2018 Thyroid Sources

Sefton10

I did try it, but I did not go up to the six capsules. I have experimented with different thyroid extracts, but really never noticed much of a difference. Currently trying IdeaLabs. I think for the most part, using a desicated thyroid that is equivalent to what we would ingest if we consumed the thyroid like our ancestors did would be the most natural. Question is: what is that amount equivalent to in a supplement form, and how much thyroid was eaten in those days. I suspect, if you are not specifically treating a low thyroid condition, even a small amount would be good to keep things going.
Those were my thoughts exactly, just having 2 or 3 capsules every few days as we would have encountered it in nature as opposed to trying to work out a complicated dosing plan. I found this brand too which is just pure desiccated thyroid, it looks decent: Grass Fed Beef Thyroid - Natural Dessicated Thyroid

I’m in the UK so trying to work out delivery/customs is a bit of a minefield as haven’t found a UK-based supplier yet.

Recoen

I did try it, but I did not go up to the six capsules. I have experimented with different thyroid extracts, but really never noticed much of a difference. Currently trying IdeaLabs. I think for the most part, using a desicated thyroid that is equivalent to what we would ingest if we consumed the thyroid like our ancestors did would be the most natural. Question is: what is that amount equivalent to in a supplement form, and how much thyroid was eaten in those days. I suspect, if you are not specifically treating a low thyroid condition, even a small amount would be good to keep things going.
Is the idealabs NDT working for you? How would you compare it to the ancestral supplements one?

I posted already on this in the 2019 thread but I am enjoying desiccated thyroid from New Zealand, powdered, from LifeGivingStore.com

And no I'm not a share holder or affiliate. It has no excipients and seems to work well for me. You do need a scale of course.

Sefton10

I posted already on this in the 2019 thread but I am enjoying desiccated thyroid from New Zealand, powdered, from LifeGivingStore.com

And no I'm not a share holder or affiliate. It has no excipients and seems to work well for me. You do need a scale of course.
Coincidentally just came across that this afternoon and it looks a great option. Currently weighing up the postage cost of getting it to the UK.

Recoen

Are you doing the WTS protocol too?

Dave Clark

Is the idealabs NDT working for you? How would you compare it to the ancestral supplements one?
I am experimenting between the Tyromix and Tyromax. Somehow, when I applied Peat principles, regarding diet, lower PUFAs and estrogen, etc., my thyroid sort of woke up, and I just want to give it some support with these formulas. However, after each passing year one has to monitor to make sure you don't need more support. Other factors: sometimes when you fix a metabolic problem or nutrient deficiency, or some other issue like metal toxicity, etc., certain organs will start to normalize and then what you had been using in supplements may be too much. I have seen this with LDN, OSR, and others, plus like I said that when you fix other metabolic problems with Peat principles, for instance, then these systems/organs may wake up and start functioning better. I think it is safe to say that use as little of thyroid hormone as possible to get a normal temp/pulse and warm hands and feet, etc.

Recoen

I am experimenting between the Tyromix and Tyromax. Somehow, when I applied Peat principles, regarding diet, lower PUFAs and estrogen, etc., my thyroid sort of woke up, and I just want to give it some support with these formulas. However, after each passing year one has to monitor to make sure you don't need more support. Other factors: sometimes when you fix a metabolic problem or nutrient deficiency, or some other issue like metal toxicity, etc., certain organs will start to normalize and then what you had been using in supplements may be too much. I have seen this with LDN, OSR, and others, plus like I said that when you fix other metabolic problems with Peat principles, for instance, then these systems/organs may wake up and start functioning better. I think it is safe to say that use as little of thyroid hormone as possible to get a normal temp/pulse and warm hands and feet, etc.
I agree completely. I’ve been using the ancestral supplements thyroid for a few months and take anywhere from 2-6 per day depending on my pulse, temps, and if my hand/feet are cold - my tsh was 1.1 but I have high-normal cortisol throughout the day, and high-normal cholesterol. I feel pretty good on it. But I am looking for one that’s only the NDT. That's why I was asking about how you would compare it to tyromax. I think I’ll try the lifegiving store one after I’m through with this bottle.

I’m a little concerned about T4->T3 conversion and too much becoming rev T3. I’m hoping each product has enough T3 that this isn’t an issue. I’m in Ca so with the fires and CV I’m still waiting for an independent lab to run my other serum thyroid markers.

dolly122

I have been supplementing t4 and t3 on my own. I feel much better. I’m going to have a thyroid test Tsh t4and t3. I’m worried whether the test can detect synthetic hormones or it doesn’t make a distinction. Does anybody know? Will my dr know I’ve been supplementing?

lau

I put an order in March 26 and it arrived today in the northeast US. Expiration date is June 2022.
hi sweatpeat, do you still use thiroyd? if so can you please where are you getting it from, i can't find it anywhere? i'm considering switching to synthetic but i've been on thiroyd for so long & i'm dreading having to deal with switching things up.

sweetpeat

hi sweatpeat, do you still use thiroyd? if so can you please where are you getting it from, i can't find it anywhere? i'm considering switching to synthetic but i've been on thiroyd for so long & i'm dreading having to deal with switching things up.
No, the last time I wanted to order I wasn't able to find a source. I mainly use synthetics anyway, for myself personally.
I do give NDT to my elderly dog. I'm currently using NDT from Forefront Health and it does seem to work. I can't say for sure how it compares to Thiroyd. Probably a matter of trial and error.

lau

No, the last time I wanted to order I wasn't able to find a source. I mainly use synthetics anyway, for myself personally.
I do give NDT to my elderly dog. I'm currently using NDT from Forefront Health and it does seem to work. I can't say for sure how it compares to Thiroyd. Probably a matter of trial and error.
such a bummer. i guess it's time to go back to synthetics. have you ever tried thyronorm & tiromel or do you just stick with cynoplus? it's so much easier to order from adc than mexico but i need to get what's gonna work best. i've searched around & can't find anyone on here that's tried thyronorm which seems weird.

sweetpeat

such a bummer. i guess it's time to go back to synthetics. have you ever tried thyronorm & tiromel or do you just stick with cynoplus? it's so much easier to order from adc than mexico but i need to get what's gonna work best. i've searched around & can't find anyone on here that's tried thyronorm which seems weird.
I had to look up thyronorm. You're right, I've not seen it mentioned here before. So it's synthetic t4. I use a synthetic t4 from Mexico. I seem to need a higher ratio of t4 than what is in NDT or cynoplus.

I have tried tiromel. A few years ago, cynomel was out of stock so the pharmacy sent me tiromel. I actually liked it better than cynomel. It wasn't as crumbly to split into small doses, and it felt just the same as cynomel to me. I would have no problem ordering it again if the Mexican pharmacy carried it.

I've never ordered from all day chemist. How are they easier to order from? I like the sound of that.