Thyroid Supplement

nwo2012

j. said:
for what is worth, i believe the tests mean something. i have 6 months of peating. i just had a thyroid test where my TSH was like 1.7, which is the lowest it's been in 5 years or so (i didn't do tests before). 3 months ago, it was 3.3. so my feelings of improvement where matched by an improvement in test numbers. by the way, i'm in my late 20s and don't take thyroid, i'm trying to see how far the diet can take me.

Yes yes, they do mean something. Just can not be relied upon for a full picture in the face of symptoms. Thats my point. Yes a TSH on a downwards trend, especially if this is consistent for a series of bloods (probably 3+) is a good sign, nobody will deny that (Peat included).

Thats the whole point Im making. Trialrun should now consider his symptoms and perhaps try the reflex tests etc. But the blood tests do NOT confirm his thyroid is functioning well.

There is no adrenal fatigue. Another unproven medical theory and helps to sell prednisolone and other synthetic corticosteroids.

Nick810

Just received my Nutripak.

Looks/tastes identical to the American Biologics one on Amazon which IMO is yucka. Have been using Nature-throid recently so will give this a try.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Just received my Nutripak.

Looks/tastes identical to the American Biologics one on Amazon which IMO is yucka. Have been using Nature-throid recently so will give this a try.

Nutripak is certainly no Nature-Throid. Just has very safe excipients. Good to know the Biologics is same. Im probably going to stick to 3 months on synthetics followed by 3 months on Nature-Throid and repeat this cycle over and over until one day I hope when PUFAs are gone they will either not be needed or in much smaller dosages.

Nick810

Weird... I always get a bit of nausea when I take American Biologics and now Nutripak... (which IMO could be an identical product)

G

gummybear

Nickje said:
Weird... I always get a bit of nausea when I take American Biologics and now Nutripak... (which IMO could be an identical product)

What products have you tried and what would you recommend?

Nick810

Tried Naturethroid - probably my most highly recommended, although for some reason my eyebrow shedding accelerated since I started it. But in general, boosts temps lots, increased metabolism etc.

American Biologics, Nutripak (same thing IMO) - not as powerful as the above, probably better ingredients, and caused a bit of nausea, going to try with food. It's real dessicated thyroid from NZ apparently.

Cytomel, Cytoplus - stopped a while back, was great in short term, long term caused insta pinch in the scalp and subsequent hair loss, so backed off on this. Synthetic too - always prefer the natural stuff.

G

gummybear

Nickje said:
Tried Naturethroid - probably my most highly recommended, although for some reason my eyebrow shedding accelerated since I started it. But in general, boosts temps lots, increased metabolism etc.

American Biologics, Nutripak (same thing IMO) - not as powerful as the above, probably better ingredients, and caused a bit of nausea, going to try with food. It's real dessicated thyroid from NZ apparently.

Cytomel, Cytoplus - stopped a while back, was great in short term, long term caused insta pinch in the scalp and subsequent hair loss, so backed off on this. Synthetic too - always prefer the natural stuff.

Gets me angry that there isn't a clean dessicated thyroid on the market. It's like the market is rigged.

I've ordered the Thiroyd from greater pharma, will see how that is. This shouldn't be as complicated as it is if there was a free market.

nwo2012

gummybear said:
Nickje said:

Gets me angry that there isn't a clean dessicated thyroid on the market. It's like the market is rigged.

I've ordered the Thiroyd from greater pharma, will see how that is. This shouldn't be as complicated as it is if there was a free market.

Yes, its ridiculous! Erfa seems to be the cleanest but then we need a 'doctor of madness' (MD )prescription for that.
My next trials will be of Thiroyd and Acella's NP Thyroid (cleanish ingredients possibly second to Erfa). Orders placed already, each time I cross my fingers for Oz customs not to open them.

norxgirl

Just rcv'd Cynomel 30 minutes ago. Have taken 1/2 tab in divided doses and can feel the anxiety draining out of me. Did not sleep last night.

Are there any other sources for Cynomel/Cynoplus besides across the border?

Also, can NatureThroid be ordered without a prescription? I have been on suboptimal doses of that since May of this year, and just got fired by my crappy, crazy MD because I asked for some Cytomel/T3 and Progesterone Troches 100mg, and for him to treat my symptoms instead of my labs. An increase in NDT was out of the question. He really is a piece of work. Wish I could put him out of business for being so rude and arrogant, or just make him rethink his bad attitude/hostile persona.

Thanks,

Beverly

Nick810

Naturethroid you can buy from Canadian pharmacies.

I'm giving up on American Biologics/Nutripak. They juts give me insta nausea.... so even if they worked (which IMO they aren't that good) there is no real benefit there if it's making me feel sick every time I take it. I'll give thiroyd a shot when it arrives, then I think Naturethroid is about the only choice that is known to work (although causes me to lose eyebrows and hairs faster :()

G

gummybear

norxgirl said:
Just rcv'd Cynomel 30 minutes ago. Have taken 1/2 tab in divided doses and can feel the anxiety draining out of me. Did not sleep last night.

Also, can NatureThroid be ordered without a prescription? I have been on suboptimal doses of that since May of this year, and just got fired by my crappy, crazy MD because I asked for some Cytomel/T3 and Progesterone Troches 100mg, and for him to treat my symptoms instead of my labs. An increase in NDT was out of the question. He really is a piece of work. Wish I could put him out of business for being so rude and arrogant, or just make him rethink his bad attitude/hostile persona.

Thanks,

Beverly

I'm sorry to hear about the doctor. I've had the same treatment. They can be the most rude, disrespectful people sometimes. Sometimes I might think that they enjoy breaking people. I don't know. I called my doctor last week and asked him about doing a TSH and he just laughed at me, if I would have been a female and over 50 he would have might considered it.

Pregnenolone can also help you with anxiety, has helped me some.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Naturethroid you can buy from Canadian pharmacies.

I'm giving up on American Biologics/Nutripak. They juts give me insta nausea.... so even if they worked (which IMO they aren't that good) there is no real benefit there if it's making me feel sick every time I take it. I'll give thiroyd a shot when it arrives, then I think Naturethroid is about the only choice that is known to work (although causes me to lose eyebrows and hairs faster :()

Did you try Acella NP Thyroid? The ingredients (extras) are only 2nd best to Erfa in terms of safety. Im hopeful for it to be good quality. read good things about it and it can be used sublingually too.

norxgirl

Hi Gummybear,

Do you use any particular brand pregnenolone? What amounts and times? I guess I have not researched this supplement enough yet, although I did just purchase some, since Ray Peat wrote in one of his articles that it is a precursor to progesterone. Thank you.

gummybear said:
norxgirl said:

Thanks,

Beverly

I'm sorry to hear about the doctor. I've had the same treatment. They can be the most rude, disrespectful people sometimes. Sometimes I might think that they enjoy breaking people. I don't know. I called my doctor last week and asked him about doing a TSH and he just laughed at me, if I would have been a female and over 50 he would have might considered it.

G

gummybear

LifeExtension 100mg I take one a day. I would buy the beyond a century if I could (not living in USA) because it seems the best. Check if you get salt, aspirin and all of that stuff in your diet also.

norxgirl said:
Hi Gummybear,

Do you use any particular brand pregnenolone? What amounts and times? I guess I have not researched this supplement enough yet, although I did just purchase some, since Ray Peat wrote in one of his articles that it is a precursor to progesterone. Thank you.

gummybear said:
norxgirl said:

Thanks,

Beverly

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Got my Acella today... and yet another trial begins.

Cool. Go sublingual and let me know right away how it goes!!!!!!! Im still waiting, always takes 2 weeks for IPS to Oz.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals