Current Best Ideas And Supplement(s) To Lower Serotonin?

Discussion in 'Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs' started by cyclops, Nov 7, 2019.

1. cyclops

cyclops Member

I believe I'm getting a decent amount of Tryptophan in my diet and want to try some ways to lower Serotonin.

I was reading through a few of the threads and it seems the BCAAs + Phenylalanine + Tyrosine Combo is a popular method, but then I found this thread saying Valine (which is 1 of the 3 AAs in BCAAs could be bad). BCAA Not Safe, Valine Can Promote Endotoxin Is this true?

Also are Phenylalanine & Tyrosine largely interchangeable? Many threads make it seems this way. Or is there a difference and certain people should favor one over the other?

If trying all three (BCAAs, Phenylalanine and Tyrosine) what would a good ratio and dose be to try?

And how does this method compare to just taking Cyproheptadine? It it worth the extra trouble?

Lastly, is there any other supplement(s) to try? Or are these the main two things if you really want to give lowering Serotonin a shot?

Thanks.

2. redsun

redsun Member

If you are vulnerable to getting moles on the skin I wouldnt touch tyrosine.

3. OP
    cyclops

cyclops Member

I don't think I am, but thats good to know.

4. redsun

redsun Member

Question is do you have moles? If yes then that means you can probably get more. I dont know how likely it is if you combine tyrosine with other amino acids but I used tyrosine only so that was likely much worse but not 100% sure.

5. OP
    cyclops

cyclops Member

I have a few, so yeah I can probably get more. Interesting Tyrosine can do that - thanks for this info. Something I'll definitely keep in mind when weighing the pros and cons of everything. Have you tried Phenylalanine or any other ways to lower Serotonin?

6. Tristan Loscha

Tristan Loscha Member

Tryptophan avoidance,dairy has a very high amount,way more than meat or egggs.

7. Anders86

Anders86 Member

I like the combo.

2g BCAA, 1g Phenylalanine, 1g Tyrosine, 2g Taurine, 0.5g Lysine, 0.5g Threonine and I like 2g of Trimethylglycine because of MTHFR.

I might up it to 3-1.5-1.5-2-1-1-2.

Mix it with juice, sugar, salt, caffeine and B vitamins. And a glass of milk beside.

Then trough the day eat gelatin candy with milk or cheese, or collagen in latte etc.

Diamant, Cyproheptadine, Lisuride and Meterogoline all have their benefits.

8. OP
    cyclops

cyclops Member

Great stuff, thanks! Definitely will try some of this out. Never heard of Threonine and Trimethylglycine...will have to look into that.

9. Hans

Hans Member

Here is an article on lowering serotonin: 60 Best ways to lower Serotonin
    But in general, eat low gut-irritating foods to lower gut serotonin production, lower excess estrogen, increase thyroid, avoid super high tryptophan foods, keep cortisol in check, lower inflammation, sleep enough, get sunlight, relax, etc.

10. Kartoffel

Kartoffel Member

That's just not true.

11. Mauritio

Mauritio Member

I think might be a good option ,as it eliminates the source of serotonin ...

12. Tristan Loscha

Tristan Loscha Member

It is true that the amount is not very much higher as stated,but twice as high
    as in beef or chicken.Fernstrom ratio im not convinced atm,if you allude to that.