The best thing the raypeat forums has ever offered me was LIVER

TomS

@Mauritio
Leberwurst is fine. I usually buy it in Aldi-Süd or Kaufland, as they are the nearest shops to my rent.

reaching

I crave liver a couple times per month. Don't feel any perceivable difference with or without it, but I figure it is beneficial due to richness of nutrients.
I don’t eat it often either. Only when I crave it.
chicken liver pork liver doesn’t do anything. Even raw (not pork)
Beef liver cooked also doesn’t do anything for me but raw beef liver, even if previously frozen, is almost like an energy shot when I crave it.
I almost get a half chub I feel so good. But if I eat if frequently, then that effect goes away.

OccamzRazer

Perhaps liver's taste varies depending on how much you need its nutrients. That's def the case for me.

Ell

Sounds like vitamin a overload.
No problem. All the studies on vit. A overload were performed on iodine-deficient subjects who were also sub-clinical with hypoascorbemia and over half were deficient in copper, among a few other deficiencies. So I don't know.... do those results apply to me ? Life is different, when one is sufficient I suppose :) But one thing is for sure, that the cells in all my epithelia totally love me. Then again, who doesn't ? hahahaha

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

No problem. All the studies on vit. A overload were performed on iodine-deficient subjects who were also sub-clinical with hypoascorbemia and over half were deficient in copper, among a few other deficiencies. So I don't know.... do those results apply to me ? Life is different, when one is sufficient I suppose :) But one thing is for sure, that the cells in all my epithelia totally love me. Then again, who doesn't ? hahahaha
I only get vitamin A overload symptoms from supplements not liver.

I've got a newfound love for liver as well @GorillaHead the best thing I've discovered for sure. Makes me think of the things I liked before having to make diet changes too, like haggis and black pudding. Taken some out of the freezer yesterday for dinner tonight and this thread has already got me hungry. When I think back to seeing my dad eat it just boiled up and horrible when I was a kid, to me cooking it and enjoying it now, it seems world's apart. Easily my favourite food all of a sudden. Keep enjoying yours too!

Ell

same here
same here
Same here as well. Its essentially impossible to OD on Vit. A from natural sources, because you get filled up with the good food (Liver) you're eating and then you quit eating. Haha, one way I mess with ppl's minds is by stating: "There is no Vitamin A in vegetables". It is a true statement but ppl have been led to believe otherwise, lol.

清貴杉山

Same here as well. Its essentially impossible to OD on Vit. A from natural sources, because you get filled up with the good food (Liver) you're eating and then you quit eating. Haha, one way I mess with ppl's minds is by stating: "There is no Vitamin A in vegetables". It is a true statement but ppl have been led to believe otherwise, lol.
and liver is the most intuitive food in that matter,its really hard to overdo,i have a limit of liver i crave and can eat,no more than 250grams,you get automaticly full

Ell

and liver is the most intuitive food in that matter,its really hard to overdo,i have a limit of liver i crave and can eat,no more than 250grams,you get automaticly full
Yeah, we'are lucky, our bodies are smarter than our brains ! Haha, it is sooooo amazing, eating real and nutritious foods, that I need to eat soooo very little. I bet I eat less than half of what the "average" person eats in terms of mass of food. It is an easy math equation, when the food is higher in nutrients, you need less of it. It seems clear, that people who eat a LOT of food, are eating nutrition-depleted food. That is why they always seem to need to eat more and more, their bodies are craving nutrition. Give it that nutrition, and it won't want to eat so much. Simple !

HumanLife

Liver is amazing, but I can only stand eating fresh rabbit liver. I have tried beef liver, which I can stomach if it's fresh enough and with some vegetables and milk, but not enough to make me look forward to eating it. Pork liver is more tolerable, but still not enough for me. The best liver is the plate of rabbit liver some restaurants sell around here. They're fried in plenty of oil, but the taste and enjoyment is there, as well as the nutrition. My urine turns green too, which I have only ever gotten from vitamin pills! There is no other food that resulted in such a colour, which can only prove that the high nutritional content of liver is true.

Nomane Euger

Liver is amazing, but I can only stand eating fresh rabbit liver. I have tried beef liver, which I can stomach if it's fresh enough and with some vegetables and milk, but not enough to make me look forward to eating it. Pork liver is more tolerable, but still not enough for me. The best liver is the plate of rabbit liver some restaurants sell around here. They're fried in plenty of oil, but the taste and enjoyment is there, as well as the nutrition. My urine turns green too, which I have only ever gotten from vitamin pills! There is no other food that resulted in such a colour, which can only prove that the high nutritional content of liver is true.
how does your urine turning green prove the igh nutritional value of rabbit liver?

Old Irenaeus

Now I prepare it this way, thanks to someone's tip on the forum. I get some butter sizzling hot in a frying pan. Then I sautee it very quickly so that there's a slight touch of pink in the middle when I take it off. About a minute per side. Maybe less. It tastes delicious. No onion. No lemon. No cooking it to death.

HumanLife

how does your urine turning green prove the igh nutritional value of rabbit liver?
I would only ever get urine of such a color after taking a multivitamin or B-Complex. I guess from the mix of B-Vitamins excreted from excess.

清貴杉山

Now I prepare it this way, thanks to someone's tip on the forum. I get some butter sizzling hot in a frying pan. Then I sautee it very quickly so that there's a slight touch of pink in the middle when I take it off. About a minute per side. Maybe less. It tastes delicious. No onion. No lemon. No cooking it to death.
if i cook it i do it with this way too,as a chef i always look a lot for taste and textures,but never letting the nutrition go to waste

Quelsatron

I've gotten headaches and fatigue from eating liver during spring, I'm hesitant about trying it again because I started feeling better once I stopped, but I also had this insane burst of dopamine energy preceding that decline so I'm still tempted to have some.

I can recommend just frying it rare if you want some but don't want to bother with paté, it's pretty good.

Nomane Euger

I've gotten headaches and fatigue from eating liver during spring, I'm hesitant about trying it again because I started feeling better once I stopped, but I also had this insane burst of dopamine energy preceding that decline so I'm still tempted to have some.

I can recommend just frying it rare if you want some but don't want to bother with paté, it's pretty good.
did you appreciate the taste of these liver that gave you headaches and fatigues?

youngsinatra

For a long time I really benefitted from daily grass-fed beef liver consumption (1-3 oz.) and it really helped with my temperature, libido, overall energy. Then after about a year of doing so, there came a time, where beef liver signifanctly worsened my health, especially my mental health.

I began to have slowly increasingly anxiety, paranoia, psychotic distortions, ringing in ears, vertigo, inability to reach orgasm, upper neck pain, heavy body hair growth, insomnia, overstimulated mind while being fatigued, inability to sit still and thoughts of grandeur.

I found out that I probably have zinc-copper dysregulation with unopposed high copper.

I still cannot tolerate liver anymore, even 10g is sufficient to bring on psychological symptoms. I am doing well on lots of zinc-rich red meat and even zinc supplementation.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals