The credibility of this forum is being's undermined by conspiracy theories

Lollipop2

Name one forum or platform that has more credibility than this one?

There is a lot posted here that I totally disagree with. But people here are not mindless brainwashed zombies so that's a win. For example, I believe COVID is a deadly disease caused by a coronavirus and many people here disagree with me on that point. So what? I prefer these people who disagree with me to all the mindless people programmed by mainstream media that I come across everyday. At least some of the people I disagree with here have the ability to think for themselves. That is very rare in today's society.
Thank you for defending RPF. What integrity especially since I have some some strong discussions you are involved in.

I agree totally with you, like I said if there wasn't so much good on the forum I wouldn't be here. I have a pet peeve that I aired in a thread with the subject inviting anyone to do so. I am not talking about goodness of people cause the forum has so many.

Last edited:

yerrag

I just like this forum of oddballs! I belong.

Oddballs, keep strengthening your foundation as you stay grounded to reality. And there is only one reality, no matter how many "experts" tell you differently. Hold your ground as you discover and share, but yield and grow when the strong wind of earnest truth borne of reason, logic, and perception descends upon you.

Bow not to false priests on pedestals built by deception and evil intentions.

I just like this forum of oddballs! I belong.

Oddballs, keep strengthening your foundation as you stay grounded to reality. And there is only one reality, no matter how many "experts" tell you differently. Hold your ground as you discover and share, but yield and grow when the strong wind of earnest truth borne of reason, logic, and perception descends upon you.

Bow not to false priests on pedestals built by deception and evil intentions.

Yerrag I am defending Ray Peat's good name and giving advice under the idea that it is what Ray Peat said. I don't care about anything past that. What is with bowing to false priests and evil?

yerrag

Yerrag I am defending Ray Peat's good name and giving advice under the idea that it is what Ray Peat said. I don't care about anything past that. What is with bowing to false proests and evil?
Nothing that has to do with you.

I talk about the medical establishment and their experts.

You need a sound mind and a healthy metabolism to navigate your way through truth and lies, and to be able to discern what is and what isn't a conspiracy theory, and what is propaganda and what isn't..

I seriously doubt you have those qualities.

And how is this response kind?

yerrag

Apple

Interesting thought ?
I can't imagine RP is not a spiritual person considering he is familiar with hindu.
His diet is very sattvic , leading to a very high internal energy state. Such a diet would inspire a person to meditate and move towards God.
The Sattvic diet (pure and balanced) is believed to increase energy, produces happiness, calmness, and mental clarity. It could enhance longevity, health, and spirituality. According to Maha Narayana Upanishad (~5000 B.C.) it promotes a life expectancy of 100–150 years and it is recommended for “Saints”.

Lollipop2

I can't imagine RP is not a spiritual person considering he is familiar with hindu.
His diet is very sattvic , leading to a very high internal energy state. Such a diet would inspire a person to meditate and move towards God.
The Sattvic diet (pure and balanced) is believed to increase energy, produces happiness, calmness, and mental clarity. It could enhance longevity, health, and spirituality. According to Maha Narayana Upanishad (~5000 B.C.) it promotes a life expectancy of 100–150 years and it is recommended for “Saints”.
Very true that his diet is Sattvic. I heard him say recently in an interview that he likes butter the best. Before he spoke a lot about coconut oil. All sattvic: milk, fruit, ghee/butter...

"I have been hearing about some of the absurd recommendations that are being falsely associated with me, and I want to find reliable information about the person’s identity." -Ray Peat

The irony that I agree with his frustration and I am the bad guy for agreeing with him on a Ray Peat Forum. So so interesting :)

InChristAlone

"I have been hearing about some of the absurd recommendations that are being falsely associated with me, and I want to find reliable information about the person’s identity." -Ray Peat

The irony that I agree with his frustration and I am the bad guy for agreeing with him on a Ray Peat Forum. So so interesting :)
Where did he say that? The only time I've ever even heard him talk about the ray peat forum is when he was asked if he ever checked it out and he said no. He seemed to not care at all.

Blossom

Forum Supporter

I don’t think you are the bad guy but at the same time I don’t think it’s going to help anything to keep bringing it up. It’s basically gossip and pretty sad. The worst part is someone apparently told Peat something and we have no idea if it was true and if they had good intentions or not.

Where did he say that? The only time I've ever even heard him talk about the ray peat forum is when he was asked if he ever checked it out and he said no. He seemed to not care at all.

Oh yeah he said that too, like Blossom said somebody is telling him stuff that the thread people are saying and one seemed to really get to him. I got it from The Forum E-mail depository.

Here is everything posted by that person. It was all posted in it's own thread too. I don't make up stuff.

"I had a friend who got an expensive “altitude tent”; it smelled so bad she couldn’t use it. I recently heard of a 15 year old boy who was using a creatine supplement, died of heart arrest. Bone meal was a popular supplement, until a published analysis showed very high lead content. Wire nets can provide EMF shielding if they are grounded."

"If someone had leprosy, scrofula, syphilis or unexplained granulomas and couldn’t get appropriate things such as penicillin, then a short trial of iodine wouldn’t be crazy. Medical use can’t be extrapolated to chronic large doses as a nutritional supplement. Have you seen the many studies of the hamful effects on the thyroid of regular iodide supplementation?"

"Used occasionally as a topical antiseptic, tincture of iodine is safe. Historically iodide has been used to treat a breast infection. That’s very different from the cult of daily use of large amounts of iodide, started by Guy Abraham." (he attached like 70 studies along with this comment)

The founder of the current iodine cult, Guy Abraham, was promoting iodine along with their radiation devices to protect against electromagnetic pollution. I couldn’t decide whether he really believed those things, or just used them to sell his product.

No, I have never recommended several milligram doses of iodide, and I have often pointed out the damage to the thyroid gland that even moderate iodide supplements can cause:

I have been hearing about some of the absurd recommendations that are being falsely associated with me, and I want to find reliable information about the person’s identity.

My computer doesn’t have a camera or microphone; I use a landline phone; the constant technological up-dates and innovations are doing more harm than good. Just thinking about, anticipating, sex increases testosterone, makes the whiskers grow faster; general good health keeps the increased testosterone from increasing estrogen and cortisol.

No. Occasionally, phobic ideas about nutrients circulate, including places like the raypeatforum, and milk phobia seems to be a chronic cultural problem.

Ordinarily, just thinking about, anticipating, sex increases testosterone and well being, but in a stressed hypothyroid person it’s possible that the testosterone produced by sexual arousal could be converted to estrogen.

It would be more helpful to read some physiology books instead of the internet. Almost everything there is exploitative, insane, stupid, or a blend of those.

There are lots of insane proposals on the internet, and that forum seems to be meeting its cuota.

I get it directly from farmers who don’t treat it, and then I skim it because I don’t want so much fat. Lactose promotes the absorption of calcium and probably other nutrients.

The organic milk I have had from various supermarkets, supposedly reliable brands, has often had an unpleasant taste and soured quickly, even when pasteurized, which I think indicates poor feeding and milking techniques. Sanitary milking practices and good feed—combined hay and pasture—produce clean milk with a good taste that doesn’t need pasteurization. I often heat the milk to speed separation of the cream.

I have averaged two quarts a day for a long time. The method of separating whey from casein determines how much calcium each has; neither by itself is as good.

I don’t eat, or recommend, that much protein. For years I drank a gallon per day. The calorie content of a gallon of whole milk is too much unless you are very active physically.

In the US, the incidence of cancer in young people is increasing; one of the factors is probably increased vaccinations.

The skin on the forehead is a poor indicator of core body temperature. Infrared radiation is safe.

asked about androsterone and 11 keto dht he said "
Not sufficient research to know of safety.

in response to me asking him I heard he used DHT in the last year often and liked it a lot : "
Internet silliness.
I have tried it, and experienced an effect from it, but it isn’t something I use or recommend except for extreme situations such as terminal cancer.

No, I said the opposite, that the final steroids, especially cortisol, estrogen, and aldosterone can have toxic harmful effects, and that cholesterol, pregnenolone, and progesterone are safe. Squalene is very susceptible to oxidation, e.g., blackheads. The claims of the cosmetic industry are just as likely to be false as those of the drug industry.

about pregnenolone turning into cortisol:
No, it just doesn’t work that way. “Can turn into" has nothing to do with how the organism works. It’s best to assume that everything on the internet is wrong—they are repeated thousands of times, on “reputable” sites, but it isn’t possible to learn anything useful by studying the great trash heap of the internet.

Cholesterol is converted to protective hormones in proportion to thyroid function. Cholesterol is bound inside the blood vessels, liver, brain, and other organs as a defense against PUFA toxicity.
They cause tissue damage, and cells combine them with cholesterol (as esters) for protection, but those esters accumulate in all the tissues with aging, and stresses liberate them, causing prion diseases and other protein folding forms of degeneration.

Natural honey is liquid, but if it’s exposed to dry air for a long time it dehydrates and crystallizes; that doesn’t lower its quality.

Dark honey is more likely to be irritating. The value is mostly the concentrated sugar, but there are small amounts of antioxidant materials.

The traditional Maasai diet of iron-deficient milk was supplemented by a small amount of iron-rich blood. Most common diets already have excessive iron.

He had a funny response with this one where he was critical:

John Ioannidis’ article “Why most research findings are false” is worth reading. Things discussed on “forums” aren’t. Ordinary corporate advertising has been supplemented by the much more economical practice of hiring product reviewers to slander competing products, joining multiple forums with their "unhappy experiences."
Specific vitamin and mineral deficiencies were discovered among impoverished people living on foods that were just available sources of energy, and they are rare when people can buy the foods they want. Government agencies serve the industries that they should regulate, and shouldn’t be trusted as reliable sources of information.
In the case of my friend's kid who was dying from diarrhea, appropriate foods weren’t being given in the hospital, and the 10 mg of vitamin B6 obviously served the purpose without depleting anything.
Your sentences "progesterone can apparently convert to cortisol and aldosterone especially in stressed organisms. apparently people have gained weight and had issues with it” wouldn’t be acceptable even in an English composition class, unless “apparently” could be backed up in some way with evidence.

Progesterone is an antagonist to aldosterone and cortisol. Experiments have shown clearly that pure pregnenolone, like pure progesterone, lowers cortisol in stressed animals with high cortisol. The price of a supplement, and the claims of its vendor, don’t have anything to do with its quality. Pure pregnenolone just doesn’t cause hormonal effects such as you mention. I haven’t recommended pregnenolone use for several years, since I started hearing about reactions that could only be caused by major impurities.

For more than 50 years, in animals and people pregnenolone didn’t have those effects. When it became "a product," dozens of little companies, with no experience in steroid production, began making it.
Water and flour are precursors of bread, but they don’t by themselves turn into bread. Chemistry charts aren’t physiology charts.
Do you consider FDA statements to be based on facts? Where can I find out about the “FDA warning”? It should be assumed that anything on the internet is false.

They misquote me. The foods I recommend, such as milk, cheese, eggs and sea foods contain taurine.

Some people promote almost anything. The foods I recommend contain chromium.

The book link I sent describes the absence of science behind the claims of essentiality.

The book explains that the idea of chromium as an essential nutrient doesn’t have a clear basis in science; it has become a cult to promote the very lucrative industry.

The purity of individual amino acids on the market has been a real issue, so their theoretical benefits have to be considered in relation to what’s available.

They live at very low temperatures that prevent the rapid fat breakdown that occurs at our temperature, but sharks do get cancer—that was just a story to create a market.

I don’t recommend supplements generally, because foods can provide them, and the supplements are always contaminated to some extent in the manufacturing process. In extreme cases I have recommended a small dose of pyridoxine hydrochloride which worked immediately and very well.

People say anything to sell their product. It’s in a wide range of foods. I’ve given small supplements for a variety of problems. The first time was a 2 year old child that had diarrhea that the hospital couldn’t control, and after 3 or 4 days they said she was within a few hours of dying; it was only at that point that the father dared to give her the supplement, and the diarrhea stopped almost immediately. My suggestion, in 1962, was based on old research. It’s effective for many problems related to the distribution of salts and water.

Here is from No Vegetable Diet
"When people started saying they were following my "protocol," I told them that the only protocol I have is "perceive, think, act," but I don't think that was an idea that spread widely; do you think someone is still promoting the idea of a protocol? In the past, when I would spend an hour or more talking to someone about their health issue, I would spend most of the time trying to show why it's important to keep re-thinking things, because people always had their preconception of what they would get from their "consultation." I had thought that the articles on my website were making it clear that clichés and stereotypes were things to avoid; a few years ago I wrote "How do you know?" to expand on that. I make a conscious effort to be tentative even in the way I present anti-authoritarianism, because I have made a few people dangerously furious by suggesting that their way of framing the problem, including their diagnosis and definitions of mechanisms, might be subject to reconsideration. In the late '90s someone invited me to participate in an internet discussion group, and it seemed like something between quicksand and a sandstorm, so I haven't looked at discussion groups since then. When each person is physically present in a group, the group mind that develops is rooted in the personality and history of all the participants, so that misunderstandings and disagreements are continuously being reconsidered. Internet discussions don't seem to work that way." -Ray Peat

LOVE the ending!

"I have made a few people dangerously furious by suggesting that their way of framing the problem, including their diagnosis and definitions of mechanisms, might be subject to reconsideration. In the late '90s someone invited me to participate in an internet discussion group, and it seemed like something between quicksand and a sandstorm, so I haven't looked at discussion groups since then. When each person is physically present in a group, the group mind that develops is rooted in the personality and history of all the participants, so that misunderstandings and disagreements are continuously being reconsidered. Internet discussions don't seem to work that way." -Ray Peat

Oh yeah he said that too, like Blossom said somebody is telling him stuff that the thread people are saying and one seemed to really get to him. I got it from The Forum E-mail depository.

Those who have read Dr. Peat's work (available for free at raypeat.com) should have little problem differentiating between his opinion and another's erroneous interpretation of his work.

Unless you can cite a statement or finger an individual, your repetition of this issue is needlessly sowing division.

The "perceive, think, act" motto attracts seekers of truth, and that is why most of us are here. We (the majority) were sick of the dogma we left, and we are not interested in constructing new dogma.

Edit: The gargantuan text dump above, whether or not relevant, occurred as I penned my piece.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals