Unable To Stop My Extreme Serotonin Toxicity

OP
N

nostalgic

I'm thinking about giving Tianeptine a shot soon, does anyone on this forum sell any?

OP
N

nostalgic

I ordered Tianeptine from 2 different sites so hopefully one of them gets through the customs. I'm still interested in buying it from someone on here if possible. I'd pay using PayPal gift transfer so you wouldn't have to worry about it not arriving.

Last edited:
OP
N

nostalgic

The fasting is so that you don't have to deal with serotonin toxicity symptoms in the short term since you're saying that even carrots are giving you bad symptoms. The CO2 from the hypoventilation is what will actually help for the future. Also I'd suggest mixing a generous amount of salt or baking soda in some water and drinking that b/c that will instantly lower serotonin/raise CO2.

You can either do bag breathing as Peat recommends (breathing into a plastic/paper bag around your nose and face so that you are breathing the same air over and over again), or you can do a form of pranayama which is breathing through only one nostril, or you can try the buteyko method, which involves making your breathing shallower and less frequent (a good website for details on this is normalbreathing.com). The common result from all three of these methods is a decrease in ventilation (hypoventilation) and as a result an increase in CO2 which will inhibit serotonin release.

I just tried the buteyko method and it gave me almost an euphoric sensation some time after stopping, which felt amazing, so I decided to go again very shortly after but that gave me an extreme anxiety attack, made me feel like I was gonna faint, and now I feel out of breath and have a tingling sensation all over my body - really scary stuff. Does feel a bit euphoric at the same time though, very weird. Do you think this is serotonin depletion or did I get CO2 poisoned? I'll be more careful next time, but this should just be temporary right?

e: I ended up in the hospital with a very bad anxiety attack, how embarrassing. I don't think I wanna try that exercise again, which is a shame since it felt so good in the beginning.

Last edited:

Peata

I just tried the buteyko method and it gave me almost an euphoric sensation some time after stopping, which felt amazing, so I decided to go again very shortly after but that gave me an extreme anxiety attack, made me feel like I was gonna faint, and now I feel out of breath and have a tingling sensation all over my body - really scary stuff. Does feel a bit euphoric at the same time though, very weird. Do you think this is serotonin depletion or did I get CO2 poisoned? I'll be more careful next time, but this should just be temporary right?

e: I ended up in the hospital with a very bad anxiety attack, how embarrassing. I don't think I wanna try that exercise again, which is a shame since it felt so good in the beginning.
Sorry you ended up in the hospital. Did they say if your CO2 was elevated? And have you overcome the serotonin toxicity?

OP
N

nostalgic

Sorry you ended up in the hospital. Did they say if your CO2 was elevated? And have you overcome the serotonin toxicity?
They didn't say, but it's not a normal reaction that's for sure. I've also having extreme histamine issues the last week so now I barely eat anything, and I've lost a ton of weight. I fear this might be the end for me.

jyb

cyproheptadine causing gastritis...never saw that before, is that a known side effect?

InChristAlone

I also got panic attacks from butyeko. I am now just conscious about not mouth breathing and not sucking in my stomach, just relaxed breathing basically.

BingDing

If you search "impower" on the forum you'll find a thread Amino Acid Supplementation For People With Poor Digestion. It grew out of a discussion with Haidut about BCAAs, etc. A guy in Canada is making and selling the supplement, there is a link in the thread to his web site. No tryptophan! I find it very easy on the body as there is no waste nitrogen to be processed. There is a related discussion about under utilization of protein eaten as food, I'm not sure what numbers are real but as little as 20 g of amino acids/day may be adequate protein. That might be helpful for you.

Blake

I've read that raw carrot can be hard on the stomach: Raw Carrots and Stomach Pain

so I'm not sure about eating it atm. I certainly haven't gotten the recommended amount of protein the last 2 months but I think it's fine to eat less for a while. Saw an article that some people on an island only ate 39g protein a day and they were all very healthy. If only I could tolerate potatoes and rice again soon.

I really appreciate you sharing your experience. I have been eating very low amounts of protein the last 2 months in form of BCAA and a couple of days of collagen, as well as about 20g protein from rice, potatoes, and carrots. I guess it's not acute yet, but this ***t scares the life out of me, especially since I've been getting worse - probably due to the previously mentioned gastritis. So I'll just try to hang in there and hopefully it'll improve eventually. I think I'll stay away from any supplements for now to not irritate my stomach more.
did you try Pepcid to lower your serotonin

OP
N

nostalgic

did you try Pepcid to lower your serotonin
Yeah, it only delayed the effect. What's weird is that I eventually ended up with low serotonin (9 months later) so I got depressed. Took a very low amount of omega 3 to increase my levels but now it's too high again, sigh. What works best for controlling the symptoms is without a doubt Cyproheptadine, at least from what I've tried.

My muscle twitching has not seized unfortunately, and I'm extremely sensitive to anything that raises serotonin.

Blake

Yeah, it only delayed the effect. What's weird is that I eventually ended up with low serotonin (9 months later) so I got depressed. Took a very low amount of omega 3 to increase my levels but now it's too high again, sigh. What works best for controlling the symptoms is without a doubt Cyproheptadine, at least from what I've tried.

My muscle twitching has not seized unfortunately, and I'm extremely sensitive to anything that raises serotonin.
Where did you get Cyproheptadine? When I went to the er they just said I had allergic reaction but I also informed them of all the other natural producing Serotonin supplements like melatonin ,ginkgo, omega and many more and the doctor just said I had allergic reaction

ddjd

You should try DHT. It has a strong anti Serotonin effect

Blake

How bad was your serotonin syndrome? Mild to Severe

Blake

Serotonin is metabolized in the lungs so avoid smoke, pollution, and any sort of oxidative stress to the lungs. Glutathione is the primary antioxidant and vasodilator lungs, so managing it's reduced status is important.
Avoid starchy foods for a couple weeks to see if that helps. You can always reintroduce them later. Daily raw carrot, mushrooms a couple times a week should provide antiseptic properties to keep gut bacteria in check. Good that you're keeping your dietary amino acid profile balanced but so make sure you're getting enough protein in general or your liver function and glutathione status will suffer.
So will the supplemental Glutathione help?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals