The credibility of this forum is being's undermined by conspiracy theories

Spartan300

This used to be a place to get sound health advice from a bunch of knowledgeable people.

The wacko theories now make me doubt a lot of the advice given.

yerrag

You need a sound mind and a healthy metabolism to navigate your way through truth and lies, and to be able to discern what is and what isn't a conspiracy theory, and what is propaganda and what isn't..

I seriously doubt you have those qualities.

ddjd

This used to be a place to get sound health advice from a bunch of knowledgeable people.

The wacko theories now make me doubt a lot of the advice given.
Buggar off then. Go and make your own site.

Dolomite

Forum Supporter
There are plenty of things to read on the forum. Don't read the things you aren't interested in. It is that easy. I don't bother with the threads about putting supplements on scrotum, for instance. It doesn't interest me.

Gerard

if something works invitro then it is 100% applicable to humans and real life.
that should be the motto of this forum ?

Pete Rey

Conspiracy theory was a term coined by the CIA to disparage people noticing inconsistencies in official narratives. And that is a conspiracy fact.

Science-minded folk would do well to remember that almost all of what we have to work with is theory constructed on bits of evidence. Conspiracy is just accounting for motive as well.

Peatogenic

The primary thing that's "whacko" is the tone of the language surrounding those posts. They start invoking a sense of harrow and even tie it into the Bible. They use lots of jargon that's been adopted in conspiracy theory groups.

While I think it's fine for there to be some theorizing, it's always better to provide actual data that shows the conspiracy, which many posts do. Even then, the data has to be verified. For example, a high ranking member made a post about a widely circulating conspiracy and linked to data, but the data actually didn't support the conspiracy claim.

InChristAlone

Conspiracy theory was a term coined by the CIA to disparage people noticing inconsistencies in official narratives. And that is a conspiracy fact.

Science-minded folk would do well to remember that almost all of what we have to work with is theory constructed on bits of evidence. Conspiracy is just accounting for motive as well.
:+1

This topic would go somewhere if those who are making insults would provide examples of where people have gone off the deep end.

username

I think more people should adopt a "What if I am wrong?" attitude when brushing "conspiracies" under the rug. Maybe a lot of conspiracies are crazy, but if we consider the consequences of some the conspiracies then we might want to look a little deeper just in case we are wrong. For instance, I see the food supply being attacked worldwide scale which seems to be an attempt to engineer a famine. You may think it sounds extremely unlikely. But shouldn't you ask yourself what the risk of being wrong about dismissing this when you haven't researched the topic? The risk is that food shortages sweep the land and you are forced to do whatever it takes to feed yourself or starve. One can prepare for such food shortages to a certain extent buy buying foods to last. Maybe the destruction of the food supply isn't actually leading to a famine, then we're fine. Maybe some money has gone to waste, or you can possibly even eat your mistake. Even if there were a 1% that these signs point to famine, it is worth considering because the implications are dire. It's quite a rational approach. On a more conspiratorial note, if famine is being engineered, we ought to consider the intentions and what sort of enslavement may be the goal.

Peatogenic

:+1

This topic would go somewhere if those who are making insults would provide examples of where people have gone off the deep end.

In a post today about digital currency, an article was submitted which was 90% predictions about the future. One commenter invoked the Biblical figure of Jeremiah.

You act as if it's a conspiracy theory that this forum has a conspiracy theory/Qanon bent. The moderator himself is deeply Christian and is often "hear, hear!" regarding posts with conspiracy theory/spiritual tones.

The term "conspiracy theory" is a real term. It's a theory about a conspiracy.

PolishSun

it would be nice if someone would denied those theories with numbers and facts.

mariantos

The primary thing that's "whacko" is the tone of the language surrounding those posts. They start invoking a sense of harrow and even tie it into the Bible. They use lots of jargon that's been adopted in conspiracy theory groups.

While I think it's fine for there to be some theorizing, it's always better to provide actual data that shows the conspiracy, which many posts do. Even then, the data has to be verified. For example, a high ranking member made a post about a widely circulating conspiracy and linked to data, but the data actually didn't support the conspiracy claim.

Hello, please forgive my indolence!

What in the Bible is so disturbing to you?

From your writing it appears that you feel somewhat harmed, threatened.

Be kind and explain to me what you think is wrong about God's Word and why?

As for the initial post of the operator, please do not throw poor quality bait, because there are many here who are sharks and not fish!

What are your intentions, my friend ?!

InChristAlone

In a post today about digital currency, an article was submitted which was 90% predictions about the future. One commenter invoked the Biblical figure of Jeremiah.

You act as if it's a conspiracy theory that this forum has a conspiracy theory/Qanon bent. The moderator himself is deeply Christian and is often "hear, hear!" regarding posts with conspiracy theory/spiritual tones.

The term "conspiracy theory" is a real term. It's a theory about a conspiracy.
We all have religious freedom and this is Charlie's website, so he has every right to chime in where he wants to. Freedom of speech and religion is extremely important. If religion bothers you then you can avoid topics that may invoke people to make comments about the Bible.

InChristAlone

I personally avoid topics that make me fear viruses. Which obviously has been a lot in the last couple of years. If I was bothered by conspiracy theories I would also just skip over those threads.

Palerider

1631850213615.jpg

Jon2547

Regarding @Peatogenic and @Spartan300 I don't see the two of you using precise language. If one is trying to gain traction one should avoid broad generalizations, which betray the sophomoric.

I

i_nomad

It is odd that society is trained to hear the term ‘conspiracy theory’ and, like Pavlov’s dogs, immediately respond as trained - to attempt to discredit or dismiss entirely.

Considering who are primarily the ones deciding what is conspiracy… this is what should be more concerning to you.

-Luke-

I once thought the same. But too many "conspiracy theories" turned out to be true.

pushkin

If the conspiracy theories were not talked about here, I would have no idea that people thought that way, and so it's a good thing.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals