Antihistamines (diphenhydramine) Seem Inefficient For Decreasing Gut Serotonin

Felt a little on edge earlier so thought 25mg of some Benodryl would help. Within a few hours I'm super dizzy and struggling to stay awake! Made zero difference it seems in affecting serotonin and just made me feel like a suppressed, walking zombie in sorts. I literally had to force myself to not pass out/fall asleep.

If this even made a slight difference with serotonin it seems the tradeoff wouldn't be worth it. Increasing the dose more would've made me feel even more sleepy.

Maybe I just need to get used to it? Seemed pretty strong for just a 25mg dose. I also don't like the feeling it gave since it felt like it was suppressing my ability to take heed or evaluate my sense of well being as I just felt like I was in a doped up/tranquilized state, but definitely didn't feel good.

Is there something more I should have known of? I just felt it wasn't effective since I just was dopey/groggy/half in/out for several hours and didn't feel any better then/now.

Supposedly there is some evidence this can slightly decrease serotonin, but not sure if a dose like this could do anything anyways.

NewACC

Felt a little on edge earlier so thought 25mg of some Benodryl would help. Within a few hours I'm super dizzy and struggling to stay awake! Made zero difference it seems in affecting serotonin and just made me feel like a suppressed, walking zombie in sorts. I literally had to force myself to not pass out/fall asleep.

If this even made a slight difference with serotonin it seems the tradeoff wouldn't be worth it. Increasing the dose more would've made me feel even more sleepy.

Maybe I just need to get used to it? Seemed pretty strong for just a 25mg dose. I also don't like the feeling it gave since it felt like it was suppressing my ability to take heed or evaluate my sense of well being as I just felt like I was in a doped up/tranquilized state, but definitely didn't feel good.

Is there something more I should have known of? I just felt it wasn't effective since I just was dopey/groggy/half in/out for several hours and didn't feel any better then/now.

Supposedly there is some evidence this can slightly decrease serotonin, but not sure if a dose like this could do anything anyways.
It block serotonin receptors effectively only from 50mg, and in higher doses like not more than 125mg it highly potentially block histamine and dopamine transporters and causes much lower sedative effect