Nutripak Thyroid NDT Dosing

jaywills

Is anybody aware of the dosing of 1 tablet of nutripak Thyroid NDT?

I.e how much T4, T3, T2 and T1 is present in each tab?

I'm English so I don't quite understand grains. I'm used to the NHS "mcg" ranges e.g. 60mcg of T4 etc..

mas

One pill Nutripak=Two grains =130 mg and contains 

T4 = 76 mcg
T3 18 mcg

plus unmeasured amounts of T2, T1 and calcitonin.

Some say that the batches of NDT might vary because they are not measured tightly like pharma drugs.

I have to reorder soon and found that it is cheaper to order direct to the company rather than through a health/vitamin store source. It appears that the store is closed right now so we will see if they reopen.

nutripakonline.com/Glandulars/

OP
J

jaywills

Thanks mas. Out of interest, where did you find that information? I bought from an individual health retailer but they had no reference to the dosing.

Are you also aware of how much nutripak T4/T3 is advised? Can I ask your dosing levels? I usually take one a day but there have been times I feel I have needed more and have taken 2 tabs. Is NDT Dosing similar to regular thyroid dosing or due to the batch differences does it depend?

mas

Hi Jay,

On Stop the Thyroid Madness there is info regarding all different types of thyroid and they break down the components of prescription and over the counter thyroid supplements.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com

I started off real slowly at first from 1/4 pill, and over several months worked up to 3 grains (one and 1/2 pill). This is what I need in the winter and I think I could even go up to 4 grains (2 pills) next winter. In the summertime now I can go down to 1/2 daily because I generally feel better in summer.

Everyone is different, so I suggest increasing 1/2 tablet for at least two weeks until you up the dose 1/2 tablet if you need it. Take your temperature and pulse and see how you feel in general. When you feel well you can just stay at that dosage that works for you.

Here are the guidelines to help you:

https://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites ... dHowTo.pdf

OP
J

jaywills

I think that is a really wise and sensible way to supplement and one that I am personally guilty of not following; i.e slow changes to dosing. I tend to either take one or two tabs without gradually increasing/decreasing and this is something I know i need to address.

In terms of dosage and temps/warmth. I find that on 1 tab in the morning my temperature has not quite risen to 36.5 degrees C. I hover around 35.8 in the evening. I do walk around 10 miles a day (very gentle pace), and my calories are in the range of 2800, they are probably on the lower side for metabolism up regulation. I consume plenty of sugars/fats and find that I can keep eating fruit without satiety. I also find with the water content of fruit my temp decreases instead of increases. Coconut oil/meat is the only food that truly improves my temp. Another thing is that my pulse has never seemed to increase in relation to NDT.

The strange thing is my energy levels seem fine, and I do not feel overly fatigued. However, this may be a stress hormone state as my sleep is poor, libido and digestion is low.

In ramification of the above would you advise upping the dose? Or alternatively, upping sugars/fats/ dropping the walking? Personally, walking makes me feel energized so I do not think this is related.

tara

The last month I've switched out my morning chicken neck broth (~1 neck's worth?) for 1/4 of a tablet - 1/2 grain? Still having chicken neck broth in the evening. I think the 1/4 tablet NDT is stronger than my current dose of NWT. I think it's helpful for energy. Considering increasing soon.