exposure in the body. I do have some leftover pills so I take 10k IU on the injection+tanning day, and an A+D+K supplement daily that has 1000iu of D3.

Indeed, it's not even a vitamin, it's a hormone. It's deficiency in the blood is the result of inflammation, not the cause.

/thread and /debate on vitD supplementation

What would you suggest one should do during the winter, when getting sunlight on the skin isn't really an option.

I won't suggest anything for you but what I'd do for myself is get enough sunlight during the sunnier months and be okay with the amount I store. But I would also move to a sunny place if I were Canadian because Canada doesn't have any sunny islands for me to move so I'd have to marry someone that would grant me PR status in a country that has sunny options or be okay with the amount I store in my fat tissue during the sunny months or more aptly named the vitamin D producing months.

Last edited:

johnsmith

I won't suggest anything for you but what I'd do for myself is get enough sunlight during the sunnier months and be okay with the amount I store. But I would also move to a sunny place if I were Canadian because Canada doesn't have any sunny islands for me to move but I'd have to marry someone that will grant me PR status in a country that has sunny options or be okay with the amount I store in my fat tissue during the sunny months or more aptly named the vitamin D producing months.

Thanks. It sounds like you hold living in a sunny climate with great value! I would imagine a high altitude location that gets good sunshine year long would be interesting to try as well.

REOSIRENS

I take 4000ui of vitamin d twice daily(8000ui) but I always make sure to take 25000ui of retinol daily as well

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals