Thyroid Supplement

Nick810

Anyone know where to get ERFA with an RX? The fillers on that seems the least brutal of all of the Thyroids.

narouz

Nickje said:
Anyone know where to get ERFA with an RX? The fillers on that seems the least brutal of all of the Thyroids.

Nickje--I used to get it instead of Armour.
I'm thinking of switching back to it.
I used to get it, by prescription, from Canada.
I can't remember the online store's name.
Something like "Canadian Pharmacy" or something like that....

OP
charlie

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
There is plenty of places to get it with an RX. I need to find one where you dont need it.

nwo2012

Charlie said:
There is plenty of places to get it with an RX. I need to find one where you dont need it.

Yes I have the same issue. I did also want to try it out as people liken it to the 'old' armour and the excipients are about the best of any standardised thyroid glandular.
No Dr here will write a script for any thyroid meds for anyone with a TSH under 2, no chance in hell. At least none of the many GPs and other Drs I have spoken to.

BAH HUMBUG!@ :?

Nick810

Got the American Biologics "Thyroid Glandular" today...... says "Raw Thyroid Concentrate" with ingredients dicalcium phosphate, and magnesium stearate. Not too bad with only 2 fillers. Not exactly sure what the Concentrate means though.

nwo2012

Nickje said:
Got the American Biologics "Thyroid Glandular" today...... says "Raw Thyroid Concentrate" with ingredients dicalcium phosphate, and magnesium stearate. Not too bad with only 2 fillers. Not exactly sure what the Concentrate means though.

Good stuff. Well give them a test drive. :cool:

nwo2012

pete said:
Options For Thyroid Treatment
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/options-for-thyroid-treatment/

Armour vs Other Brands
http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/armour-vs-other-brands/

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you aren’t doing well on most anything you try, don’t blame the product! That points to either an adrenal issue and/or low iron/low ferritin. You could also have an underlying illness like chronic EBV, Lyme, or others.

Yes we mostly read that site, hence we know the total crap excipients in the majority of products.

trialrun

Howdy all, hoping others can share their experiences or general recommendations for Cynoplus use.

I've come from 2 years LC-Paleo, and feel better eating Peat for last few months but gaining weight and have apparent hypothyroid symptoms. Basal temps well below average, and heart rate only around 70bpm. Cliff and others suggested it may be time to try some thyroid supps, so I picked up Cynoplus and am trying it out.

1.5 weeks in using 1/6th of a tablet morning and afternoon. (so 20mcg T4/5mcg T3 x2)= 40mcg T4/10mcg T3 per day.

My experience so far has been interesting, but inline with what I've read. From the start, I started feeling more relaxed, less anxiety. (Based on my reading this is likely cortisol and adrenaline getting a break and lowering). That's been about it so far. Temps haven't moved, heart rate staying the same. I would like to see better results, and am thinking of doing half tablet morning and afternoon (that would be the full 120mcg T4 / 30mcg T3 per day).

I read that T4 takes a while to build up in the tissues and start having an effect, and have heard stories of folks overdoing things and getting tachycardia, panic attacks, etc... (I've had hypo related panic attacks before, and want to avoid hyper related panic attacks for sure)! I don't have any labs at this point, so just going by symptoms and temp/bpm measurements.

Any suggestions on ramp up rates, or experiences with Cynoplus?

cliff

I would try 1/4 a pill and see if that makes your temp go up, no need to increase dose so much just yet.

nwo2012

cliff said:
I would try 1/4 a pill and see if that makes your temp go up, no need to increase dose so much just yet.

Just as Cliff suggests. Even making a gain of 1 beat per minute on your average pulse every week is perfectly acceptable. Id jump in at 1/4 twice daily and stay there for a couple of weeks. Then increase in tiny increments every two weeks or so until you reach the desired range. It does take a while for T4 to build-up. It took me about 8 weeks of doing the above to get my pulse above 75 bpm and temp above 98F. It can take time, al depends on how long you were low carbing or consuming healthy PUFAs. :lol:

narouz

That's inspiring, nwo2012.

How long were you consuming those "healthy PUFAs"? :)

nwo2012

narouz said:
That's inspiring, nwo2012.

How long were you consuming those "healthy PUFAs"? :)

Went through phases. First during bodybuilding with Udo's. Then most recently flaxseed oil and hempseed oil. Long enough!

nwo2012

Got my Nature-Throid today. So far Ive used 3 grains (in 3 divided doses). I do feel warmer and the temps are decent (around 98.4) but pulses have not gone above 70 today (except during the concentric training and for 10 minutes after). So my views of it are mixed as I get a little more out of a 1/4 cynoplus + 1/6 cynomel (approx 30mcg/11.5mcg T4/T3) twice daily. But I do like the feeling I have so I give it the thumbs up.

So the cynoplus/cynomel combo are providing roughly 60mcg/23mcg T4/T3 daily and the Nature-Throid claims roughly 114mcg/27mcg T4/T3.

Tomorrow I will try the same daily dosage but dosing just the twice (morning and early evening) and see how it compares. But so far I am liking it and I figure it best for my body to cycle between a synthetic and natural thyroid supplement.

edit: Perhaps this shows I still have a T4 to T3 conversion issue and its the T3 mainly that is benefiting me? I guess the T4 has a long half-life so changes to it would be slow to show a different effect.

Kemby

I would like to clarify about the grains,

Is 1 grain = 1 tablet? (Do you call tablets grains in the USA?)

So 1/4 grain is 1/4 of a tablet. ?

Thanks

narouz

MartinBrown said:

So 1/4 grain is 1/4 of a tablet. ?Thanks

Martin-

Thryroid supplements come in tablets of varying size/strength,
so fractions of those tablets will likewise vary.

One grain of thyroid supplement is usually considered to be 60 mg.
My Armour brand tablet does happen to be 60 mg,
but Armour has (or has had) tablets in different sizes and strength.

So the simplest way to remember is:
1 grain = 60mg.

nwo2012

MartinBrown said:

So 1/4 grain is 1/4 of a tablet. ?

Thanks

These Nature-Throid I have are 2 grain strength. As Narouz said there are different strengths within the same brand. These are said to be 130mg so would be 65mg per grain for this brand. Yes its a US thing, Im not in the US btw.

narouz

nwo2012 said:
Got my Nature-Throid today. So far Ive used 3 grains (in 3 divided doses). I do feel warmer and the temps are decent (around 98.4) but pulses have not gone above 70 today (except during the concentric training and for 10 minutes after). So my views of it are mixed as I get a little more out of a 1/4 cynoplus + 1/6 cynomel (approx 30mcg/11.5mcg T4/T3) twice daily. But I do like the feeling I have so I give it the thumbs up.

So the cynoplus/cynomel combo are providing roughly 60mcg/23mcg T4/T3 daily and the Nature-Throid claims roughly 114mcg/27mcg T4/T3.

Tomorrow I will try the same daily dosage but dosing just the twice (morning and early evening) and see how it compares. But so far I am liking it and I figure it best for my body to cycle between a synthetic and natural thyroid supplement.

edit: Perhaps this shows I still have a T4 to T3 conversion issue and its the T3 mainly that is benefiting me? I guess the T4 has a long half-life so changes to it would be slow to show a different effect.

nwo--

Your thyroid experiments are very interesting to me.
I've been diagnosed as hypothyroid for about 4 or 5 years now,
and taking supplements,
at first synthetic,
and now natural.

I've been so timid with my dosage compared to you.
I think one reason is that all the alternative books I've read on the thyroid
tend to point one toward doing various dietary changes
plus taking a lot of herbs and supplements--
all directed towards lowering thyroid dosage.

It's taken me a while to see that Peat thinks
when thyroid and metabolism are screwed up
(due to PUFA poisoning and whatever)
adequate thyroid supplementation is key.
It's not something to hold back on
(although I would hasten to add that he says it is very important to be careful and deliberate
and to go slowly in finding the best dosage).

So...long story short...instead of looking to lower my thyroid dosage,
I should be more aggressive in (carefully) raising my dosage.

I guess another influence on me not raising the dosage
is that my doctor--
who is a bit outside the box and does prescribe natural thyroid,
which is very unusual in my experience--
has said my level is fine.
He looks at different things--
TSH, RT3, etc,
and my TSH was under 1.0 last check--
but I think I may be placing too much credence
in his views of thyroid
I had figured:
well, my TSH is under 1.0...that's high enough.

Now I'm thinking that a TSH under 1.0 may not tell the whole story.

I was at 2 grains (120mg) of Armour for a long while.
Then my doc had me go up to 2 and 1/2 (150mg).
Now recently, just on my own, I've gone up to 3 grains (180mg).
Too early to evaluate.

So, back to you:
you say you are taking 3 grains also.
Had you been taking any thyroid before?
If so, what dosage?

nwo2012

narouz said:
nwo2012 said:

nwo--

Your thyroid experiments are very interesting to me.
I've been diagnosed as hypothyroid for about 4 or 5 years now,
and taking supplements,
at first synthetic,
and now natural.

I've been so timid with my dosage compared to you.
I think one reason is that all the alternative books I've read on the thyroid
tend to point one toward doing various dietary changes
plus taking a lot of herbs and supplements--
all directed towards lowering thyroid dosage.

It's taken me a while to see that Peat thinks
when thyroid and metabolism are screwed up
(due to PUFA poisoning and whatever)
adequate thyroid supplementation is key.
It's not something to hold back on
(although I would hasten to add that he says it is very important to be careful and deliberate
and to go slowly in finding the best dosage).

So...long story short...instead of looking to lower my thyroid dosage,
I should be more aggressive in (carefully) raising my dosage.

I guess another influence on me not raising the dosage
is that my doctor--
who is a bit outside the box and does prescribe natural thyroid,
which is very unusual in my experience--
has said my level is fine.
He looks at different things--
TSH, RT3, etc,
and my TSH was under 1.0 last check--
but I think I may be placing too much credence
in his views of thyroid
I had figured:
well, my TSH is under 1.0...that's high enough.

Now I'm thinking that a TSH under 1.0 may not tell the whole story.

I was at 2 grains (120mg) of Armour for a long while.
Then my doc had me go up to 2 and 1/2 (150mg).
Now recently, just on my own, I've gone up to 3 grains (180mg).
Too early to evaluate.

So, back to you:
you say you are taking 3 grains also.
Had you been taking any thyroid before?
If so, what dosage?

TSH is a pituitary signal, as Im sure you know, and can not really be relied upon to be indicative of all thyroid issues. Same goes for RT3 and other blood levels of hormones as this just shows a glimpse of what is going on in the blood at the time the sample is taken and not necessarily what is happening within the tissues at any given time or interaction with receptors etc.

How are your symptoms on the 3 grains? How are temps? How are pulses? How is mood? How is temper? How is libido?
How is nasal passages? How is energy? How are the extremities?

All more important than any blood test. Sorry, Im sure you know all this, but better to get it out there first.

I have been using mainly cynoplus and cynomel for a few months now with the odd day here and there of combining smaller amounts of them with the Nutripak glandular. Since the Nutripak is not standardized I guess it cant really be relied on to be a sole source.
SO that accounts for my previous thyroid use. Yes I have done 'courses' of T3 and T3/T4 during my bodybuilding years as well as a couple of DNP cycles. I can tell you that DNP is hands down the most effective and noticeable uncoupler of the mitochondria. I am in the process of obtaining more.
My plan is to keep the 3 grains/day of Nature-Throid going until next week and then increase to 4 grains as so far Im not getting my pulses above 75 BPM. I do know that it can take time and Im sure there is a settling in period going from synthetic to natural versions so hence why I will give it the full week and judge from then. My hands and feet do feel nice and warm so the signs are good and I am experiencing a rather mellow feeling for most of the day though I jave had to increase my sugar intake more than when using cynoplus/cynomel. Just this morning 30 mins after breakfast I experienced a little shaking in my hands but pulses we not elevated and neither was temperature, so I think it was adrenaline. Fixed it by having a glass of syrup (home-made 2:1 sugar:water) and a tsp of salt along with 650mg of aspirin. Felt great ever since and have been sipping on milk/OJ/syrup for most of the day (as Im off).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals