Red Irritated Eyes From Vitamin D

Troubles

Hi all,

Every time when I take 5000 IU vitamin D per day, on day 2 my eyelids turns red and start to feel dry and the next day the whites of my eyes are all red and irritates too. My eyes become so sensitive that even walking inside the "wind" really hits my eyes and its hard to even look straight ahead. I have tried all the high quality brand vitamin D supps like Life Extension, Bio Tech, Carlston, dry based and oil based. Every time the same reaction, so I know that it is the vitamin D that is the cause 100%.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? I would like to supplement with vitamin D because it makes me feel so good physically that I don't want to be without it, but the eye irritation is so bad that I can't handle it.

HLP

Red eyelids has always translated in to adrenal issues to me. Blink more often. I could also be your water you shower or bath in. Make sure you are getting enough fluid....not so much plain water but milk and juice. What other supplements are you taking? Niacinamide dried my husband's eyes out one time. On another note, your member name "Troubles" just might attract negative stuff to yourself.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Do you eat liver? You may be low in retinol and other cofactors. 5000 may be too much if you are low in retinol. Sun exposure is best.

TibRex

Vit D increases body heat [= pyretic] and your reddened eyelids are indicative of that. It has this drying effect on me too - even when I take a low daily dose of 400 IU. How about taking it every other day or even every 3rd or 4th day? Think "sun and sunshine" and you'll see why it has this pyretic nature. When something good/bad is taken in excess, it transforms into the opposite state - this is taught under Yin-Yang principles in Taoism. A parallel can be found in Hindu philosophy as well: Siva [positive, good nature] ------ > in excess ---- > Rudra [negative, aggressive aspect/effect]. Yin/Yang ----- > in excess ----- > Yang/Yin. This explains why prior to getting the common cold, there is a preexisting high heat state [or fever] in the body. You can read about this under "rotational symmetry" in the famous book "The Tao of Physics" by Fritjof Capra.

ddjd

im getting this too, but my actual eyes are white, but the its the edge of the eye lid which is always red and inflamed around both eyes, im not sure why!?

could it be niacinamide, i do take some every day...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals