Tyromix Or Tyronene?

ddjd

Just looking for general health benefits from thyroid, I need to lose weight but also lower cholesterol.

What would you suggest. A mix of T3&T4 or just T3?

Tarmander

T3 by itself seems to make me puffy and water logged. When you throw in T4 I don't get those

OP
ddjd

ddjd

You ever try the Tyronene?
Tyronene is amazing for libido. But I can't lose any weight with any thyroid product full stop.

T3 and T4 together stopped my hair shedding but libido disappeared. I went asexual basically

I've gone back to T3 only. I think it's better long term

Progesterone

Tyronene is amazing for libido. But I can't lose any weight with any thyroid product full stop.

T3 and T4 together stopped my hair shedding but libido disappeared. I went asexual basically

Joeyd!

Thanks for the reply man!

How do you dose T3? Tyronene right? from haidut?

3 drops a day? or?

Also... are you confident on T3-only the hair will stay just as good?

T3-only sounds like the best as no chance to increase RT3!

Progesterone

I dosed 1 drop of Tyronene tonight on wrist.

Good stuff but, my main concern is my hair.

I saw in another post you said T3-only = hair shedding for you, and T3/T4 = hair stops shedding.

Is this still the case????

Progesterone

Guys... @haidut please look at this, in reference to RT3 and all the RT3 panic lately:

There are some misconceptions about rT3. One is that it blocks thyroid at the receptor level; the other is it's just a pain in the **** that never does any good. Barbara Lougheed, whose Tired Thyroid is the best book on thyroid I've yet read, points out how there's no research to support the former view, and that the body produces rT3 to prevent T3 levels from going too high, which can cause problems, such as cognitive symptoms. Your body isn't supposed to have too much T3, and rT3 is the mechanism to prevent it from going too high. Thyroid is the throttle of the body, and we all shouldn't go over the speed limit in optimizing our hormones.

Why did t3 lower my testosterone

Perhaps T3/T4 really is the way to go, and RT3 is not a concern like we think it is?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Guys... @haidut please look at this, in reference to RT3 and all the RT3 panic lately:

There are some misconceptions about rT3. One is that it blocks thyroid at the receptor level; the other is it's just a pain in the **** that never does any good. Barbara Lougheed, whose Tired Thyroid is the best book on thyroid I've yet read, points out how there's no research to support the former view, and that the body produces rT3 to prevent T3 levels from going too high, which can cause problems, such as cognitive symptoms. Your body isn't supposed to have too much T3, and rT3 is the mechanism to prevent it from going too high. Thyroid is the throttle of the body, and we all shouldn't go over the speed limit in optimizing our hormones.

Perhaps T3/T4 really is the way to go, and RT3 is not a concern like we think it is?

I see what you're saying but about 20 minutes after taking T3 tyronene my libido and errection is that of my 17 year old self. Its incredible. I take that as a very good sign of health.

When I was on T3+T4 (tyromix) after 1/2 days I lost interest in sex completely. No libido. No errections. No weight loss either.

T3 uses up my vitamin A stores to make youth steroids so I take Retinol palmitate plus zinc alongside t3 and that keeps my hair intact so there's no effect from T3 on shedding.

Somehow T3 plus T4 did work to stop my hair shedding but it also made me asexual. I don't trust it long term. When you've got a limp **** something is telling you this isn't right.

Progesterone

I see what you're saying but about 20 minutes after taking T3 tyronene my libido and errection is that of my 17 year old self. Its incredible. I take that as a very good sign of health.

When I was on T3+T4 (tyromix) after 1/2 days I lost interest in sex completely. No libido. No errections. No weight loss either.

T3 uses up my vitamin A stores to make youth steroids so I take Retinol palmitate plus zinc alongside t3 and that keeps my hair intact so there's no effect from T3 on shedding.

Somehow T3 plus T4 did work to stop my hair shedding but it also made me asexual. I don't trust it long term. When you've got a limp **** something is telling you this isn't right.

Thanks man.

I suppose so... let's see how your hair continues to do though.

How are you even dosing T3?

Morning 8mcg... afternoon 8mcg.. evening 8mcg?

Tarmander

Odd..... isn't it?

What other sides?

How is your hair?
Yeah a bit odd indeed. Hair is okay. I have been doing a lot of K2 lately which seems to thin my hair and make it fall out. The only time I have noticed thyroid help with hair is when I initially go on a higher dose. For the first couple days it seems like my hair stands up more on end. The t4/t3 combo has really helped me otherwise with a lot of different things. I have tried NDT and Tyromix and like both.

Progesterone

Yeah a bit odd indeed. Hair is okay. I have been doing a lot of K2 lately which seems to thin my hair and make it fall out. The only time I have noticed thyroid help with hair is when I initially go on a higher dose. For the first couple days it seems like my hair stands up more on end. The t4/t3 combo has really helped me otherwise with a lot of different things. I have tried NDT and Tyromix and like both.

Thanks for the input!

I was all gung-ho to get started on T3-only....

Thinking about it now... I know I felt great on Tyromix earlier this year.

Tarmander

Thanks for the input!

I was all gung-ho to get started on T3-only....

Thinking about it now... I know I felt great on Tyromix earlier this year.
Some people can definitely do t3 only. I think there are people on this forum who do t3 throughout the day and then the combo at night. So you could definitely try it out.

haidut

Forum Supporter

I don't buy that idea. The body can turn T3 into T2 and T1, as a way to lower T3 activity. The rT3 is derived from T4 not T3. So, one could say that rT3 is the mechanism to avoid having too much T4. But even that is not backed by evidence as studies with people with liver disease show even a meager 50mcg T4 raises rT3, while T3 levels in those people stay low. So, I view elevations in rT3 as failure of the liver to properly convert T4 into T3 due to liver dysfunction or lack of protein. There is not much evidence beyond her book that rT3 is a benign chemical whose role is to protect from excess T3. Maybe it has a role as a negative feedback mechanism on T4...but even that is a big maybe.

Progesterone

I don't buy that idea. The body can turn T3 into T2 and T1, as a way to lower T3 activity. The rT3 is derived from T4 not T3. So, one could say that rT3 is the mechanism to avoid having too much T4. But even that is not backed by evidence as studies with people with liver disease show even a meager 50mcg T4 raises rT3, while T3 levels in those people stay low. So, I view elevations in rT3 as failure of the liver to properly convert T4 into T3 due to liver dysfunction or lack of protein. There is not much evidence beyond her book that rT3 is a benign chemical whose role is to protect from excess T3. Maybe it has a role as a negative feedback mechanism on T4...but even that is a big maybe.

We would really benefit from a 'Like' function on here for liking posts.

Thanks Mr. haidut!

haidut

Forum Supporter
We would really benefit from a 'Like' function on here for liking posts.

Thanks Mr. haidut!

We used to have it on the old forum software. Not sure if the new one has this function or if @charlie wants to enable it. I think it may contribute to "groupthink", which the forum community is probably trying to avoid. But I will defer to Charlie to weigh in on this.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

T3 by itself seems to make me puffy and water logged. When you throw in T4 I don't get those
actually this is exactly what happens to me. have you worked out a good way to combine and timings for your t3/t4 combo?

Tarmander

actually this is exactly what happens to me. have you worked out a good way to combine and timings for your t3/t4 combo?
I do haidut's NDT in the morning and that seems to be enough, TSH was in the low 1s last time I tested it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals