Too Much Ashwagandha, Now Serotonin Syndrome? Please Help

I see, more reason to downregulate 5HT2.

Well I haven't smoked in 6 years already and I don't plan on starting again.

What did you specifically want me to see on that post?
Well, the part of serotonin involved in psychosis with cannabis abuse.
But beware, it is not as simple of just down regulating some receptors, coz 5HT2 for instance are expressed in different parts of the brain with each different functions.

OP
E

edd00

I
Well, the part of serotonin involved in psychosis with cannabis abuse.
But beware, it is not as simple of just down regulating some receptors, coz 5HT2 for instance are expressed in different parts of the brain with each different functions.
I read that microdosing on LSD or shrooms can downregulate it. That explains why some people really report feeling very happy from it.

Also how exactly does my brain re balance itself? Have I upregulated or downregualted something that I have to repair now?
It is called homeostasis: link
Usually it takes a month after stopping a drug for the brain to re-balance its neurotransmitter system. But with heavy hard drug use it could take a year.

OP
E

edd00

We
It is called homeostasis: link
Usually it takes a month after stopping a drug for the brain to re-balance its neurotransmitter system. But with heavy hard drug use it could take a year.
Well its been 6 years since I stopped marijuana. Hope things are back to normal now lol

But seriously is that always the case? Arent there people permanently screwed up from it drug use. I have to say that does scare me at times bc I smoked a lot

We

Well its been 6 years since I stopped marijuana. Hope things are back to normal now lol

But seriously is that always the case? Arent there people permanently screwed up from it drug use. I have to say that does scare me at times bc I smoked a lot
- Well, I have seen brain scans of "pleasure parts" from heavy cocaine users that normalized only after a year of abstinence of cocaine use.
- I two have chronically used cannabis, for over 13 years. And afterwards my issue with it was anxiety and sensitivity for paranoia and psychosis. Took me years to recover, still not the same. I recently started abusing MDMA that caused downregulation of serotonin. Never felt the same person afterwards. So now I'm upregulating those serotonins with St John's wort, and it's working, I'm becoming more myself again.

OP
E

edd00

- Well, I have seen brain scans of "pleasure parts" from heavy cocaine users that normalized only after a year of abstinence of cocaine use.
- I two have chronically used cannabis, for over 13 years. And afterwards my issue with it was anxiety and sensitivity for paranoia and psychosis. Took me years to recover, still not the same. I recently started abusing MDMA that caused downregulation of serotonin. Never felt the same person afterwards. So now I'm upregulating those serotonins with St John's wort, and it's working, I'm becoming more myself again.
Yeah that was my experience with marinuana too! Parnoia and anxiety and rapid heartbeat. Still really dont feel the same. Dreams so vivid. Ive been on cbd for like a month now, maybe it will help us.

I know st johns wart can upregulate 5HT2a. I see that low dose mdma can down regulate 5HT2a, possibly microdosing,

Good luck my brother and thank you for all your help. I'll be on the boards a lot now I think, look forward to seeing on here again too!

Yeah that was my experience with marinuana too! Parnoia and anxiety and rapid heartbeat. Still really dont feel the same. Dreams so vivid. Ive been on cbd for like a month now, maybe it will help us.

I know st johns wart can upregulate 5HT2a. I see that low dose mdma can down regulate 5HT2a, possibly microdosing,

Good luck my brother and thank you for all your help. I'll be on the boards a lot now I think, look forward to seeing on here again too!
- Yeah, the CBD looks interesting, never tried it. But I want to check it soon, coz it should also be effective for topical hair growth and oily scalp that I have.
- St john's worth upregulates 5ht1a, 5ht2a and 5ht2c hehe. Careful with low dose MDMA, should be combined with antioxidants like Vit C / E.
- You are welcome bro!

Frankdee20

Doesn’t Ginko interact with 5ht1A ? How does this herb differ in its effects on that receptor from Ash and Rhodiola ?

OP
E

edd00

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Can I just say that I also experienced these EXACT same symptoms since using Ashwagandha many many years ago. I will admit this... I have not been the same since. My oragasms are still so significantly blunted.

I have tried so many substances since, and only some seem to help.

I am seriously suspecting the interaction with 5HT1A and/or 5HT2A is a culprit, but I can't pinpoint this.

Also, what does seem to help is Olive Leaf Extract, Cordyceps (Downregulates 5HT2A), Ecklonia cava.

I have tried Shilajit which didn't help, High dose Thiamine which also doesn't really help.

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hi there,

I was a long time user of Ashwagandha and one day developed severe GERD. As it turns out, Ashwagandha belongs to the nightshade family and even if you’ve never been sensitive to nightshades before, you can develop an allergy to them when exposure to nightshades (as in large amounts of Ashwagandha powder) is chronic. If you are having digestive issues along with the other stuff, I would consider an allergic reaction as a possible explanation. The symptoms of nightshade allergy symptoms and serotonin excess kinda sorta overlap. Just my 2 cents...

Great point Nicole. I think a lot of people forget that Ashwagandha is a nightshade.

OP
E

edd00

Can I just say that I also experienced these EXACT same symptoms since using Ashwagandha many many years ago. I will admit this... I have not been the same since. My oragasms are still so significantly blunted.

I have tried so many substances since, and only some seem to help.

I am seriously suspecting the interaction with 5HT1A and/or 5HT2A is a culprit, but I can't pinpoint this.

Also, what does seem to help is Olive Leaf Extract, Cordyceps (Downregulates 5HT2A), Ecklonia cava.

I have tried Shilajit which didn't help, High dose Thiamine which also doesn't really help.

This is concerning, how long have you been trying cordyceps? I see you said it is helping, maybe just more time?

Doesnt make sense, why wouldnt thd brain just fix itself if it wants to creats homeostasis

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
This is concerning, how long have you been trying cordyceps? I see you said it is helping, maybe just more time?

Doesnt make sense, why wouldnt thd brain just fix itself if it wants to creats homeostasis

Cordyceps almost fully restores my libido, and it works rather rapidly too. Keep in mind Cordyecps has a sensational dopaminergic profile (And lowers prolactin) and also interacts with the Glutamatergic system.

Frankdee20

Cordyceps almost fully restores my libido, and it works rather rapidly too. Keep in mind Cordyecps has a sensational dopaminergic profile (And lowers prolactin) and also interacts with the Glutamatergic system.

It’s almost never discussed though, I didn’t even know it’s mechanism of action. I usually know a lot of useless ***t like that. Lol. Only hear of it in CFS forums.

Frankdee20

I think I initially got a good response from Gingko... But it can block aldosterone quite well, which makes it difficult to use if you can't hold fluids well.

I like Ginko too, but it can block Glycine off it’s receptor, and antagonize GABA. Sometimes anxiogenic.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals