Current Best Ideas And Supplement(s) To Lower Serotonin?

cyclops

I believe I'm getting a decent amount of Tryptophan in my diet and want to try some ways to lower Serotonin.

I was reading through a few of the threads and it seems the BCAAs + Phenylalanine + Tyrosine Combo is a popular method, but then I found this thread saying Valine (which is 1 of the 3 AAs in BCAAs could be bad). BCAA Not Safe, Valine Can Promote Endotoxin Is this true?

Also are Phenylalanine & Tyrosine largely interchangeable? Many threads make it seems this way. Or is there a difference and certain people should favor one over the other?

If trying all three (BCAAs, Phenylalanine and Tyrosine) what would a good ratio and dose be to try?

And how does this method compare to just taking Cyproheptadine? It it worth the extra trouble?

Lastly, is there any other supplement(s) to try? Or are these the main two things if you really want to give lowering Serotonin a shot?

Thanks.

redsun

I believe I'm getting a decent amount of Tryptophan in my diet and want to try some ways to lower Serotonin.

I was reading through a few of the threads and it seems the BCAAs + Phenylalanine + Tyrosine Combo is a popular method, but then I found this thread saying Valine (which is 1 of the 3 AAs in BCAAs could be bad). BCAA Not Safe, Valine Can Promote Endotoxin Is this true?

Also are Phenylalanine & Tyrosine largely interchangeable? Many threads make it seems this way. Or is there a difference and certain people should favor one over the other?

If trying all three (BCAAs, Phenylalanine and Tyrosine) what would a good ratio and dose be to try?

And how does this method compare to just taking Cyproheptadine? It it worth the extra trouble?

Lastly, is there any other supplement(s) to try? Or are these the main two things if you really want to give lowering Serotonin a shot?

Thanks.

If you are vulnerable to getting moles on the skin I wouldnt touch tyrosine.

redsun

I don't think I am, but thats good to know.

Question is do you have moles? If yes then that means you can probably get more. I dont know how likely it is if you combine tyrosine with other amino acids but I used tyrosine only so that was likely much worse but not 100% sure.

cyclops

Question is do you have moles? If yes then that means you can probably get more. I dont know how likely it is if you combine tyrosine with other amino acids but I used tyrosine only so that was likely much worse but not 100% sure.

I have a few, so yeah I can probably get more. Interesting Tyrosine can do that - thanks for this info. Something I'll definitely keep in mind when weighing the pros and cons of everything. Have you tried Phenylalanine or any other ways to lower Serotonin?

Tryptophan avoidance,dairy has a very high amount,way more than meat or egggs.

Anders86

I like the combo.

2g BCAA, 1g Phenylalanine, 1g Tyrosine, 2g Taurine, 0.5g Lysine, 0.5g Threonine and I like 2g of Trimethylglycine because of MTHFR.

I might up it to 3-1.5-1.5-2-1-1-2.

Mix it with juice, sugar, salt, caffeine and B vitamins. And a glass of milk beside.

Then trough the day eat gelatin candy with milk or cheese, or collagen in latte etc.

Diamant, Cyproheptadine, Lisuride and Meterogoline all have their benefits.

Last edited:

cyclops

I like the combo.

2g BCAA, 1g Phenylalanine, 1g Tyrosine, 2g Taurine, 0.5g Lysine, 0.5g Threonine and I like 2g of Trimethylglycine because of MTHFR.

I might up it to 3-1.5-1.5-2-1-1-2.

Mix it with juice, sugar, salt, caffeine and B vitamins. And a glass of milk beside.

Then trough the day eat gelatin candy with milk or cheese, or collagen in latte etc.

Diamant, Cyproheptadine, Lisuride and Meterogoline all have their benefits.

Great stuff, thanks! Definitely will try some of this out. Never heard of Threonine and Trimethylglycine...will have to look into that.

Hans

Here is an article on lowering serotonin: 60 Best ways to lower Serotonin
But in general, eat low gut-irritating foods to lower gut serotonin production, lower excess estrogen, increase thyroid, avoid super high tryptophan foods, keep cortisol in check, lower inflammation, sleep enough, get sunlight, relax, etc.

Mauritio

I think might be a good option ,as it eliminates the source of serotonin ...