The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

Theta

@Advocate2021 would you happen to know why I get this prompt when I attempt to order the 250 watt Bulbrite bulb?
"This item cannot be shipped to your selected delivery location. Please choose a different delivery location."
I live in CA.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“I think it's important that we don't allow the drug publicists to obscure the broad importance of substances such as aspirin, vitamin E, progesterone, and thyroid. For 60 years, a myth that was created to sell estrogen has harmed both science and the health of many people.” -Ray Peat

J.R.K

“I think it's important that we don't allow the drug publicists to obscure the broad importance of substances such as aspirin, vitamin E, progesterone, and thyroid. For 60 years, a myth that was created to sell estrogen has harmed both science and the health of many people.” -Ray Peat
About seven years back I went to my doctor to discuss some issues and I took all the supplements I was taking. She did not find much issue with any of them FYI one was fish oil (yes yes I know no need to remind me of my knucklehead, to be fair it was before Dr Peat). But I digress the only one she warned me about was Vitamin E saying be careful as it is carcinogenic.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
About seven years back I went to my doctor to discuss some issues and I took all the supplements I was taking. She did not find much issue with any of them FYI one was fish oil (yes yes I know no need to remind me of my knucklehead, to be fair it was before Dr Peat). But I digress the only one she warned me about was Vitamin E saying be careful as it is carcinogenic.
Don’t feel bad cause I took fish oil for a good 10 years or more myself. I have known vitamin E is carcinogenic taking it orally, but not topically.

Last edited:

J.R.K

Don’t feel bad cause I took fish oil for a good 10 years or more myself. I have known vitamin is carcinogenic taking it orally, but not topically.
How about in your navel route? (not sure if that is the proper terminology to describe this method)

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I still wonder about taking progesterone and gums, at least orally….

“Use of oral contraceptives (birth control pills): Women who take certain oral contraceptives that contain progesterone might experience inflamed gum tissues due to the body’s exaggerated reaction to the toxins produced from plaque. The most profound changes in the gums are seen in the first few months after starting the birth control pills. Newer birth control pills, however, have lower concentrations of the hormones, which lessens the inflammatory response of the gums to dental plaque.”

Jennifer

“Use of oral contraceptives (birth control pills): Women who take certain oral contraceptives that contain progesterone might experience inflamed gum tissues due to the body’s exaggerated reaction to the toxins produced from plaque. The most profound changes in the gums are seen in the first few months after starting the birth control pills. Newer birth control pills, however, have lower concentrations of the hormones, which lessens the inflammatory response of the gums to dental plaque.”

When they say oral contraceptives/birth control pills and progesterone, are they referring to natural progesterone or progestins?

Advocate2021

this is due to the progestin which is estrogenic and the estrogen. natural progesterone has the opposite effect. Such despicable deception. The Cleveland Clinic , Mayo Clinic , any of the big ones are completely erroneous and clueless about anything having to do with human physiology- i know first hand- i was taken to many including the Mayo as a young woman and dosed on estrogen by all of them.

Jennifer

Thank you very much for clarifying, @Advocate2021. I suspected when they said progesterone in birth control pills, they were referring to progestins, not natural progesterone.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
this is due to the progestin which is estrogenic and the estrogen. natural progesterone has the opposite effect. Such despicable deception. The Cleveland Clinic , Mayo Clinic , any of the big ones are completely erroneous and clueless about anything having to do with human physiology- i know first hand- i was taken to many including the Mayo as a young woman and dosed on estrogen by all of them.
Thank you for putting my mind at ease about this.

J.R.K

Sounds absolutely horrible @Advocate2021 !!
If I might take a moment and opportunity to play devil’s advocate here.
I remember Dr Peat taking many times about progesterone being used as a safe method of birth control than the standard birth control pills (presumably both estrogen and progestin based).
His reasonings were that progesterone is produced at higher levels during pregnancy, so maintaining a level of progesterone in the body would in essence trick the body into believing that it was pregnant, this would make sense in that once a woman is pregnant more intercourse will not make her,”more pregnant”. Unfortunately he never gave a recommendation for dosage or frequency to take the progesterone. But I find the idea fascinating.

• Sixty years ago, progesterone was found to be the main hormone produced by the ovaries. Since it was necessary for fertility and for maintaining a healthy pregnancy, it was called the "pro-gestational hormone," and its name sometimes leads people to think that it isn't needed when you don't want to get pregnant. In fact, it is the most protective hormone the body produces, and the large amounts that are produced during pregnancy result from the developing baby's need for protection from the stressful environment. Normally, the brain contains a very high concentration of progesterone, reflecting its protective function for that most important organ. The thymus gland, the key organ of our immune system, is also profoundly dependent on progesterone.
  • In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their anti-stress hormones, and when there is enough progesterone, they don't have to produce the potentially harmful cortisone. In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.
    Ray Peat

Advocate2021

Sounds absolutely horrible @Advocate2021 !!
If I might take a moment and opportunity to play devil’s advocate here.
I remember Dr Peat taking many times about progesterone being used as a safe method of birth control than the standard birth control pills (presumably both estrogen and progestin based).
His reasonings were that progesterone is produced at higher levels during pregnancy, so maintaining a level of progesterone in the body would in essence trick the body into believing that it was pregnant, this would make sense in that once a woman is pregnant more intercourse will not make her,”more pregnant”. Unfortunately he never gave a recommendation for dosage or frequency to take the progesterone. But I find the idea fascinating.

• Sixty years ago, progesterone was found to be the main hormone produced by the ovaries. Since it was necessary for fertility and for maintaining a healthy pregnancy, it was called the "pro-gestational hormone," and its name sometimes leads people to think that it isn't needed when you don't want to get pregnant. In fact, it is the most protective hormone the body produces, and the large amounts that are produced during pregnancy result from the developing baby's need for protection from the stressful environment. Normally, the brain contains a very high concentration of progesterone, reflecting its protective function for that most important organ. The thymus gland, the key organ of our immune system, is also profoundly dependent on progesterone.
  • In experiments, progesterone was found to be the basic hormone of adaptation and of resistance to stress. The adrenal glands use it to produce their anti-stress hormones, and when there is enough progesterone, they don't have to produce the potentially harmful cortisone. In a progesterone deficiency, we produce too much cortisone, and excessive cortisone causes osteoporosis, aging of the skin, damage to brain cells, and the accumulation of fat, especially on the back and abdomen.
    Ray Peat
I think it is just the normal dosage a woman takes. When i had a scare once, i took a lot more and inserted copious amounts intravaginally and Dr. PEat said it should take care of it. however, there was no guarantee so i unfortunately took a morning after pill which i hated doing. But anecdotally, it does seem to have worked all these years possibly.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In the 1940s Hans Selye studied the steroid hormones in a comprehensive way, defining their actions and interactions. At that time he found that progesterone protected broadly against stress, and that a large dose of estrogen created a condition that duplicated the initial shock phase of the stress reaction. Later animal studies showed that estrogen quickly causes enlargement of the adrenal glands, followed by bleeding, and, with large and continuous doses, death of the adrenal cells.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Progesterone decreases the production of fibrinogen, and increases the volume of the blood and the flexibility of the red blood cells, increasing the ability of blood to flow freely, and it also decreases the leakiness of capillaries. Hypothyroid people (who tend to have low progesterone and high estrogen) are highly susceptible to heart disease and cancer, and have abnormally viscous blood. Hyperthyroid people have unusually fluid blood. Hypothyroidism increases the leakiness of capillaries, and decreases the amount of albumin in the blood. Albumin itself decreases the permeability of blood vessels.” -Ray Peat

J.R.K

I think it is just the normal dosage a woman takes. When i had a scare once, i took a lot more and inserted copious amounts intravaginally and Dr. PEat said it should take care of it. however, there was no guarantee so i unfortunately took a morning after pill which i hated doing. But anecdotally, it does seem to have worked all these years possibly.
It would be nice if there were some studies that would look at this as a safer option to the current pharmaceutical options especially with estrogen being the primary active ingredient.

Advocate2021

It would be nice if there were some studies that would look at this as a safer option to the current pharmaceutical options especially with estrogen being the primary active ingredient.
would have to be done by kenogen or one of these other companies that sells natural progesterone. no one else would do it as not profitable for them. I aske dDr. Peat about this when i was trying to make my own choice and he said that his belief was based only upon anecdotal evidence- i.e. women he knew who took progest-e regularly and never got pregnant but got pregnant every time they went on vacation and forgot to bring it. since there was not more certainty i poisoned myself once again about 6 or 7 years ago with a morning after pill but Dr. Peat said an isolated incident like that would not cause longterm issues- did effect me for a couple of months though. lesson learned - do not use a condom where wrapper has opened - ever!!!-

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Calcium, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin B6- , vitamin K, and vitamin D are important for the development and maintenance of bones. For example, a vitamin A deficiency limits the synthesis of progesterone and proteins.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals