The credibility of this forum is being's undermined by conspiracy theories

Dr. B

Above the captain to his right is a bottle of corona , above his left shoulder is an image that represents a virus, and in the lower left you can see a mask!

View attachment 28337

Is the film from 2011 or 2012, coincidence or pre-programming or conspiracy theory?
wheres the mask on lower left? do you mean on the right side of the image, clown/mime mask?

OP
Spartan300

Spartan300

Just to put some context to my OP.

I continue to come here because I believe in the health advice of Ray Peat and many of the contributors here and I am still trying to improve my health by applying these principals as diligently as I can and I continue to be grateful to those who have offered advice. And where any of my journey can be of use to others I will share it.

I made the original comment simply because the credibility of the forum and the advice here matters to me.

P

Peatness

I continue to come here because I believe in the health advice of Ray Peat and many of the contributors here and I am still trying to improve my health by applying these principals as diligently as I can and I continue to be grateful to those who have offered advice. And where any of my journey can be of use to others I will share it.

I made the original comment simply because the credibility of the forum and the advice here matters to me.
It definitely instigated an interesting debate. It’s always good to air grievances, it makes it easier to move on. May I dump some miscellaneous stories on this thread?

yerrag

If someone here indulges in what you consider to be conspiracy theories, it is on his time and if that is a waste of time, then it is his time wasted. Not yours.

If you end up reading the threads on conspiracy theories, it is your choice.

If you choose to ignore such threads and focus on the threads you find valuable and helpful to your learning and healing, it is also your choice.

What I find to be a huge disconnect is how threads you deem conspiracy theories would make threads or forums talking about health matters lose credibility. It is preposterous and utterly lacking in logic.

I am glad there are not many members like you here. That would be a sure way for the forum to lose credibility.

You are actually peeved that there are many people here who disagree with your world view and that you cannot tolerate it. It is on you and not on the others you feel this way.

L

LauriePartridge

I appreciate your comments, thanks.

Birdie

I've not kept up with this thread. .... And it is a very interesting thread. I regret not reading it all but you can't read everything !

I was just going through some of the old comments from September. I noticed discussion about the importance of sugar. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember Ray's saying various times that white sugar is for emergencies when fruit isn't available.

I've always thought he used sugar in his milky coffee but maybe he doesn't use a lot more than that. I think he considers fruit to be sugar from his chemistry definitions... Right ?

Birdie

From the OP :
"This used to be a place to get sound health advice from a bunch of knowledgeable people.

The wacko theories now make me doubt a lot of the advice given."

This didn't attract my interest and I think it was because it sounded a lot like what I heard the press was saying about wacko conspiracy theories.

AlaskaJono

"I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of Alien technology". It is just interesting and funny to me. Got your attention.

Yes, it is my quote as I made it up. And though I just joined as a member in April 2020, I was lurking and reading some for 7 years before. ( I did more reading during that time on Raypeat.com.)

I do think there is some dilution of the site in a way, but as @yerrag stated, there is no need to read the threads about ham radio, or the truly democratic society on the Isle of ST. Kilda that dissolved around 1900-1920. Due to recent events (that may eclipse health effects from strange food diets and dysfunctional metabolism), many of us need a sense of normalcy and belonging that we do not get with the people in our community....meaning our physical geographical community; family, friends, clubs we belong to, etc. This could well be a factor, as well as the fact that bad actors and bots are infiltrating this community and others in order to spread their particular viral assault of discord and deceit. For me, it is not so much the 'credibility' of this site has been undermined, as the usefulness and enjoyability at times. But to each his own. And I am needing to be more discriminating in all things.

Conspiracy fact does exist; food supplies and products at the grocers, and agricultural fertilizers and pesticides contribute along with a modern medical paradigm that will deny one a healthy happy existence unless one is vigilant. And now with the current situation some folks may not recover because of weakened immunity. Time will tell, but it won't be too long for the results.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I used to think the conspiracy theory’s were out there but appreciated the advice but so many of these so called conspiracies have become true.

Peatful

P

Peatness

FHhifiXXsAQJMeh

yerrag

What will we be peddling next?

Insect antennas so we can migrate the RPF forum to a peer to peer singularity? Will you be our queen bee?

Birdie

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals