Blue Sky Peptide: T4 Experiences

DaveFoster

Has anyone tried the Blue Sky Peptide T4 product?

http://www.blueskypeptide.com/t4-levothyroxine-400-mcg-x-30ml.html

I'm currently using up a bottle of TyroMix, but Ray recommends dosing T4 at bed time, and other sources tell of benefits from an earlier dosage (6 PM), and TyroMix necessitates regular dosing with T4 and T3. Tyronene could be used, but that would further close the gap between the T4:T3, and I'm not sure that's ideal.

ilikecats

Ray doesn’t take just t4 at night he takes cynoplus which is T3 and T4. He uses t3 during the day and then the combo at night. I don’t even know if he’d recommend T4 by itself ever considering all he’s said about the anti thyroid effects of t4 only. Still don’t get why he takes cynoplus at all tbh. Why not just T3 round the clock? He said T3 made him oversensitive to stress and that went away when he added in some t4 in to the mix. He never explained the mechanism of action though. I’ll figure it out eventually. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a quote by him where he says he doesn’t advise to take any T4 at all. Maybe the effects are different when it’s mixed with T3 a la cynoplus

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Ray doesn’t take just t4 at night he takes cynoplus which is T3 and T4. He uses t3 during the day and then the combo at night. I don’t even know if he’d recommend T4 by itself ever considering all he’s said about the anti thyroid effects of t4 only. Still don’t get why he takes cynoplus at all tbh. Why not just T3 round the clock? He said T3 made him oversensitive to stress and that went away when he added in some t4 in to the mix. He never explained the mechanism of action though. I’ll figure it out eventually. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen a quote by him where he says he doesn’t advise to take any T4 at all. Maybe the effects are different when it’s mixed with T3 a la cynoplus
T3 by itself tends to work only for a short-while, and that's my experience. The T4 offers stability in the conversion, whereas stress increases the metabolization of T3 in virtually all tissues, particularly the brain, so you'd notice the mental effects of the chemical instability.

He recommends T3 throughout the day and T4+T3 taken at night. T4 by itself can lower adrenaline and support a conversion into T3 (and all the steroid hormones) in the following morning. He takes T3 if he feels stressed (and it causes insomnia), which treats his inability to sleep by relaxing him. Over the phone with me, he's recommended either T3 or a milkshake for insomnia or to terminate the stress reaction.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster interesting... I recently gave up on T3 a couple weeks ago after trying out for about a month. I had tried it out before a year or so ago but this was my first time using in consistently. I was only using .5 to 1 mcg a day and I was starting to get a lot of hypothyroid symptoms. Its so confusing to me... it's very fickle. The first day I got it I tried .5mcg and it felt amazing, but then it would always be hit or miss after that despite using very small amounts. I felt better getting off it but I had a pulse of 100bpm during the day and temps always over 99 degrees before I started thyroid supplementation. Did Ray Peat say if he takes thyroid daily or just when he feels its needed? One thing thats very confusing to me is Danny Roddy's situation... He supplements T3 3 times a day a day and then takes T3 plus T4 at night (as per rays recommendation I believe) but his pulse is only 85 and he says his temps are between 98-99 during the day. Obvioulsy he's not hypo but he doesn't seem to have a very impressive metabolic rate and I can't see how his body is putting all that thyroid to good use without lowering his endogenous production. If his thyroid supplementation was really increasing his metabolic rate without lowering his endogenous thyroid hormone production wouldn't his pulse be at least over 100 and his temps atleast be over 99? But I know his labs are stellar (I think everythings in peats ideal ranges) which I certainly can't say for myself. Someone told me Danny Roddy once got his prolactin below 1 lol. And obviously i still struggle with some hypo symptoms despite my temp and pulse.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster interesting... I recently gave up on T3 a couple weeks ago after trying out for about a month. I was only using .5 to 1 mcg a day and I was starting to get a lot of hypothyroid symptoms. Its so confusing to me... it's very fickle. The first day I got it I tried .5mcg and it felt amazing, but then it would always be hit or miss after that despite using very small amounts. I felt better getting off it but I had a pulse of 100bpm during the day and temps always over 99 degrees before I started thyroid supplementation. Did Ray Peat say if he takes thyroid daily or just when he feels its needed? One thing thats very confusing to me is Danny Roddy's situation... He supplements T3 3 times a day a day and then takes T3 plus T4 at night (as per rays recommendation I believe) but his pulse is only 85 and he says his temps are between 98-99 during the day. Obvioulsy he's not hypo but he doesn't seem to have a very impressive metabolic rate and I can't see how his body is putting all that thyroid to good use without lowering his endogenous production. If his thyroid supplementation was really increasing his metabolic rate without lowering his endogenous thyroid hormone production wouldn't his pulse be at least over 100 and his temps atleast be over 99? But I know his labs are stellar (I think everythings in peats ideal ranges) which I certainly can't say for myself. Someone told me Danny Roddy once got his prolactin below 1 lol. And obviously i still struggle with some hypo symptoms despite my temp and pulse.
No, hyperthyroidism makes life difficult. I asked Dr. Peat the same question, and he said if he goes above 90 BPM he gets overheated with any degree of physical labor. A pulse of 85 and temperature of 98.6 would be healthy, whereas a pulse of 90 and a temperature between 98.6 and 99.0 could maintain a state of mild euphoria, and that's where I'm presuming Dr. Peat keeps his own parameters.

papaya

T3 by itself tends to work only for a short-while, and that's my experience. The T4 offers stability in the conversion, whereas stress increases the metabolization of T3 in virtually all tissues, particularly the brain, so you'd notice the mental effects of the chemical instability.

He recommends T3 throughout the day and T4+T3 taken at night. T4 by itself can lower adrenaline and support a conversion into T3 (and all the steroid hormones) in the following morning. He takes T3 if he feels stressed (and it causes insomnia), which treats his inability to sleep by relaxing him. Over the phone with me, he's recommended either T3 or a milkshake for insomnia or to terminate the stress reaction.
does ray peat use thyroid everyday, or just as needed? i'd love figure out a way to cycle thyroid so that i always get the good effects. maybe go off for 3 days every 2 wks.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster hmmm.... I've seen you post Peats comment about that before... Just always confused me. From reading his work it seems like there is a positive linear correlation between pulse and temp (as long as they’re not driven by stress hormones) and the regenerative ability of the organism. He didn’t even tell you that higher was worse- just that it made him feel uncomfortable in some situations. I’ve honestly never seen him say anything along the lines of promoting caution about raising the metabolism too high (except to watch for nutrient deficiencies). Didn’t he suggest that his dad keep his heart rate at at least 110bpm while he was healing from cataracts? Forum poster sea said that Peat recommends cancer patients to keep their heart rate at 130bpm for months at a time. I couldn’t find the source for that statement, I’m going to make another forum post to try to find the original quote. Why not always keep the body in that extremely high energetic state? So what if it can be a little uncomfortable. I’m sure eventually you’d get used to It. It’s like he’s not even trying to achieve immortality lol. Have you seen the quote where ray says that the ideal temperature for the brain and immune system might be 101 degrees or “a little higher”? I don’t know how much brain temperature varies from oral temperature but I’ve heard him use them interchangeably (implying that they were similar if not the same)

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

does ray peat use thyroid everyday, or just as needed? i'd love figure out a way to cycle thyroid so that i always get the good effects. maybe go off for 3 days every 2 wks.
Every day. He maintains a state of mild euphoria, so if you don't feel good taking thyroid every day, then there's probably something amiss, whether in your diet, ratio of T3 to T4, allergens or stored toxins, medications and so on.

@DaveFoster hmmm.... I've seen you post Peats comment about that before... Just always confused me. From reading his work it seems like there is a positive linear correlation between pulse and temp (as long as they’re not driven by stress hormones) and the regenerative ability of the organism. He didn’t even tell you that higher was worse- just that it made him feel uncomfortable in some situations. I’ve honestly never seen him say anything along the lines of promoting caution about raising the metabolism too high (except to watch for nutrient deficiencies). Didn’t he suggest that his dad keep his heart rate at at least 110bpm while he was healing from cataracts? Forum poster sea said that he recommends cancer patients to keep their heart rate at 130bpm for months at a time. I couldn’t find the source for that statement, I’m going to make another forum post to try to find the original quote. Why not always keep the body in that extremely high energetic state? So what if it can be a little uncomfortable. I’m sure eventually you’d get used to It. It’s like he’s not even trying to achieve immortality lol. Have you seen the quote where ray says that the ideal temperature for the brain and immune system might be 101 degrees or “a little higher”? I don’t know how much brain temperature varies from oral temperature but I’ve heard him use them interchangeably (implying that they were similar if not the same)
Happiness means that you're dying slowly.

"I have never seen evidence that they [our bodies] contain any principle of mortality, and in recent years the suspicion that we contain all the equipment needed for perpetual renewal, given the right circumstances, is seeming to be increasingly plausible." - Raymond Peat, PhD

Due to the inferior climate, mammalian life has evolved in an ecological setting with polyunsaturated fats and accorded stress reactions in temperature climates, which impairs the regeneration of the organism, and thus we cannot achieve immortality yet.

ilikecats

@DaveFoster obviously I've read that Peat quote before. You didn't even address any of the points I made. And then for the most part you contradicted Peat with your statement after that....

ilikecats

Im not criticizing Ray or saying he’s wrong he just doesn't seem interested in pursuing his ideas to the extreme in terms of self experimentation. Which is understandable because doing so can end up being very time consuming and restrictive. Take the topic of CO2. Ray talks about doing some short bag breathing sessions and occasionally going to live at high altitude. Obviously this would have a good effect on ones health. But look at someone like VOS. He constantly was applying different breathing techniques and breath holds to increase CO2 around the clock, he would breath CO2 from a canister for two hours a day, and he’d sleep in an enclosed tent to keep himself in a high CO2 environment while he slept. I feel you could apply similar extreme techniques to any of Ray Peats ideas.

Last edited:

Philjay

Blue sky were dropped as sponsors on one forum after tests showed stuff was bunk.
Just so you know.

OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

@DaveFoster obviously I've read that Peat quote before. You didn't even address any of the points I made. And then for the most part you contradicted Peat with your statement after that....
I don't think we can make extrapolations about the sustainability of supraphysiological states, or rather states that resemble infancy since there's little evidence for the outcome due the rarity of true hyperthyroidism in the elderly. Certainly, discomfort suggests harm. Why not 140 BPM or 160 BPM? Or 200 BPM? Well, then you'd probably die.

I think Dr. Peat referred to the theoretical capabilities of the organism given a "perfect" diet.

Last edited:
OP
DaveFoster

DaveFoster

Blue sky were dropped as sponsors on one forum after tests showed stuff was bunk.
Just so you know.
Could you provide a link?

superhuman

In terms of T4 dosage. How much does Ray recommend taking or the range? just the 40 mcg in the evening like he says in the article. Or does he prefer more if people does not get any results from that and the T3 nibbling? I have not gotten any result from T3 only or T3 + T4 so im thinking about finding the optimal range and dosage for them. I want to go higher since i dont get any results

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals