The credibility of this forum is being's undermined by conspiracy theories

lampofred

i had not heard of this I thought vitamin D improves calcium absorption, so
even if your phosphorus intake is high, the vitamin d would help absorb more calcium.
so vitamin d improves both calcium/phosphorus absorption, so it needs to be avoided if calcium intake is poor?

Yes, mainstream research only focuses on the activated form (I think it's called 1,25 dihydroxycholecalciferol), but Peat says that form synergizes with PTH and increases prolactin. Calcium intake has to be higher than phosphate for vitamin D to not convert into the activated form (among other things as well, anything that raises PTH will increase conversion), and it is the non-activated form which has the pro-metabolic, neurosteroid-like effects.

I personally find it very hard to keep D in the non-activated form. I've felt the difference a few times... when I can tell it's not converting it feels very smooth and "stylish" but inevitably blood calcium will decrease at night or while sleeping and after that, I get the sluggish feeling of the activated form.

Lollipop2

Not the first time this is happening either. A few hypometabolic individuals have been emailing Peat since circa 2015 and keep deliberately misrepresenting what has been said here and often twist Peat's responses as well. When Peat responds in a (initially) cautious and balanced manner they literally take specific words out of his sentences and string together a new sentence that he actually never said, and present it as his own. That long list of back and forth that was posted above between Peat and somebody else, is almost entirely the work of a single person. Just reading Peat's responses, it is quite obvious that whoever asked him those questions was basically taunting him, mostly with gossip/rumors. The question in regards to DHT is especially telling. I am not aware of any post on this forum where anybody has said Peat has been taking DHT regularly and loved its results. So, to frame the question to him in such a fashion is a clear attempt to manipulate him or at least rile him up. I mean, if a person really wants just answers and not to stir pointless trouble, even if they find something on the forum erroneously ascribed to him, the question sent to Peat should probably be "Hey Dr. Peat, what do you think about DHT? There is some information online that suggests it may be safer than testosterone, and I wanted to hear your take on whether it may be beneficial to supplement with it or if pregnenolone/progesterone/DHEA are sufficient." Certainly not, "Hey Dr. Peat, people on a forum are saying you've been loading up on DHT and you really liked the results!"
Oh well, I guess having such subversive/immature elements in a community of 11K+ individuals is unavoidable...
+1000

Eberhardt

Perfect! I often wonder how many people complaining about the Ray Peat recommendations really ate their weekly 6 ounces of liver and weekly oysters, and cut out ALL starches and didn't pop suppliments?
Last time I heard him comment about the amount of liver he actually said a couple of ounces only, maybe a couple of times amount :PP

mrchibbs

The credibility of the forum is stronger and more grounded in truth then it ever was.

I love these threads because it squeezes out the Peat cultists like a ripe zit. What the cultists do not realize is that the base of this forum operates under the "Perceive, think, act" rhelm and we think for ourselves. While we do listen and respect what Peat has to say, and a lot of what he says is spot on, we do not make him out to be a god like the cultists do. Some of us like to bask in vitamin C, while others take a progesterone other then progest-e, and others eat avacodo's. The authoritarian cultists cant stand that.

Donald Trump GIF by GIPHY News

On point!

And actually I personally would rather have a forum with ''out there'' conspiracy theories (a great deal which have turned out to be true) as opposed to a sterile vision of what being inspired by Ray Peat is supposed to mean.

Ray is on his path, and every individual on here is the same. He's not a god, and I think his life experience has given him a specific (if very illuminating) view of the world. He's a shining light in the darkness, but everybody has to develop their own sense of agency.

Having a forum where people can expand on ideas and theories, even those deemed far-fetched, is the opposite of the current state of the world and even most people's home environment (many of us are not fortunate enough to live in relatively free places like some US states or scandinavia).

Being able to make sense of the world, and explore conspiracies (even if they turn out to be incorrect) is profoundly therapeutic and healing, and gives sense and meaning in an era where most people are pushed towards delusion or learned helplessness.

Moreover, I think many would be startled at some of the things Ray says in certain interviews. His perspective, lifestyle and day-to-day actions are much more fluid and varied than the simplistic version that is often depicted.

Thanks! And a cordial hello to you as well. I have changed a lot over the years. I never left the forum but my interest in engaging has been up and down. I left Facebook and Instagram a few months ago so I have way way more free time now haha.

Finding God has been about finding myself as he is within me and gives me the strength to keep going.

I am happy if this relationship with God is working for you (not at all being cynical).

May I cautiously ask, was the primary driver for your metamorphosis becoming pregnant/ having children/ embracing motherhood?

mrchibbs

Nah, OP has a point though, I’ve read some crazy ***t on here lol

what's crazy is the state of the world right now, not the stuff people say on this forum

mrchibbs

No way conspiracy theories here are any worse than the conspiracy theories CNN or the NY Times push.

At the very least, no one here is willfully engaging in propaganda.

InChristAlone

I am happy if this relationship with God is working for you (not at all being cynical).

May I cautiously ask, was the primary driver for your metamorphosis becoming pregnant/ having children/ embracing motherhood?
No, actually becoming a Mother was when I strayed very far from myself and my toxic shame grew and grew. I was raised in the protestant church so I've always known God.

Good job on taking the bait, everyone.

OP is a hard troll who just started an inflammatory thread and crawled back to his hole. I don't see him taking part in any actual discussion here.

yerrag

At the very least, no one here is willfully engaging in propaganda.
I can say this is an impregnable fortress. There have been attempts.

Since this forum will never catch the attention of the woolly-eyed masses, it is no threat to the authoritarians. And is left alone. You are only feared when you become powerful. In eyeballs and in mindshare, to them this forum is a pushover, and it's a good thing.

GuyLivingman

I come here irregularly but whenever I want to know more about some nutrition-related thing this is the first site I check in on.
If the site became heavily censored I’d stop coming back.

If a thread isn’t your cup of tea, skip it. There’s too much gold in the comments to limit it.

Peater Piper

I really don't care about alternative theories, but I certainly visit this place a lot less than I used to for other reasons. There's some interesting nuggets to glean which is why I still stop in from time to time, but it's a pretty typical forum in many regards, espousing open mindedness while believing in certain things with very little supportive evidence and attacking those who disagree. It's probably best just to read Peat's articles directly, share results with others here, and avoid all of the extra-curricular topics.

nomoreketones

I really don't care about alternative theories, but I certainly visit this place a lot less than I used to for other reasons. There's some interesting nuggets to glean which is why I still stop in from time to time, but it's a pretty typical forum in many regards, espousing open mindedness while believing in certain things with very little supportive evidence and attacking those who disagree. It's probably best just to read Peat's articles directly, share results with others here, and avoid all of the extra-curricular topics.
Obviously if this forum doesn't float your boat don't visit unless you feel like it.

Of course this forum has something like an Overton window where people will be attacked if they stray outside the window as all forums that have ever existed do. I don't like that either but it is built into human nature. As far as I know, people don't get kicked out of this forum for Wrong Think they only get attacked in posts so I consider that a win. I love to see people with outrageous opinions allowed to express their outrageous opinions without being banned.

mrchibbs

Regina

Obviously if this forum doesn't float your boat don't visit unless you feel like it.

Of course this forum has something like an Overton window where people will be attacked if they stray outside the window as all forums that have ever existed do. I don't like that either but it is built into human nature. As far as I know, people don't get kicked out of this forum for Wrong Think they only get attacked in posts so I consider that a win. I love to see people with outrageous opinions allowed to express their outrageous opinions without being banned.
For sure. I never heard of a maunder minimum, or that the big bang theory might not be true and a neutrino sea. Fantastic place to be exposed to new things (to me) too explore. I never stop thinking about so many things I have read here.

P

Peatness

Clearly there isn’t enough conspiracy on the forum just theory. Let’s fix that

Redefining Slavery, Free Will, and what it means to be Human w/ Celeste Solum Pt. 1 starts at 11mins in​

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/wjwzpMEgv39j/

Redefining Slavery, Free Will, and what it means to be Human w/ Celeste Solum Pt. 2​

View: https://www.bitchute.com/video/ytT2ZKHrjzce/

Note what she says about ‘language’ at the end of the part 2

All spiracies can be found here

mariantos

Above the captain to his right is a bottle of corona , above his left shoulder is an image that represents a virus, and in the lower left you can see a mask!

0_Marvel.jpg

Is the film from 2011 or 2012, coincidence or pre-programming or conspiracy theory?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals