Interesting Thyroid Journey - Recommendations Very Welcome

Sumbody

Cutting to the chase, I have been taking 88mcg Levo (not Peaty I know) since February 2021, before that 50mcg. And I think the Dec 2019 results were topical Tyromix only. But I have always dabbled with either Tyromix or Tyronene on the side. These days I prefer Tyronene sublingually.

12/20/2019
TSH 10.0 uIU/mL 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4 0.9 ng/dL 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL
T3, Total 107 ng/dL 50 - 170 ng/dL

06/06/2020
TSH 5.7 uIU/mL 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4 1.2 ng/dL 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL
T3, Total 87 ng/dL 50 - 170 ng/dL

01/25/2021
TSH 4.9 uIU/mL 0.4 - 4.2 uIU/mL
Free T4 0.9 ng/dL 0.8 - 1.7 ng/dL
T3, Total 129 ng/dL 50 - 170 ng/dL

And this is the latest...

Tests01898467238-T.JPG

So here I am. Antibodies sky high! TSH sky high despite being in range on T3 and T4.

Despite all this, I feel great. I really cant say that I feel like ***t or anything, I'm a fairly active male. I'm warm, not constipated, and feel overall better than most I suppose for a 39 year old. I'm creative, not too stressed, and have been doing well on testing that pertains to my new career, so no brain fog or issues there.

What concerns me most are the antibodies and of course TSH. I have dabbled with selenium in the past, assuming I had high antibodies but now I know it. Literally off the charts!

So I will more than likely be taking 200mcg Selenium, and do red light on Thyroid. I have been recently taking a multi vitamin that I really like, and it has 50mcg selenium as well.

Totally understand supplementing isn't peaty, And I do my best with diet to avoid pufa, but I still do eat out from time to time.

I do have some sort of gut infection that causes bloating and gas, no pain though, but I'm certain this is what is elevating antibodies and causing overall mishap.

Anyways, would really appreciate some feedback on all this, and open to suggestions and general discussion.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Steve

I didn't know TSH could be so high with Free T3 & Free T4 in range.
I think your Free T4 should be closer to 1.7 based on what I've read.
The TSH would really bother me since Peat says it's inflammatory. If you can get that below 2 or even 1 without having hyper problems I'd do it.
Peat says once you calm down the inflammation the antibodies will wane over time if you aren't sabotaging yourself in other ways.
I have antibodies too, but they are TSI. I know for me, stress isn't good. Other than that I just try to do most things right and what happens happens.
Eat good, exercise, get outside, etc.

OP
S

Sumbody

I didn't know TSH could be so high with Free T3 & Free T4 in range.
I think your Free T4 should be closer to 1.7 based on what I've read.
The TSH would really bother me since Peat says it's inflammatory. If you can get that below 2 or even 1 without having hyper problems I'd do it.
Peat says once you calm down the inflammation the antibodies will wane over time if you aren't sabotaging yourself in other ways.
I have antibodies too, but they are TSI. I know for me, stress isn't good. Other than that I just try to do most things right and what happens happens.
Eat good, exercise, get outside, etc.
It does seem strange TSH is so high.

But I have seen others on the forum mention that elevated prolactin can cause TSH to rise as well.

I was doing an aspirin regimine about 1 gram a day for a few weeks just to see how it would effect me. But not sure I noticed much from it.

Kozak

Do a PCR test for gut parasites.
From my experience 99% of thyroid issues start in the gut.

golder

WTH are you talking about?
Calm down.
The results of the gut parasite test. It would be nice to know if the GI dysregulation is enough to completely block the effects of thyroid hormone.

Kozak

Calm down.
The results of the gut parasite test. It would be nice to know if the GI dysregulation is enough to completely block the effects of thyroid hormone.
Dude. I'm calm and cool.
Do some reading before posting nonsense.

Steve

Got a recommendation for where to order this test at a reasonable price?
I have thyroid issues and some gut issues, so the theory sounds good to me.

Kozak

Got a recommendation for where to order this test at a reasonable price?
I have thyroid issues and some gut issues, so the theory sounds good to me.
I asked my GP for one. Should not be a problem if you tell, you have gut issues. You can ask for both ova and PCR (is unreliable, but detects small amount)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals