Novothyral (T3/T4 Mix) + A General Thyroid Question

youngsinatra

I frequently see cynoplus as the taken thyroid supplement. I have gotten access to Novothyral. It‘s also a synthetic T4/T3 mix with a 5:1 ratio.

I have seen that thyroid should be taken on an empty stomach because T4 absorption gets significantly reduced by coffee (-30% or so), calcium, food in general. Is this the same true for T3? I have seen that T3 can be taken with food.

If that is true then, maybe taking the Novothyral with coffee might be good because it improves the T4:T3 ratio, with less T4 and more T3 that way.

Does anyone have experience with this product?

3319D2E6-6EA7-4071-97C0-ABFEFCA43747.jpeg

EustaceBagge

Looks good but if health is not decent to begin with the T4 can convert to RT3, blocking the effects of T3. As for the absorption, even though we speculate T3 is not affected by food, we only do so because there are very few studies on the subject.

But no need to overthink things, just see how you feel with vs without food for the medication, and ensure your liver has adequate support to make good use of the T4.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Started taking it after meals as Danny suggested and it feels way smoother (probably due to reduced total absorption, but it also creates a sort-of time release effect)

Rn I take 1/4 tablet per meal (4 meals) to compensate the lowered absorption.

Beforehand I used to take it in the morning on an empty stomach. (as most pharmacist and doctors recommend)

peter88

Started taking it after meals as Danny suggested and it feels way smoother (probably due to reduced total absorption, but it also creates a sort-of time release effect)

Rn I take 1/4 tablet per meal (4 meals) to compensate the lowered absorption.

Beforehand I used to take it in the morning on an empty stomach. (as most pharmacist and doctors recommend)
What have you noticed taking thyroid? Any clear benefits?

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

What have you noticed taking thyroid? Any clear benefits?
Increased body temperature mainly, increase in pulse, faster digestion, improved relaxation, deeper breathing, decrease in my neurological symptoms like balance issues.

But I‘m still relatively new to the matter and still finding my personal ideal dose (it takes a fair bit of experimentation!)

peter88

Increased body temperature mainly, increase in pulse, faster digestion, improved relaxation, deeper breathing, decrease in my neurological symptoms like balance issues.

But I‘m still relatively new to the matter and still finding my personal ideal dose (it takes a fair bit of experimentation!)
Wow that sounds great. I’ve been trying tyromix the last couple weeks and it’s 2:1 ratio is potent.

I started really noticing benefits after 12 days of taking it which aligns with what Ray says about waiting 2 weeks before increasing your dose.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Wow that sounds great. I’ve been trying tyromix the last couple weeks and it’s 2:1 ratio is potent.

I started really noticing benefits after 12 days of taking it which aligns with what Ray says about waiting 2 weeks before increasing your dose.
Yeah it takes some time for the effects to become more stable.

OP
youngsinatra

youngsinatra

Finally started hitting the desired body temperature and pulse when I’m waking up (36.6C / 75 pulse) AND throughout the day. (37.0 / 85-90 pulse)

I‘m feeling very good.

Right now I‘m taking 25mcg T4/5mcg T3 - 3 times a day after a solid meal. (morning - midday - evening)

I needed to reduce the dose from 4 times a day to 3 times because I became hyper after only a few days of that dose, with my pulse getting over 100+ bpm and my body temperature to 37.1-37.3

Last edited:

kimbriel

T3 doesn't need to be taken on an empty stomach. In fact, Peat used to say that it's hard on the liver to take thyroid meds on an empty stomach. Hence why I dissolve them in my mouth instead. A 5 to 1 ration would be horrible for me. They gave Novothyral to my cousin in Germany, but I had her ask for just straight T3 instead. She can take a little T4 with it if she wants.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals