The best thing the raypeat forums has ever offered me was LIVER

Nomane Euger

I suppose people have been eating raw liver, since even before the invention of fire...... :) Its highly valued in most cultures. But in the US, the TV doesn't tell people to do it. So very few do.
more enjoyable mildly cooked on the outside layer less than a millimeter,and to not remove the thin layer of transparent skin on the liver,it will cook differently

清貴杉山

Something on the order of about 17% of total fat in beef liver is arachidonic acid, a very powerful PUFA. I enjoy liver nearly every day, raw, because the enzymes are magic if you don't destroy them by heating.
same here,for all the people saying liver taste bad its probably a low quality one or super old not fresh,i bought fresh cut liver and taste fricking amazing raw and cooked

OP
GorillaHead

GorillaHead

more enjoyable mildly cooked on the outside layer less than a millimeter,and to not remove the thin layer of transparent skin on the liver,it will cook differently
As long as its fresh and prepared correctly i imagine raw would be safe.

i tried lamb liver and found it lacking flavor. Beef liver is my go to, lots of native tribes eat beef liver it seems and some of these tribes appear to be quite healthy.
I personally was suffering from dandruff for so long even with liver. But Eventually i just kept up the liver and over time the dandruff conpletely disappeared. Id say it took almost 3 months for this to happen.

Skin seems to take a while to get better.

清貴杉山

Right! Its not the same getting separate vitamins. The liver itself seems to provide way more
i never was a fan of supplements like most people here,i prefer to get super nutrient dense foods with the matrix of nutrients as a whole,you cant reply liver in any way tbh.i think i will look for some liver this week,been craving it,raw is pretty safe if fresh,and cooked in butter with some onions is super tasty,whats your side dish for liver?i do it mostly with white rice

Ell

if you put sesame oil and salt on raw liver, you will be oh so happy. top with some chives and you will be happy. don't go crazy with the sesame oil yeah i iknow pufa mrah mrah mrah.
oooo, sesame oil, now you're talking ! The un-toasted kind, of course. Combined with raw liver, we're talking about some seriously-potent stuff here !!

Vins7

I suppose people have been eating raw liver, since even before the invention of fire...... :) Its highly valued in most cultures. But in the US, the TV doesn't tell people to do it. So very few do.
What about parasites due to eating It raw?

You can always freeze it first before eating to kill everything. They say 14 days to kill all parasites etc but I have read just a day or two is enough.

No matter how hard I try I cannot bring myself to liking liver. The best I can do is tolerable enough to consume.

A few ways I have found it more tolerable are making a patte with huge amounts of butter and onions in the mixture, but then I can only enjoy it on sourdough bread which I try to minimise. Another dish is chicken livers coated in egg mixture, fried in butter and onions. Another method that is quite popular is a smoothie with just 20-40g of frozen liver, milk, honey, egg yolk, fruit/berries, etc. If you drink it down in one go the liver flavour is typically hidden. I have tried the small chunks of liver swallowed like pills but I always get digestive issues when I do that.

As long as its fresh and prepared correctly i imagine raw would be safe.

i tried lamb liver and found it lacking flavor. Beef liver is my go to, lots of native tribes eat beef liver it seems and some of these tribes appear to be quite healthy.
I personally was suffering from dandruff for so long even with liver. But Eventually i just kept up the liver and over time the dandruff conpletely disappeared. Id say it took almost 3 months for this to happen.

Skin seems to take a while to get better.
How much liver were you consuming when you experienced these benefits?

Ell

You can always freeze it first before eating to kill everything. They say 14 days to kill all parasites etc but I have read just a day or two is enough.

No matter how hard I try I cannot bring myself to liking liver. The best I can do is tolerable enough to consume.

A few ways I have found it more tolerable are making a patte with huge amounts of butter and onions in the mixture, but then I can only enjoy it on sourdough bread which I try to minimise. Another dish is chicken livers coated in egg mixture, fried in butter and onions. Another method that is quite popular is a smoothie with just 20-40g of frozen liver, milk, honey, egg yolk, fruit/berries, etc. If you drink it down in one go the liver flavour is typically hidden. I have tried the small chunks of liver swallowed like pills but I always get digestive issues when I do that.

Carrot juice + raw liver + Osterizer -------- Frappe' . First I heat 12 ounces of carrot juice to about 105 degrees F. Then I blend the liver in with it, in the blender. Then I maintain it at body temp for about 15 mins, and finally guzzle it down. Carotenoids + Liver enzymes ------> Abscisins !!

Ben.

Carrot juice + raw liver + Osterizer -------- Frappe' . First I heat 12 ounces of carrot juice to about 105 degrees F. Then I blend the liver in with it, in the blender. Then I maintain it at body temp for about 15 mins, and finally guzzle it down. Carotenoids + Liver enzymes ------> Abscisins !!

Sounds like vitamin a overload.

清貴杉山

freezing it you kill the enzimes and kinda a lot of nutrition,raw liver must be fresh,otherwise cook it if you are a afraid of wooo waaa woo worms

GreekDemiGod

I crave liver a couple times per month. Don't feel any perceivable difference with or without it, but I figure it is beneficial due to richness of nutrients.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals