Too Much Ashwagandha, Now Serotonin Syndrome? Please Help

bboone

It's a serotonin receptor antagonist.

if the receptor is already desensitized, wouldn’t an antagonist cause further desensizitation and so exacerbate the issue? the wikipedia page says activation of the receptor causes dopamine release in the prefontal cortex, so wouldn’t antagonism reduce dopamine expression?

one thing i find strange is that the wikipedia page says activation of the 5ht1A receptor facilitates sexual arousal but inhibits penile erection. is this a mistake...?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
I may have FINALLY resolved this issue, after YEARS of suffering from PSSD-Like symptoms from Ashwagandha.

I started using St. Johns Wort, for 5HT1-a up-regulation, whilst simultaneously using ZEOLITE (Which increases sensitivity of the 5-HT1A receptor) and it appears that this has REALLY helped. Like I can feel again.

During this time I also used Cistus Incatus tea (Aiding detoxification) and also C-60 Fullerene in olive oil.

I hope this continues to stay positive.

I thought I was doomed for life after my experience with Ashwaganhda....

Alpha

if the receptor is already desensitized, wouldn’t an antagonist cause further desensizitation and so exacerbate the issue? the wikipedia page says activation of the receptor causes dopamine release in the prefontal cortex, so wouldn’t antagonism reduce dopamine expression?

one thing i find strange is that the wikipedia page says activation of the 5ht1A receptor facilitates sexual arousal but inhibits penile erection. is this a mistake...?

Antagonists usually resensitize receptors because you're giving them the binding signal with weak agnostic properties.

I may have FINALLY resolved this issue, after YEARS of suffering from PSSD-Like symptoms from Ashwagandha.

I started using St. Johns Wort, for 5HT1-a up-regulation, whilst simultaneously using ZEOLITE (Which increases sensitivity of the 5-HT1A receptor) and it appears that this has REALLY helped. Like I can feel again.

During this time I also used Cistus Incatus tea (Aiding detoxification) and also C-60 Fullerene in olive oil.

I hope this continues to stay positive.

I thought I was doomed for life after my experience with Ashwaganhda....

It's not that simple. Not all 5-HT1 receptors function the same, it's location dependent. Some are autoreceptors, some aren't.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Antagonists usually resensitize receptors because you're giving them the binding signal with weak agnostic properties.

It's not that simple. Not all 5-HT1 receptors function the same, it's location dependent. Some are autoreceptors, some aren't.

When I'm under the influence of Zeolite, I notice all my sensation returns, libido comes back full strength, and mood is boosted.

______blue

st johns wort has helped me alot too. been doing alot of ashwagandha for a year combined with LOTS of strong opiates. i dont think i had the exact same problem as ts.
I feel "normal" with st johns wort finally. been using it for couple months really dont wanna quit it but i guess i have too soon. Up and downregulation i have no interest in except for maybe what running can do naturally. The brain will balance itself out unless its a real serious damage which is rare.
I really hope i feel somewhat okey when i quit st johns wort!

Momado965

Holy ****! I realized I suffer from all the symptom that come along with ashwafandha use. I used 15g for an intire year from 2015 to 2016. Then on and off 600-1200mg ksm until recently. Its funny how uninterested I feel in many things. Would lisuride work?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
st johns wort has helped me alot too. been doing alot of ashwagandha for a year combined with LOTS of strong opiates. i dont think i had the exact same problem as ts.
I feel "normal" with st johns wort finally. been using it for couple months really dont wanna quit it but i guess i have too soon. Up and downregulation i have no interest in except for maybe what running can do naturally. The brain will balance itself out unless its a real serious damage which is rare.
I really hope i feel somewhat okey when i quit st johns wort!

Which St John's Wort did you use?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Holy ****! I realized I suffer from all the symptom that come along with ashwafandha use. I used 15g for an intire year from 2015 to 2016. Then on and off 600-1200mg ksm until recently. Its funny how uninterested I feel in many things. Would lisuride work?

This topic infuriates me so much, that I even emailed KSM-66 and brought this up...
No response yet.

I really feel like so many other men are also suffering, but are unaware that it has been the Ashwagandha as the culprit.

Lisuride, not sure.

WHat are your exact symptoms and how do they compare to PSSD?

Momado965

This topic infuriates me so much, that I even emailed KSM-66 and brought this up...
No response yet.

I really feel like so many other men are also suffering, but are unaware that it has been the Ashwagandha as the culprit.

Lisuride, not sure.

WHat are your exact symptoms and how do they compare to PSSD?

All of them I'd say. But what I dislike most is my lack of interest in many things. It really pisses me off because I wanna develop and better myself. To be a refined man.

Momado965

Anyone finally knew how to resolve ptsd-anhedonia symptoms post ashwagandha use?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Anyone finally knew how to resolve ptsd-anhedonia symptoms post ashwagandha use?

I've had windows of resolution. Somehow ZEOLITE seems to help me. Also, raising cortisol seems to help too (Adrenal cortex)

And I am currently undergoing extremely intensive homeopathic treatment from a doctor from india to unfu** myself after Ashwagandha.

Anytime I touch Zinc, IM NUMB. So annoying.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals