2018 Thyroid Sources

DaveFoster

Here are some options (with a T3:T4 ratio less than 1:4):

- Cynomel (synthetic T3, recommended by Dr. Peat)
- Cynoplus (1:4 T3:T4 ratio, both synthetic, recommended by Dr. Peat)
- Novotiral (1:5 T3:T4 ratio, both synthetic, recommended by Dr. Peat)
- Pro-T3 (synthetic T3, recommended by Dr. Peat)
- Tyronene (synthetic T3, trustworthy source from Idea Labs DC)
- TyroMix (synthetic T3 and T4 in 1:2 ratio, trustworthy source from Idea Labs DC)
- TyroMax (natural desiccated thyroid [NDT], 1:4 T3:T4 ratio, trustworthy source from Idea Labs DC)
- Blue Sky Peptide T3 (synthetic T3, mixed but generally positive reviews)
- Blue Sky Peptide T4 (synthetic T4, very limited but generally positive/mixed reviews)

Is it necessary to use synthetic T4, rather than T4 from NDT with synthetic T3?

What brands do you guys use?

Last edited:

Kartoffel

Good old Cynoplus

L

lollipop

I am using Tyromax - only for about 2.5 months - but LOVING it. Found my sweet spot fast, turns my lights on - steady Energy all day long, stress lower. Easy to use - put drops on palm and kick it off. Carry it with me in my purse and can easily take anywhere.

G Forrest

I am using Tyromax - only for about 2.5 months - but LOVING it. Found my sweet spot fast, turns my lights on - steady Energy all day long, stress lower. Easy to use - put drops on palm and kick it off. Carry it with me in my purse and can easily take anywhere.

Have you had better results with the NDT vs a synthetic kind?

L

lollipop

Have you had better results with the NDT vs a synthetic kind?
I never used synthetic. Never felt attracted to it. Always felt NDT was correct for me. No data to support this just intuitive. Not sure this helps you much :):

Arnold Grape

Would you say that's a good starting point for most? Been at this for a bit, but still finding my temps dip -- feeling trepidation about supplementing thyroid.

L

lollipop

Would you say that's a good starting point for most? Been at this for a bit, but still finding my temps dip -- feeling trepidation about supplementing thyroid.
It seemed that way for me. I waited 3 years to take Thyroid. Glad I waited AND glad I started. I also supplement with red light in the evening a few times a week so I do not feel a need for thyroid 3 times a day. I take it 2 times a day with breakfast and lunch. Been using @LifeGivingStore’s products LOVE them ❤️

G Forrest

I can't comment on the true thyroid products above, but I would advise against most over the counter "thyroid" products you find on the online retailers. I have tried one of the products labelled as "Raw Thyroid" and found little to no result with increasing dose. It should be pointed out, the product contains a "synergistic blend", which also contains adrenal tissue, which could potentially raise adrenal function and raise cortisol. But really the issue is, it's unclear how much actual thyroid is in the product so any thyroid effect could be null. Per Ray Peat: "Lots of the thyroid products on the market seem to be very weak or inactive—I think sometimes lymph nodes have been mistaken for thyroid glands at the slaughter house"

Evgenius

Pimpomproducts are great I can vouch for the Thiroyd, but the feedback for the other products is good too.

G Forrest

I waited 3 years to take Thyroid. Glad I waited AND glad I started. ❤️

If you don't mind me asking, were there particular reasons for you for waiting, or just wanting to do thorough research? Were there any "ramp up" protocols you followed before diving in with thyroid? Thanks.

Every time I read an article about hypothyroidism, I always say to myself, "Yes! That's me!". So I've been trying to make diet/lifestyle adjustments first: staying warm, reducing stress, getting enough calories, reducing PUFA, etc. and seeing some gradual improvements. But haven't taking the plunge yet with an actual T3/T4 supplement (part of the delay though is simply debating whether or not I want to deal with the hassle of ordering internationally). I know Ray himself uses Cynoplus.

Kartoffel

How moch are you using, Lisa?

RobertJM

If Peat does take cynoplus, does anyone know how much he takes for one dose? Or if he's given any rough figures? Because one tablet obviously has quite a lot of t3/t4. I can only assume the tablets must split really easy as nobody seems to mention any problems. But I'm guessing he really does literally just 'nibble it'.

It just seems a bit vague to me. He must have a pill crusher and divide the doses of powder up into equal parts and then further into their therapeutic doses, and then dropping the powders down into gelatin caps or wrapping up in rizzla papers.

On second thoughts he probably just nibbles it.

jitsmonkey

If Peat does take cynoplus, does anyone know how much he takes for one dose? Or if he's given any rough figures? Because one tablet obviously has quite a lot of t3/t4. I can only assume the tablets must split really easy as nobody seems to mention any problems. But I'm guessing he really does literally just 'nibble it'.

It just seems a bit vague to me. He must have a pill crusher and divide the doses of powder up into equal parts and then further into their therapeutic doses, and then dropping the powders down into gelatin caps or wrapping up in rizzla papers.

On second thoughts he probably just nibbles it.

He takes .25 tab cynoplus before bed. Cynomel rest of day.

RobertJM

He takes .25 tab cynoplus before bed. Cynomel rest of day.

Thanks. If that is what he's taking, then even a quarter amount of the product is on the high side. If your thyroid is crushed that much, maybe you need that much. But it's still way over the physiological levels that the body apparently produces (according to Ray). One tablet is 120mcg/30mcg (t4:t3).

Unless I have some dodgy link here?

I am now wondering how much cynomel he does? It's hard for us to truly know really, as he seems to change what he is doing every now and then.

L

lollipop

If you don't mind me asking, were there particular reasons for you for waiting, or just wanting to do thorough research? Were there any "ramp up" protocols you followed before diving in with thyroid? Thanks.

Every time I read an article about hypothyroidism, I always say to myself, "Yes! That's me!". So I've been trying to make diet/lifestyle adjustments first: staying warm, reducing stress, getting enough calories, reducing PUFA, etc. and seeing some gradual improvements. But haven't taking the plunge yet with an actual T3/T4 supplement (part of the delay though is simply debating whether or not I want to deal with the hassle of ordering internationally). I know Ray himself uses Cynoplus.
Waiting because I wanted to dial my diet in, and also, I worked with progesterone to balance out Estrogen dominance. These two were the most immediate needs.

Both helped and things were better - truthfully not bad at all, but not fully for energy levels. Pulse and temps were good from diet and balancing out my hormones. Then I knew Thyroid was the next piece for fully addressing what I now realize was a lifetime of being hypothyroid. It quickly fixed the energy levels! I think because other pieces had been addressed and this seemed like the last “symptom” I had.

Does all that make sense?

L

lollipop

How moch are you using, Lisa?
My first dose was like 10 drops twice that day. I was like oh my: the energizer bunny on steroids - accomplished soooo many small things I put aside, because I didn’t have the “energy” for. Realized that was probably too much - lol. Next day I brought it down to 5 drops twice daily for about 3 1/2 weeks and bumped up to 6 drops twice daily for a month, then moved it to 7 drops twice daily where I am now and feel AWESOME. My sweet spot for sure and for now. I get that this will always need tweaking and adjusting over time.

jitsmonkey

Thanks. If that is what he's taking, then even a quarter amount of the product is on the high side. If your thyroid is crushed that much, maybe you need that much. But it's still way over the physiological levels that the body apparently produces (according to Ray). One tablet is 120mcg/30mcg (t4:t3).

Unless I have some dodgy link here?

I am now wondering how much cynomel he does? It's hard for us to truly know really, as he seems to change what he is doing every now and then.

Pulse temp mood
Are what dictates dosage.
His dosages cage with the season, stress, etc as should everyones.

.25 tab is just something he's said he does. I'm sure that isn't a stationary target

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals