Advise A Quality Thyroid Supplement In Italy (Europe)

Ihor

Can anyone advise a quality dried thyroid NDT or other T3+T4 product primarily in Italy or secondarily in other European countries? I tried to use Thyroid-S NDT from a Thailand manufacturer, but I didn’t feel any effect from it even experimenting with dosages, I don't exclude other reasons why a thyroid supplement may not work for me, but I'm not sure about the quality of this product. Maybe someone knows a proven thyroid products?

Last edited:

Wilfrid

Hi, you can try to order NDT from " Farmacia Legnani " : Farmacia Legnani - Milano
I ordered from them in the past without any problems and without any prescriptions. You can reach them through their online contact form or you can directly phone them. You can ask for any mg concentration of NDT you want. They are using porcine thyroid USP and Avicel ( microcrystalline cellulose ) as a filler. Beware that concentration of T4 and T3 changes from batch to batch. And it seems that they are renewing their batches every 6 months ( from January to June and from July to December ).
Metavive line of porcine thyroid glandulars from procept nutrition in UK are also very good. Though you will not exactly know the exact T4 and T3 content. Biotics research GTA lines seem good too ( but they are L-thyroxine free ). You can also order NDT like ERFA etc.. from Human Hardware | Human Hardware without any prescription. You can reach them by phone and ask for " George " for more informations about shipping and payment.
Hope that help.

Last edited:

Wilfrid

For synthetic ones, Liotir gocce ( T3 drops ) and Tirosint ( T4 ) are very good products. The manufacturer ( IBSA ) is probably one of the most reliable lab in the world when it comes to synthetic thyroid's products reliability and efficacity. Plus they are avoiding the use of unnecessary excipients in their manufacturing process.

Wilfrid

Oh, I forgot to mention the line of synthetic thyroid products from Unipharma ( a Greece based pharmaceutical lab and the main manufacturer of thyroid drugs in this country ) : Dithyron Liothyronine T3 12.5mcg + Levothyroxine T4 50mcg – Buy T3 Liothyronine sodium
I can't vouch for those products but reviews on Google are overall good and mostly come from the bodybuilding world. Plus, thyroid drugs are sold OTC in Greece, so no prescription required.

OP
Ihor

Ihor

@Wilfrid Thanks. I reviewed products at these links:
1. NDT from Farmacia Legnani - it seems good option, but in the list of products on their website I can't find it.
2. Metavive line of thyroid - yes, really no T4 and T3 content, just dried glands , besides delivery from England.
3. Biotics research GTA line - also no T4 and T3 content, just dried glands, not available directly to Italy.
4. Human Hardware NDT ERFA - looks good, but delivery is also from England and the price is quite high - £ 90.00.
5. Liotir gocce (T3 drops) - probably the most optimal for me, albeit synthetic, but the dosage is indicated, moreover, it is in Naples, where I can directly buy it at the pharmacy. What is probable is that it seems to be available only by prescription.
Option 1 and 5 are the most optimal, they can be found in Naples, but 1 - it seems out of stock or i can't find it and 5 - it seems only through the recipe.

Wilfrid

@Ihor,
You will not find any ordering options on the website of farmacia legnani. It's because, in Italy as well as in other country, you normally need a prescription for it. Try to contact them by phone or email.
As for the GTA products, I'm pretty sure that it does contain some hormones ( T3, T2, T1 ), Though they can't legally sell an OTC glandular with thyroxine in it.
You can order GTA here: HOMEPAGE - OMNICARE EXPRESS SARL.

Last edited:
OP
Ihor

Ihor

@Wilfrid The good news is about Liotir gocce (T3 drops), I contacted them and they said that it can be sold without a prescription, with a prescription from doctor, they give it for free by appointment or it is simply covered by insurance. If, in your words, IBSA is probably one of the most reliable lab in the world that produce synthetic thyroid hormones, then it will be interesting to test them.
Is it exactly this Liotir gocce (T3 drops) thyroid?

Makes me want to move to Europe.

Bad Linhat

Makes me want to move to Europe.
I'm italian and i work in Milan.
Here is very difficult to have thyroid, progesterone and dhea: only on medial prescription.
Also pregnenolone is hard to find.
Trust me: maybe you want to move to UK or France, but not in Italy !

Wilfrid

I'm italian and i work in Milan.
Here is very difficult to have thyroid, progesterone and dhea: only on medial prescription.
Also pregnenolone is hard to find.
Trust me: maybe you want to move to UK or France, but not in Italy !
Very surprising, though I'm living in France, I never had any problems to get any synthetic thyroid from usual pharmacy neither NDT from farmacia legnani ( the price of the compounding and the shipping fees are high though ).
Most of my stack comes from Italy ( thyroid, injectable vitamin D ( Dibase ), Tyndallized probiotics ( Fermentix ), bacillus subtilis probiotic ( Enterogermina ), ect....). As for the pregnenolone ( as well as DHEA ), a very good quality one is made from a swiss based company : SOLBIA. I think that they can ship to Italy without any pb: Pregnenolone, migliora la concentrazione e la memoria
If you still have problem finding a reliable over the counter NDT that contains both T4 and T3, you can order thyroid ( bovine ) from Allergy Research Group at https://www.vitalabo.fr/allergy-research-group/thyroid. Bovine thyroid hormones'content often vary more than porcine thyroid ones from batch to batch ( since hormones in this product are not standardized like the ones you get through prescription like Armour, ERFA, etc... ) though. But you can get an idea of those from the quality control test results here: Thyroid Natural Glandular 100 Capsules

Last edited:

milkboi

Very surprising, though I'm living in France, I never had any problems to get any synthetic thyroid from usual pharmacy neither NDT from farmacia legnani ( the price of the compounding and the shipping fees are high though ).
Most of my stack comes from Italy ( thyroid, injectable vitamin D ( Dibase ), Tyndallized probiotics ( Fermentix ), bacillus subtilis probiotic ( Enterogermina ), ect....). As for the pregnenolone ( as well as DHEA ), a very good quality one is made from a swiss based company : SOLBIA. I think that they can ship to Italy without any pb: Pregnenolone, migliora la concentrazione e la memoria
If you still have problem finding a reliable over the counter NDT that contains both T4 and T3, you can order thyroid ( bovine ) from Allergy Research Group at https://www.vitalabo.fr/allergy-research-group/thyroid. Bovine thyroid hormones'content often vary more than porcine thyroid ones from batch to batch though.

Do you happen to know a good thyroid product (preferably T3) that is shipped to Germany? Thank you!

Edit: Checking out the vitabo website right now, it seems like shipment to Germany is possible. Does this product work for you personally?

Wilfrid

Do you happen to know a good thyroid product (preferably T3) that is shipped to Germany? Thank you!

Edit: Checking out the vitabo website right now, it seems like shipment to Germany is possible. Does this product work for you personally?
I am currently using it. It's too early to tell since I received my order last Tuesday. And started using it only two days ago. I avoid high dose T4 and T3 like the plague and aim to a T4:T3 ratio of ~ 17:1. I'm using only 1 caps divided in three doses along with a little added T4. So, if you are looking for a more pronounced effect you may want to look for a T3 product like Thybon ( from Henning ), T3 from UniPharma or even Liotir drops.

Last edited:

Bad Linhat

Very surprising, though I'm living in France, I never had any problems to get any synthetic thyroid neither NDT from farmacia legnani ( the price of the compounding and the shipping fees are high though ).
Most of my stack comes from Italy ( thyroid, injectable vitamin D ( Dibase ), Tyndallized probiotics ( Fermentix ), bacillus subtilis probiotic ( Enterogermina ), ect....). As for the pregnenolone ( as well as DHEA ), a very good quality one is made from a swiss based company : SOLBIA. I think that they can ship to Italy without any pb.
If you still have problem finding a reliable over the counter NDT that contains both T4 and T3, you can order thyroid ( bovine ) from Allergy Research Group at https://www.vitalabo.fr/allergy-research-group/thyroid. Bovine thyroid hormones'content often vary more than porcine thyroid ones

I am currently using it. It's too early to tell since I received my order last Tuesday. And started using it only two days ago. I avoid high dose T4 and T3 like the plague and aim to a T4:T3 ratio of ~ 17:1. So, if you are looking for a more pronounced effect you may want to look for a T3 product like Thybon ( from Henning ), T3 from UniPharma or even Liotir drops.

I don't use thyroid until now.
Yes Solbia is very good, but from Swiss to Italy there's custom. In the past when i bought item forbidden in Italy (without medical prescription) they ended up blocked at the custom (for example happened with DHEA).
The only solutions for me is to buy DHEA from EU community, now i buy here:

Bio-Tech DHEA, 5 mg, 100 Kapseln

For Pregnenolone isn't a problem. I never tried to buy progesterone.
I don't know farmacia Legnani, I will try to contact in the future.

Wilfrid

Allergy Research Thyroid is also another one wich i think is good.
Yes, I think so too.
It's one of the very very few NDT sold OTC that still contains active hormones in it. I don't think that it contains more than ~ 1 - 1,5 mcg T3 and ~ 4 - 5 mcg T4 in one caps.
This brand ( like the Metavive one ) is also recommended by Benedicte Mai Lerche, the only practitioner endorsed by Ray himself on his website.

Last edited:
OP
Ihor

Ihor

Allergy Research Thyroid is also another one wich i think is good.
Unfortunately, although the product is most likely of high quality, there is also no dosage. After Thyroid-S NDT from a Thailand, although there was a dosage, I want to try only T3 and a little iodine + selenium to increase my own production of T4, since the delivery of Cynomel to Europe will most likely be problematic, now I stopped at Liotir from IBSA and I'll see what it will do for me. If Allergy Research, in your words, is good and that they provided additional research for their NDT, then this will probably be the next thing I will look at after Liotir.

Wilfrid

Unfortunately, although the product is most likely of high quality, there is also no dosage. After Thyroid-S NDT from a Thailand, although there was a dosage, I want to try only T3 and a little iodine + selenium to increase my own production of T4, since the delivery of Cynomel to Europe will most likely be problematic, now I stopped at Liotir from IBSA and I'll see what it will do for me. If Allergy Research, in your words, is good and that they provided additional research for their NDT, then this will probably be the next thing I will look at after Liotir.
You can get an idea of the T3 and T4 content if you check the quality control test result here:
Thyroid Natural Glandular 100 Capsules
So around 1,04 mcg of T3 and 4,6 mcg of T4 per caps.
Though it can vary slightly from batch to batch.

Last edited:

Elize

Tirosint-Sol contains glycerol which is a Histamine liberator and I got very bad reactions and just had to switch back to Synthroid.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals