The Progest-E & Raw Honey High

Advocate2021

No, they gave me the same info, 4 to 22mg. :(
So one drop of progest e contains 33 Iu's vitamin E? i saw your post about 60 drops and 660 ius vitamin e. ive been downing this stuff for 25 years - dont even really measure just use my intutition. But this point about too much vitamin e something to consider. Althoug otherwise im doing great- no sign of any perimenopause, fertile, blood work looks like hormones of someone 20 years younger so seems to be ok but i do need to look into the vtiamin e thing. i remember Dr. Peat telling me about the danger of too much vitamin e- can anyone provide that infor here?

Advocate2021

So one drop of progest e contains 33 Iu's vitamin E? i saw your post about 60 drops and 660 ius vitamin e. ive been downing this stuff for 25 years - dont even really measure just use my intutition. But this point about too much vitamin e something to consider. Althoug otherwise im doing great- no sign of any perimenopause, fertile, blood work looks like hormones of someone 20 years younger so seems to be ok but i do need to look into the vtiamin e thing. i remember Dr. Peat telling me about the danger of too much vitamin e- can anyone provide that infor here?
And something that occurs to me that should allay some fear on the vitamin E is that one to two weeks per month are off progest e depending upon how you use it- i used it only 2 weeks post ovulation for late 20's 30's and much of my 40's and i think in my late 40's upped it to 3 weeks post menstruation with much smaller amount pre ovulation than post . so the significant dosing levels for most are only for two weeks per month so if you are taking generous vitamin e during those 2 weeks, you take none or a minimal amount for 2 weeks so think net effect is an even amount that is not an issue.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The trigger the team found is progesterone, the sex hormone involved in the female menstrual cycle, pregnancy and breastfeeding. The scientists applied the compound to frogs’ amputated back legs with a wearable bioreactor device for 24 hours. Then they watched as the limb regenerated. Frogs that did not receive the progesterone treatment developed cartilaginous spikes at the amputation site, whereas ones that wore the hormone delivering bioreactor for one day regrew a paddle-shaped appendage. Differences between the frogs were visible within a few weeks”

Bruna

TocoVit - Liquid Vitamin E From Wheat Germ Oil

Haidut said:
I think 800 IU vitamin E is around the upper limit of what the organism can utilize daily. At that dose it may cause issues with increased bleeding especially when combined with progesterone, so maybe adding some vitamin K a few hours before/after the vitamin E would help balance that.

I didn't found any quote from Dr. Peat.

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The excess cortisol of depression, old age, and hyperestrogenism often comes down with use of a thyroid supplement, but pregnenolone has a very direct action (in opposition to serotonin) that can quiet the pituitary, reducing ACTH and cortisol. Progesterone has some similar effects, and is protective against excess cortisol, and is a major factor in nerve and brain restoration. Thyroid, progesterone, and pregnenolone are all involved in the formation of new myelin, and in the prevention of the edema that damages it.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“If a woman has ovaries, progesterone helps them to regulate themselves and their hormone production. It helps to restore normal functioning of the thyroid and other glands. If her ovaries have been removed, progesterone should be taken consistently to replace the lost supply. A progesterone deficiency has often been associated with increased susceptibility to cancer, and progesterone has been used to treat some types of cancer.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“It is important to emphasize that progesterone is not just the hormone of pregnancy. To use it only “to protect the uterus” would be like telling a man he doesn't need testosterone if he doesn't plan to father children, except that progesterone is of far greater and more basic physiological significance than testosterone. While men do naturally produce progesterone, and can sometimes benefit from using it, it is not a male hormone. Some people get that impression, because some physicians recommend combining estrogen with either testosterone or progesterone, to protect against some of estrogen's side effects, but progesterone is the body's natural complement to estrogen. Used alone, progesterone often makes it unnecessary to use estrogen for hot flashes or insomnia, or other symptoms of menopause.” Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Progesterone is always more effective when the diet contains adequate protein, and when there isn't an excessive amount of unsaturated fat in the diet.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“But some women prefer to use progesterone without interruption after the menopause, for its protective antistress effects. Slender people usually find that two or three drops are enough, but this amount may be repeated once or twice as needed to relieve symptoms. Adequate protein in the diet and good thyroid function help the body to produce its own progesterone; even if the ovaries have been removed, the adrenal glands and brain continue to produce progesterone.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“If a person has an enlarged thyroid gland, progesterone promotes secretion and unloading of the stored “colloid,” and can bring on a temporary hyperthyroid state. This is a corrective process, and in itself isn't harmful. A thyroid supplement should be used to shrink the goiter before progesterone is given. Normal amounts of progesterone facilitate thyroid secretion, while a deficiency, with unopposed estrogen, causes the thyroid to enlarge. The production of euphoria has been mentioned as a side effect, but I think euphoria is simply an indication of a good physiological state. (The history of official medical attitudes toward euphoria is a subject that deserves more attention.) Very large doses that are given in vitamin E solution, allowing complete absorption, can reach the level that is sometimes achieved late in pregnancy, producing both euphoria and a degree of anesthesis. To avoid unexpected anesthesia, the correct dose should be determined by taking about 10 mg. at a time allowing it to spread into the membranes of the mouth, and repeating the dose after 10 minutes until the symptoms are controlled” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“With a diet high in protein (e.g., at least 70-100 grams per day, including eggs) and vitamin A (not carotene), I have found that the dose of progesterone can be reduced each month. Using thyroid will usually reduce the amount of progesterone needed. Occasionally, a woman won't feel any effect even from 100 mg. of progesterone; I think this indicates that they need to use thyroid and diet, to normalize their estrogen, prolactin, and cortisol.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Progesterone stimulates the ovaries and adrenals to produce progesterone, and it also activates the thyroid, so one dose can sometimes have prolonged effects. It shouldn't be necessary to keep using progesterone indefinitely, unless the ovaries have been removed.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“In the 1930s, it was demonstrated that estrogen, even in small doses, produced abortions, and that when it is given early enough, even a very small dose will prevent implantation of the fertilized embryo. Progesterone was known, by the early 1940s, to protect against the many toxic effects of estrogen, including abortion, but it was also known as nature's contraceptive, since it can prevent pregnancy without harmful side-effects, by different mechanisms, including prevention of sperm entry into the uterus. That is, progesterone prevents the miscarriages which result from excess estrogen (1,2), but if used before intercourse, it prevents conception, and thus is a true contraceptive, while estrogen is an abortifacient, not a contraceptive.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“When people speak of an allergy to progesterone (or even to penicillin) they generally are not aware of the presence of a very toxic solvent.(5) For a time, progesterone was often sold dissolved in benzyl benzoate. The Physician's Desk Reference warned of possible allergic reactions to progesterone. Now, it is supposedly sold dissolved in vegetable oil, with about 10% benzyl alcohol as--supposedly--a “bacteriostatic agent.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Over the decades, many studies have confirmed that prolonged, continuous exposure to estrogen is carcinogenic, and that progesterone offsets those effects.

Following the animal studies that showed that carcinogenesis by estrogen could be prevented or reversed by progesterone, studies of the endogenous hormones in women showed that those with a natural excess of estrogen, and/or deficiency of progesterone, were the most likely to develop uterine or breast cancers.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Cholesterol itself is protective, and in some cells it is massively converted into progesterone, which is even more effective in restoring homeostasis.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Adding to the conceptual sloppiness of the "molecular biology" wing of endocrinology, the culture in which pharmaceutical products had come to dominate medical ideas about hormones allowed the conventional pharmaceutical vehicles to be disregarded in most experiments, both in vitro and in vivo. If progesterone was injected into patients mixed with sesame oil and benzyl alcohol, then it often didn't occur to animal experimenters to give control injections of the solvent. For in vitrostudies, in a watery medium, oil wouldn't do, so they would use an alcohol solvent, and again often forgot to do a solvent control experiment.” -Ray Peat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“Cells respond to stimulation by estrogen by producing a variety of molecules, including the "progesterone receptor" protein. When progesterone enters the cell, binding to these proteins, the estrogenic stimulation is halted, by a series of reactions in which the estrogen receptors disintegrate, and in which estrogen is made water soluble by the activation of enzymes that attach sulfate or a sugar acid, causing it leave the cell and move into the bloodstream, and by reactions that prevent its reentry into the cell by inactivating another type of enzyme, and that suppress its de novo formation in the cell, and that oxidize it into a less active form. Progesterone terminates estrogen's cellular functions with extreme thoroughness.” -Ray Peat​

OP
Rinse & rePeat
“The recent report that the incidence of breast cancer in the United States fell drastically between 2002 and 2004, following the great decline in estrogen sales, shows the magnitude of the injury and death caused by the falsifications of the estrogen industry--a matter of millions of unnecessary deaths, just in the years that I have been working on the estrogen issue. The current campaign against progesterone can be expected to cause many unnecessary cancer deaths (e.g., Plu-Bureau, et al., Mauvais-Jarvis, et al.), while distracting the public from the culpability of the estrogen industry.” -Ray Peat

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals