The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

Advocate2021

“The recent report that the incidence of breast cancer in the United States fell drastically between 2002 and 2004, following the great decline in estrogen sales, shows the magnitude of the injury and death caused by the falsifications of the estrogen industry--a matter of millions of unnecessary deaths, just in the years that I have been working on the estrogen issue. The current campaign against progesterone can be expected to cause many unnecessary cancer deaths (e.g., Plu-Bureau, et al., Mauvais-Jarvis, et al.), while distracting the public from the culpability of the estrogen industry.” -Ray Peat
Boy does this one touch a nerve. I was put on estrogen from 1988 up to 1999 I believe- trying to remember now if it was 1998 or 1999 when i found From Pms to Menopause in an NYC health food store and Dr. Peat. I was so dysfunctional, those years are a blur now. Right before, I recall had consulted a holistic NYC OBGYN whose face was almost in tears when he examined my breasts knowing my age - and at that time i probably looked about 16. He said breast cancer was around the corner for me at 28! So I was right at the height of the estrogen deaths prior to the decline in sales. Chilling - i would not be writing this post right now if i had not found that book on the exact night that i did. Makes me tear up thinking about it in conjunction with Dr. Peat's passing. he has been the foremost mentor and influence of my entire life beginning with me even being alive and now being able to do the work against the very medical and Big Pharma/Big Govt/Big fraud and authoritarianism that almost killed me. Feels so fated and part of a Divine Order I am going after those nemesis with a vengeance now , much of it in tribute to beloved Dr. Peat. I feel his presence continuously and know that he is right there with me in this.

J.R.K

“The recent report that the incidence of breast cancer in the United States fell drastically between 2002 and 2004, following the great decline in estrogen sales, shows the magnitude of the injury and death caused by the falsifications of the estrogen industry--a matter of millions of unnecessary deaths, just in the years that I have been working on the estrogen issue. The current campaign against progesterone can be expected to cause many unnecessary cancer deaths (e.g., Plu-Bureau, et al., Mauvais-Jarvis, et al.), while distracting the public from the culpability of the estrogen industry.” -Ray Peat
These are inconvenient truths for the pharmaceutical companies and medical establishment.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Like nitric oxide, which is produced by estrogenic stimulation, estrogen interferes with energy production, so if its stimulation is prolonged, cells are damaged or killed, rather than being stimulated to regenerate.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Boy does this one touch a nerve. I was put on estrogen from 1988 up to 1999 I believe- trying to remember now if it was 1998 or 1999 when i found From Pms to Menopause in an NYC health food store and Dr. Peat. I was so dysfunctional, those years are a blur now. Right before, I recall had consulted a holistic NYC OBGYN whose face was almost in tears when he examined my breasts knowing my age - and at that time i probably looked about 16. He said breast cancer was around the corner for me at 28! So I was right at the height of the estrogen deaths prior to the decline in sales. Chilling - i would not be writing this post right now if i had not found that book on the exact night that i did. Makes me tear up thinking about it in conjunction with Dr. Peat's passing. he has been the foremost mentor and influence of my entire life beginning with me even being alive and now being able to do the work against the very medical and Big Pharma/Big Govt/Big fraud and authoritarianism that almost killed me. Feels so fated and part of a Divine Order I am going after those nemesis with a vengeance now , much of it in tribute to beloved Dr. Peat. I feel his presence continuously and know that he is right there with me in this.
Your testimonial is a precautionary tale to not trust the medical salesmen, but it is also a story of hope that no matter the hole dug for your health to descend in, the other positive things you did defended against it. Had you sat around watching television, rather than have a stimulating life, moving around and having enriching experiences, and you mindlessly shoveled in packaged foods your outcome would have been very different.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
It is getting dark really early where I live and I really do not like it. It feels oppressive. I think after reading the Ray Peat quite below, I think it is probably a good idea be diligent in using my Progest-E everyday, rather then only when I have symptoms for it, until Spring comes….

“In the spring, with increased day length, the brains of song-birds grow, with an increased proliferation of cells in the part of the brain involved in singing. The production of progesterone increases in most animals in the spring, and it is the main hormone responsible for the birds' brain growth.” —Ray Peat​

Advocate2021

It is getting dark really early where I live and I really do not like it. It feels oppressive. I think after reading the Ray Peat quite below, I think it is probably a good idea be diligent in using my Progest-E everyday, rather then only when I have symptoms for it, until Spring comes….

“In the spring, with increased day length, the brains of song-birds grow, with an increased proliferation of cells in the part of the brain involved in singing. The production of progesterone increases in most animals in the spring, and it is the main hormone responsible for the birds' brain growth.” —Ray Peat​
and using red light 24/7 very helpful. i work in 825 watts of directed incadescant red light on me all day and feel like ive been in the sun all day even when there is not sun like this week which has been rainy and cloudy.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
and using red light 24/7 very helpful. i work in 825 watts of directed incadescant red light on me all day and feel like ive been in the sun all day even when there is not sun like this week which has been rainy and cloudy.
I have done a little experimenting with a red light device on different areas of my body which seemed to be counterproductive, so I stopped. Where did you buy your bulb?

Advocate2021

all of the info is in this thread What is a good low-cost red light lamp device to get in 2022?

i currently am in a small space that is pretty easy to light and am using two brooders with a clear 250 watt heat lamp bulb running on 130 volts and one standing 5 prong lamp with 5 65 watt flood bulbs ( no shades) . they run on 120 volts as when traveling picked them up at a home depot but i have ordered the ones dr. Peat recommends running on 130 volts that are clear (not more opaque) off amazon and will replace these with those when they burn out. Dr. peat recommends 130 volt because it contains even more of the beneficial red and orange spectrum . With 825 watts total directed on me all day i feel the energy of sun! i had only been using the 2 brooders for many months unitl a couple weeks ago when if was particularly sunless here i brought in the standing 5 prong lamp and the added 325 watts has made a huge difference in my mood and energy. Before bringing it in, i would have this bird in a cage feeling every day like if i didnt get out of this space i would explode. since the additional lamp, i have had days where i never left the space feeling great and better because there are week long stretches of 0 sun where i am happening currently but the red light is making me feel even better than if i did get out in the sun for an hour or two because i can have it the entire day and night.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
all of the info is in this thread What is a good low-cost red light lamp device to get in 2022?

i currently am in a small space that is pretty easy to light and am using two brooders with a clear 250 watt heat lamp bulb running on 130 volts and one standing 5 prong lamp with 5 65 watt flood bulbs ( no shades) . they run on 120 volts as when traveling picked them up at a home depot but i have ordered the ones dr. Peat recommends running on 130 volts that are clear (not more opaque) off amazon and will replace these with those when they burn out. Dr. peat recommends 130 volt because it contains even more of the beneficial red and orange spectrum . With 825 watts total directed on me all day i feel the energy of sun! i had only been using the 2 brooders for many months unitl a couple weeks ago when if was particularly sunless here i brought in the standing 5 prong lamp and the added 325 watts has made a huge difference in my mood and energy. Before bringing it in, i would have this bird in a cage feeling every day like if i didnt get out of this space i would explode. since the additional lamp, i have had days where i never left the space feeling great and better because there are week long stretches of 0 sun where i am happening currently but the red light is making me feel even better than if i did get out in the sun for an hour or two because i can have it the entire day and night.
I certainly don’t need anymore energy, so what other benefits could I expect from red light? I really haven’t applied myself to learning this area yet.

Advocate2021

I certainly don’t need anymore energy, so what other benefits could I expect from red light? I really haven’t applied myself to learning this area yet.
I believe you just quoted Dr. Peat on it- that quote is pretty potent regarding the trigger of the respiratory enzyme and progesterone production . Red light is one of his seminal teachings- he recommended the very lights i have been using for probably almost 15 years now. Danny Roddy's video in that post showing which lights to get came straight from Dr. Peat as that is what he himself uses. The benefits are stimulating cellular respiration, thryoid, progesterone and hormone production - basically everything that results from those things. he reported in his books i believe that women who exhibited hormone imbalances in Eugene during the winter months were relieved by using the artificial red light during that time. In many places, one cannot depend upon the sun for this as sometimes there is not sun and in winter everywhere there is less of it. Using artificial incadescant light is a foundational teaching and very powerful. Very effective for SAD as well.

Advocate2021

I believe you just quoted Dr. Peat on it- that quote is pretty potent regarding the trigger of the respiratory enzyme and progesterone production . Red light is one of his seminal teachings- he recommended the very lights i have been using for probably almost 15 years now. Danny Roddy's video in that post showing which lights to get came straight from Dr. Peat as that is what he himself uses. The benefits are stimulating cellular respiration, thryoid, progesterone and hormone production - basically everything that results from those things. he reported in his books i believe that women who exhibited hormone imbalances in Eugene during the winter months were relieved by using the artificial red light during that time. In many places, one cannot depend upon the sun for this as sometimes there is not sun and in winter everywhere there is less of it. Using artificial incadescant light is a foundational teaching and very powerful. Very effective for SAD as well.
i just saw a red light quote somewhere - thought it was here but not finding it now

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Yes but as a person with a healthy metabolism, who sleeps well and has lots of energy and no health issues, makes me wonder what red light could offer me. I don’t want too much of a good thing, cause that does not equal a good thing, and I already supplement Progest-E on occasion. I totally get why it is beneficial to others that still have a ways to go with their health.

Last edited:

Advocate2021

Yes but as a person with a healthy metabolism, who sleeps well and has lots of energy and no health issues I what else it could offer is vague to me. I don’t want too much of a good thing, cause that does not equal a good thing.,
always an individual matter of course- suppose the only way to know is to try. for me the red light is mandatory- i feel 1000 times better with it and suffer without it. whenever i go out for the day, especially if its cloudy and im subject to horrid lighting in the buildings and stores, as soon as i get home i flick on my lights and feel like a different person. they have made a huge difference for me personally and the effects are consistent with what Dr. Peat has taught. Granted, i probably do not get as much sun as you due to living in places with more severe winters, the work i do which demand much interior time with a computer and having very fair skin that just cant withstand hours of sun without some protection so for me the red light is the solution for sure. and since i added the additional lamp, my temps have been much better. its definitely increasing my thyroid.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
always an individual matter of course- suppose the only way to know is to try. for me the red light is mandatory- i feel 1000 times better with it and suffer without it. whenever i go out for the day, especially if its cloudy and im subject to horrid lighting in the buildings and stores, as soon as i get home i flick on my lights and feel like a different person. they have made a huge difference for me personally and the effects are consistent with what Dr. Peat has taught. Granted, i probably do not get as much sun as you due to living in places with more severe winters, the work i do which demand much interior time with a computer and having very fair skin that just cant withstand hours of sun without some protection so for me the red light is the solution for sure. and since i added the additional lamp, my temps have been much better. its definitely increasing my thyroid.
I can see exactly see why you would benefit from red light. I am never cold, and I never get overheated in the summer like other people do. I heal fast and overall am leery to change anything. Red light seems like a supplement when there is not enough sun. What is the difference between red light and a vitamin D lamp? I have been considering getting a SPERTI vitamin D lamp, but I haven’t because I don’t want vitamin D toxicity either, from again too much of a good thing.,

Advocate2021

I can see exactly see why you would benefit from red light. I am never cold, and I never get overheated in the summer like other people do. I heal fast and overall am leery to change anything. Red light seems like a supplement when there is not enough sun. What is the difference between red light and a vitamin D lamp? I have been considering getting a SPERTI vitamin D lamp, but I haven’t because I don’t want vitamin D toxicity either, from again too much of a good thing.,
Red light has no UV, hence does not incite vitamin D production but penetrates the eyes and skin and confers all the other benefits from the sun's red light. I simply must supplement vitamin D at least in the fall and winter- switched to my skin though after taking 2 weeks completely off. I have greatly improved since my original post with idealabs supplements in the title. I did take a break from a lot of things and then re-introduced incrementally in order to identify potential culprits and doing as much topically and with the purest options. This lifestyle is a constant monitoring and balancing act for sure for me. my organism is constantly evolving and calibrating and changing thoughout each menstrual cycle and what works great one week sometimes is different the next.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Red light has no UV, hence does not incite vitamin D production but penetrates the eyes and skin and confers all the other benefits from the sun's red light. I simply must supplement vitamin D at least in the fall and winter- switched to my skin though after taking 2 weeks completely off. I have greatly improved since my original post with idealabs supplements in the title. I did take a break from a lot of things and then re-introduced incrementally in order to identify potential culprits and doing as much topically and with the purest options. This lifestyle is a constant monitoring and balancing act for sure for me. my organism is constantly evolving and calibrating and changing thoughout each menstrual cycle and what works great one week sometimes is different the next.
Thanks for that clarification. I don’t spend time in any one place to know how I could make red light part of my life. I would be nervous to shine a handheld one on my face.

J.R.K

Thanks for that clarification. I don’t spend time in any one place to know how I could make red light part of my life. I would be nervous to shine a handheld one on my face.
I think that you might be okay with the hand held device on your face but as you mentioned earlier be aware of how it makes you feel.
I don’t know how much sun you currently get right now, compared to the summer months, but to supplement to your comfort levels would probably be the best plan. If you use the light use it at a distance at first then adjust as you see fit.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I think that you might be okay with the hand held device on your face but as you mentioned earlier be aware of how it makes you feel.
I don’t know how much sun you currently get right now, compared to the summer months, but to supplement to your comfort levels would probably be the best plan. If you use the light use it at a distance at first then adjust as you see fit.
Thanks for weighing in J.R.k, I really am not sure what I am looking for as far comfort level goes, cause my normal is really good.

Advocate2021

Thanks for weighing in J.R.k, I really am not sure what I am looking for as far comfort level goes, cause my normal is really good.
if you are out in the sun a lot and your location is mostly sunny year round you may not need it year round.

However, when you mentioned "It is getting dark really early where I live and I really do not like it. It feels oppressive. ", it seemed some artificial red light made sense to make up for the deficit when it gets dark earlier. It definitely would solve "it feels oppressive" I can pretty much guarantee it.

Light, per Dr. Peat himself, is primary. When i first started feeling like a person in my very late 30's for the first time in my life and basically became a born again adolescent, I became quite the party girl, was having a grand old time in NYC, frequently staying up all night with my underground nightlife tribe, getting home just before sunrise or after and going to bed in the morning. And because i wanted to have my cake and eat it too i asked Dr Peat basically: " Can I have my teenager NYC nightlife and just make up for the light deficits with progesterone and thyroid, etc." I remember his exact answer to the letter because it only had two _ "NO".

needless to say i was taking tons of progest-e and taking thyroid and eating the diet etc., but it completely wrecked me ultimately and i put myself into crisis after all that i did to get better. so progest e is not a substitute for light.

When you made the above quoted statement, you then gave a RP quote about progesterone and deduced that you should add more progesterone. I think he would tell you to add more light first or in addition to the progesterone based upon my experience.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals