Serotonin depletion stunts growth?

Art1h_

Hi guys, I’m a bit confused.
Ray says that serotonin is important for rapid growth. Some studies say that a lack of tryptophan stopped the linear growth of some rats. And others studies say that serotonin cause bone loss and that depleting serotonin will increase bone mass.
I already bought bcaa and L-tyrosine to lower serotonin and my question is if lowering serotonin will be counterproductive for me since my growth are still open.

retroactive

yes children require tryptophan for growth. I would bet that if you eat some meat you won't be able to lower it sufficiently to impair growth however

redsun

Hi guys, I’m a bit confused.
Ray says that serotonin is important for rapid growth. Some studies say that a lack of tryptophan stopped the linear growth of some rats. And others studies say that serotonin cause bone loss and that depleting serotonin will increase bone mass.
I already bought bcaa and L-tyrosine to lower serotonin and my question is if lowering serotonin will be counterproductive for me since my growth are still open.

How old are you? If you are still young and at the age where you could grow, you should not supplement isolated amino acids (such as tyrosine) but eat whole foods to get protein and nutrients to maximize growth. Meat, milk, eggs, organs...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals