Thyroid Supplement

chris

I have been looking for a quote I remember seeing in the past but can't for the life of me find it. It was about what to do if you take too much thyroid, I think it might have been written about Lita Lee. Off the top of my head I think it involved oj and salt, anybody know the quote? Thanks.

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Here ya go. :)

Lia Lee said:
If you experience a racing pulse (and your temps are low), it’s due to excess adrenaline, NOT hyperthyroid function. If this happens, drink a glass of fruit juice (orange juice is the best but any good juice will work) to which you add ¼ tsp of organic (non-iodized) sea salt, or better just take some magnesium and/or sea salt (Celtic Salt best). In 30 minutes, your pulse will normalize as your blood sugar rises and your adrenalin decreases. If you hate fruit juices, eat a salty snack. The point is, eating food raises blood sugar and lowers adrenalin. Below I have summarized ways of keeping blood sugar levels up.

http://www.longnaturalhealth.com/sites/ ... dHowTo.pdf

chris

Spot on, thank you Charlie.

Starting cytomel tomorrow, will report back.

chris

I took maybe 3-4mg of cytomel this morning with a half quart of oj, cheese and salt. Not sure if its unrelated but had a slight headache today, other than that I have not noticed anything different. Does anyone have any suggestions, any way to avoid headaches? Thanks.

narouz

chris said:
I took maybe 3-4mg of cytomel this morning with a half quart of oj, cheese and salt. Not sure if its unrelated but had a slight headache today, other than that I have not noticed anything different. Does anyone have any suggestions, any way to avoid headaches? Thanks.

MG (milligram)
or
MCG (microgram)

Depending...I can speculate about your headache. :D

chris

narouz said:
chris said:

MG (milligram)
or
MCG (microgram)

Depending...I can speculate about your headache. :D

Haha my mistake, 3-4 MCG :D

The headache wasn't bad, just a little uncomfortable really.

mmartian

Anyone have any tips on controlling irritability when supplementing thyroid? I've been on cynoplus/cynomel for a few weeks and seeing great results with respect to temps and pulse. It seems to be making my temper flare up, however. This usually happens later in the the day, even after having sufficient sugar and salt.

Nick810

Temper suggests bad mood? Thyroid usually improves mood.

For Acella Thyroid, what's in it? The sugary taste is so strong, and I find I get gas shortly after taking it. Interesting.

Kris

I am getting Thyroid-S from Thailand. Has anyone experience with this one? Is there are any danger with taking thyroid, like getting addicted chemically?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No you will not become addicted. What is important is starting off slowly, and gradually raise it so your body can become accustomed to the increase in hormones. Below is a link with a lot of great information about supplementing:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=442

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Temper suggests bad mood? Thyroid usually improves mood.

For Acella Thyroid, what's in it? The sugary taste is so strong, and I find I get gas shortly after taking it. Interesting.

The inactive ingredients are calcium stearate, dextrose monohydrate, maltodextrin, and mineral oil.

Probably the glucose. I dont like mineral oil but these are 2nd best ingredients to Erfa so.......

Hows your Acella experiment going?

Nick810

It seems really good / quality, just bad eyebrow itch/fall, but that's just a symptom of my overall hair loss problem anyway.

nwo2012

Nick810 said:
It seems really good / quality, just bad eyebrow itch/fall, but that's just a symptom of my overall hair loss problem anyway.

Im still waiting for mine to arrive. Hope these ****ers at Oz customs havent seized it. Wouldnt surpirse me.

Kris

Thank you, Charlie. I just got the Thyroid-s and am not sure how much of it to take? 1 pill is 60 mg. I have taken 1 pill and then after 2 h second pill. So far I don;t feel any different and temperature is not changed.

Kris

Yes, I chewed it well, until it melted in the mouth. When a change should be felt with this supplementation?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I would not take 2 pills to start out with, thats more then likely too much. Maybe even 1 pill is too much. If it were me, I would start with 1/2 a pill, taking 1/4 pill after breakfast, and 1/4 pill after lunch. Do that for a couple weeks, and if you are not having any stress hormone symptoms, racing heart, anxiety, just an all around not good feeling, then go up to 1 pill for a couple weeks.

You might notice some difference now, like a little more energy from the T3. But it does take time for the T4 to build in your system.

You also should be tracking your heart rate and pulse so you can tell how to adjust your dose.

Kris

Thank you for the advice. Can you tell me what are the dangers of taking too big of a doze of thyroid? It is what you have mentioned, racing heart and stuff? So far I feel pretty normal, so there is no dramatic response. What I am concerned about is what if my thyroid is ok and still I am supplementing? Does it present any dangers, like messing up the hormone functions?

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Kris said:
Thank you for the advice. Can you tell me what are the dangers of taking too big of a doze of thyroid? It is what you have mentioned, racing heart and stuff? So far I feel pretty normal, so there is no dramatic response. What I am concerned about is what if my thyroid is ok and still I am supplementing? Does it present any dangers, like messing up the hormone functions?

Your heart will speed up and pound really hard, anxiety, its a really an uncomfortable feeling. It will take a while for the T4 to build up, so if you overshoot it with big doses in the beginning it could really make for a mess when you finally realize you have taken too much. Trust me, I know. :mrgreen:

Check your pulse and temps to get a gauge on how your thyriod is. How do you feel? How is your sex drive? How is your digestion?

There is not going to be a dramatic response I do not think. Some people report instant energy, feeling good, etc. But that didnt happen to me. Its more of a slow ramping up for me. Better heart rate, better temps, etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals