Thyroid Supplement

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am getting antsy and seeing what benefits other people are getting from taking thyroid. I think thats the next supplement i am going to start. whats the best one to get? How much to take and when? I see some people taking T3 and T4 with it. Do I have to go down that route or will thyroid simply be enough? What do I look out for when taking thyroid? If I start taking it, will my body stop making its own and if so, will it make its own again when I stop?

I just want to feel normal again!!!!

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Re: thyroid

Btw, my temps have been really good. Only go down during the "crashes". My pulse has been pretty good. Just dealing with the exhaustion, mind fog, digestion slow down issues, zero libido :( and hair falling out.

narouz

Charlie,
Didn't see your post before I posted about my thyroid supplement experience under "Testimonials."
I'm different from you in that I'm diagnosed as hypothyroid and have been on "medication" (supplemental porcine thyroid--Armour) for a few years.
Check out my testimonial, but, in short, of late I've had a similar upward shift in my temps,
and maybe a need to reduce supplement dosage.
-narouz

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yeh my temps are up right now, so thinking maybe I should hold off the thyroid. Just have energy problems now, zero libido, hair still falling out a bit but not as much, ugggggh. will this ever end? :lol:

Nick810

Exact same symptoms Charlie :(

Hair loss part is the most brutal. And chronic stuffy nose.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nickje, welcome to the forum.

I really feel that if we stick to our guns and do everything Peat, there will be a breakthrough. I am holding firm and holding onto hope.

It seems that I often have stuffy nose, now that I think of it. And it always seem to be yellow indicating infection. I just figured it was from my allergies.

One symptom I failed to mention, and I will also update in the testimonials section is my voice, it comes and goes. When I get into the crashes, I can barely talk. And when I do talk, it takes a huge effort. My voice will crackle and pop, and sometimes I can barely get it going. So alot of the time, I just dont talk. It has severely effected my social life, I dont have a social life right now because I fear having to talk and looking pretty stupid at it. This is all very depressing but I push on. :(

Nick810

FWIW I started on Cytomel and as of yet no difference in Hair loss. But definitely increases in temps, fat loss etc.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
How long did it take to see the differences from the Cytomel?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Nice, looking forward to it then. :)

stevensmith

Cynomel is good, but not always necessary. Charlie, Broda Barnes was able to achieve all of his fantastic results, with success with thousands of patients and the best cancer and heart disease prevention ever recorded in medicine by using dessicated thyroid. And its much cheaper too. Try that first. If you like, you could also try chewing a cynomel tablet throughout the day, but it isn't always necessary. I would focus more on diet and habitual changes than thyroid supplements. Try to bring your temps and pulse to optimal (about 85-100), and then go to bed on time. That should do wonders for you. Since your nerves will be able to relax from the properly functioning thyroid, you will be able to get restorative sleep. That should probably be the first step in any therapy or recovery. Also, focus on eliminating allergenic foods in the diet. This could even mean added vitamins in milk. I hate saying this, because many people don't have access to these foods, but I have access to organic fresh squeezed OJ, and raw milk, which helped a great deal. Not because the milk is raw, but because there are no emulsifying agents added, and no added vitamins, which can potentially be allergenic. If your allergies are really bad, there's nothing wrong with taking an antihistamine. When I need it, it has become my best friend. Try a generic brand of claratin (loratadine) which I think is the best. There are other benefits of claratin, like reversal of the "serotonin syndrome," etc... Hang in there man, you will improve. Everything worth while in life takes time and patience.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Steven, thanks for chiming in again.

Raw milk is available in my area, so I definitely take advantage of that. However, I cant drink too much because it looks like milk is throwing me into an inflammatory state. So I skim the milk of the cream, then boil the leftover milk and it seems to be doing a little better for the inflammation. I am hoping the thyroid supplement will help with the inflammation. I am also working my way up with aspirin, seeing if that will help.

For my oranges I have to get them from walmart, its the best I can do right now. When I dont have the time to squeeze the oranges, I use "Simply Orange" orange juice. I know its not the best but its what I got for now.

Should be getting my dissected thyroid any day now. Hopefully today! lol It seems from the research I have been doing, and from hearing from people like you, that thyroid supplement is going to speed things along nicely. Kinda wish I would have started it earlier, but I wanted to get my diet nailed down first.

Meighen

I take four Thyroxal (contains bovine glandular) a day, recommended by a naturopath. Here's a description, and this is the company I buy from: http://www.ovitaminpro.com/thyroxal.html . I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's about ten years ago, but I've known that I was hypothyroid for at least twenty years before that. I tried the usual thyroid prescription medication, plus Armour, plus the organic version of it. I never felt any better on any of them. At least the Thyroxal isn't a drug.

My last blood test showed my TSH as 1.69, and I'm trying to stick to pro-thyroid eating.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Meighen, welcome to the forum it's great to have you here. :wave:

It's really great that Thyroxal is working out for you. Hoping that I can find something that works for me.

What I have noticed is that I am getting the best improvements from food alone. When I start introducing supplements like Vitamin A, Vitamin E, things start going backwards for me. Aspirin made me feel really weird although good at times but it's best that I stop because something just doesn't feel right. Maybe I added too much at one time, I dunno. So I am resetting and going back to square one, diet.

Thyroid supplement seems to me the best thing to get things going. Along with supporting the higher need for nutrition which it looks like to me it's attainable through diet.

nwo2012

stevensmith said:
Cynomel is good, but not always necessary. Charlie, Broda Barnes was able to achieve all of his fantastic results, with success with thousands of patients and the best cancer and heart disease prevention ever recorded in medicine by using dessicated thyroid. And its much cheaper too. Try that first. If you like, you could also try chewing a cynomel tablet throughout the day, but it isn't always necessary. I would focus more on diet and habitual changes than thyroid supplements. Try to bring your temps and pulse to optimal (about 85-100), and then go to bed on time. That should do wonders for you. Since your nerves will be able to relax from the properly functioning thyroid, you will be able to get restorative sleep. That should probably be the first step in any therapy or recovery. Also, focus on eliminating allergenic foods in the diet. This could even mean added vitamins in milk. I hate saying this, because many people don't have access to these foods, but I have access to organic fresh squeezed OJ, and raw milk, which helped a great deal. Not because the milk is raw, but because there are no emulsifying agents added, and no added vitamins, which can potentially be allergenic. If your allergies are really bad, there's nothing wrong with taking an antihistamine. When I need it, it has become my best friend. Try a generic brand of claratin (loratadine) which I think is the best. There are other benefits of claratin, like reversal of the "serotonin syndrome," etc... Hang in there man, you will improve. Everything worth while in life takes time and patience.

Totally agree although Peat prefers Cynomel/Cynoplus as many have reported poor results from various natural glandulars due to no standardisation and the change in formula of Armour. (binders iirc). I started a combination of Cynomel/Cynoplus 3 weeks ago, slowly increasing doses. Temps/pulses improving but a bit to go as of now.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

nwo2012

Charlie said:
Ark, this is the one Steven suggested to me and he said its the best one.

Pure Grade, Thyroid-S, 120 Pack, 1 Grain, by Sriprasit Pharma Co., Ltd

I am on it now and have been maybe around 3 weeks. It is raising my basal temp, so its working.

Hopefully he will chime in later.

I don't know but there are excipients in thyroid-s I would be wary of.
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/ar ... er-brands/

This, I think, is why RP prefers cynomel/cynoplus, more natural than natural thyroid. :p

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I think I am going to try the cynomel next time I buy. :2cents

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals