Sicker Than Ever, Finding It Hard To Research Effectively

OP
Zpol

Zpol

are ur bowels moving? whats ur prolactin or estrogen

I am able to have b.m.'s once per day by using 1600mg of aged Cascara Sagrada, or I take rubarb and aloe latex. These supp's are getting me by in that regard but I am completely reliant on them and the don't really do the job effectively all the time.

I haven't had prolactin checked in a while. Last time was three yrs ago, it was 13.4 ng/mL. I haven't had estrogen checked recently either but I have a dx of estrogen dominance by my doctor so presumably it is high. Progest-e didn't really work for me but Progestelle is making a noticable difference in my PCOS symptoms.

I am able to have b.m.'s once per day by using 1600mg of aged Cascara Sagrada, or I take rubarb and aloe latex. These supp's are getting me by in that regard but I am completely reliant on them and the don't really do the job effectively all the time.

I haven't had prolactin checked in a while. Last time was three yrs ago, it was 13.4 ng/mL. I haven't had estrogen checked recently either but I have a dx of estrogen dominance by my doctor so presumably it is high. Progest-e didn't really work for me but Progestelle is making a noticable difference in my PCOS symptoms.

oh, have u thought about fiber? im starting to question the use of fiber because the thought is that fiber causes "endotoxin" buildup according to ray peat principles or builds bacteria or something, but if you are in a constipated state, u cant really get out of it with only ray peat stuff if you are in bad shape. you will use coffee or milk or whatever, then end up worse and feeling worse. then everyone is like, durr its food sensitivities, but i never really thought this was the problem, it really feels more about clearing your entire system out.

did u know fiber will pull estrogen out of the body, so if u are hypothyroid, how can u expect your body to handle estrogen? it really cant i always notice i have estrogen increases when my bowels arent moving. we know constipation is a result of hypothyroidism.

here's something ray said on fiber:

Thyroid, sodium, magnesium, and potassium work together to regulate water. Laxatives, such as cascara sagrada, and fiber (raw carrots or cooked mushrooms, oat bran, bamboo shoots), are necessary when thyroid function is low, and will help with water retention.

High-fiber diet reduces serum estrogen concentrations in premenopausal women | The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition | Oxford Academic

The effect of dietary fiber on serum estrogen concentrations was studied in 62 premenopausal women. Their estimated daily dietary fiber intake was increased from an average of ∼ 15 g to 30 g/d by supplementation with wheat, oat, or corn bran. This was done without any significant decrease in dietary fat consumption. After 2 mo on the high-fiber diets, the wheat-bran-supplemented group showed significant reductions in serum estrone (P < 0.002) and estradiol (P< 0.02) but no change in serum progesterone or sex-hormone-binding globulin concentrations. The serum estrogens were unaffected by dietary-fiber supplementation with oat or corn brans. Am J Clin Nutr1991;54:520-5.

The effect of dietary fat and fiber on serum estrogen concentrations in premenopausal women under controlled dietary conditions. - PubMed - NCBI
The effect of dietary fiber and fat on serum sex hormones was studied in premenopausal women. After an initial control period during which the diet was high in fat (40% of calories as fat) and low in fiber (12 g/day), the amounts of fat and fiber were varied in the setting of a metabolic kitchen and carefully monitored meals. Forty-eight women completed 58 protocols. When the diet was changed to low-fat (20-25% calories as fat) and high fiber (40 g/day), there were significant decreases in serum concentrations of estrone, estrone sulfate, testosterone, androstenedione, and sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG) and near significant decreases in estradiol and free estradiol. When independent effects were examined, high fiber alone caused a decrease in estradiol and SHBG, whereas fat and fiber caused the observed decrease in estrone sulfate. Dietary fat independently influenced the serum concentration of androstenedione. Increased dietary fiber caused a lengthening of the menstrual cycle by 0.72 day and a lengthening of the follicular phase by 0.85 day.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thyroid, sodium, magnesium, and potassium work together to regulate water. Laxatives, such as cascara sagrada, and fiber (raw carrots or cooked mushrooms, oat bran, bamboo shoots), are necessary when thyroid function is low, and will help with water retention.

I find some fiber like oranges and mangoes do really help but I have a hard time finding ripe ones. I do eat a raw carrot everyday and often eat applesauce but these don't make a noticeable difference. Plus i have gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) so high bulk foods fill me up too fast, only after a couple bites). Mushrooms and all other high fiber foods just cause gassiness and bloating unfortunately. Grains and supplemental fiber are out because they trigger autoimmune flare-ups (I found this out via an elimination diet). I have a "big, floppy" colon according to my GI doc, so I would think having more bulk to my diet would help, but even when I was raw vegan (this was 10 yrs ago), eating lbs of fruit and green smoothies per day, I was still constipated. I've also tried high fat diets but ended up with gallbladder issues and subsequently GERD worsened. I've been taking Ovasitol (an inositol supplement) which seems to help. Thanks though. I keep looking for more options that will help peristalsis without exasperating my other GI issues.

akgrrrl

Yay! We do not have a smart meter.

I'm taking Levothyroxine 50mcg 6 days per week (one dose in the morning) and Liothyronine 10mcg (split, 5 mcg morning and evening). My temps and pulses indicate my thyroid is ok, as does my bloodwork. I used to take Rx prescription (Naturthroid) natural desiccated thyroid but became dangerously hyperthyroid (lost 20lbs, looked like Skelator, and my eyes and mouth felt like sandpaper, a nightmare). My thyroid issues are delicate, the slightest bit of stress and it gets out of whack.

OH Zpol I am so glad you added this comment. Same reaction for me@Naturthroid except for weight loss, but mostly what feels relevant to anyone who determines they are hypothyroid (with a myriad of symptoms from which to connect the dots!) is your observation (so helpful) that "the slightest bit of stress and it gets out of whack"....I am vibrating with resonance. Thank you.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Yea, @akgrrrl it's the truth. I determined this based off biometrics (temps and pulses) and bloodwork... my thyriod issues/symptoms become unpredictable when in stressful situations. It happens so fast!
I can't always avoid the stressful situations but I'm finding ways to preemptively mitigate the effects they have on me. Pranayama breathing has been huge in that regard.
It's good to have someone to relate to on this!

akgrrrl

Yea, @akgrrrl it's the truth. I determined this based off biometrics (temps and pulses) and bloodwork... my thyriod issues/symptoms become unpredictable when in stressful situations. It happens so fast!
I can't always avoid the stressful situations but I'm finding ways to preemptively mitigate the effects they have on me. Pranayama breathing has been huge in that regard.
It's good to have someone to relate to on this!

Right on...But don't think I've figured that all out completely. I just know that I can fritz out from neural over-stim and be in bed the whole next day. Today is also a good example: first gorgeous days we've had, sun out, baby birds singing, and I am in bed because I had company which took every ounce of my attention. I didn't get to sit and decompress, I didn't get to sleep until late, and we talked intensely for hours. I am drained beyond comprehension. I should at least get outside and get my feet on the earth while its not raining, but I don't want to move. Pre-emptive mitigation is great, except when you want to live...

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Today is also a good example: first gorgeous days we've had, sun out, baby birds singing, and I am in bed because I had company which took every ounce of my attention. I didn't get to sit and decompress, I didn't get to sleep until late, and we talked intensely for hours. I am drained beyond comprehension. I should at least get outside and get my feet on the earth while its not raining, but I don't want to move. Pre-emptive mitigation is great, except when you want to live...

OMG... are you me?! ...I spent the entire day today at home for the same exact reason. My sister and niece are in town visiting, and all day we had places to go and things to do and zero time in between to chill. I'm spent... but they are all off doing it all again today. I too sat at home today, thinking I should get out there and at least get some sun but I didn't.
Breathing techniques help but you can't just do it continually or you feel like dissociated, I hear that. I guess we have to try to find a balance somehow. If we keep searching we'll find answers, that's how the universe works IMHO.

I find some fiber like oranges and mangoes do really help but I have a hard time finding ripe ones. I do eat a raw carrot everyday and often eat applesauce but these don't make a noticeable difference. Plus i have gastroparesis (delayed stomach emptying) so high bulk foods fill me up too fast, only after a couple bites). Mushrooms and all other high fiber foods just cause gassiness and bloating unfortunately. Grains and supplemental fiber are out because they trigger autoimmune flare-ups (I found this out via an elimination diet). I have a "big, floppy" colon according to my GI doc, so I would think having more bulk to my diet would help, but even when I was raw vegan (this was 10 yrs ago), eating lbs of fruit and green smoothies per day, I was still constipated. I've also tried high fat diets but ended up with gallbladder issues and subsequently GERD worsened. I've been taking Ovasitol (an inositol supplement) which seems to help. Thanks though. I keep looking for more options that will help peristalsis without exasperating my other GI issues.

carrots have like 1 gram of fiber in them.... im talking more like at least 20 or 25 grams a day... you can hit it with cooked dark green veggies in the mix... if you are constipated... then estrogen is constantly being recycled in the body and not getting out..

OP
Zpol

Zpol

cooked dark green veggies in the mix

True that. However, I've got this pesky gastroparesis and can only consume about a cup of food every 3 or 4 hours (that's the capacity of my stomach), and most of that needs to be protein. This were things get tricky for me. My lower guts want bulk but my higher guts want dense foods. It's literally a bottle neck situation.

True that. However, I've got this pesky gastroparesis and can only consume about a cup of food every 3 or 4 hours (that's the capacity of my stomach), and most of that needs to be protein. This were things get tricky for me. My lower guts want bulk but my higher guts want dense foods. It's literally a bottle neck situation.

if u actually have that, this will cure it https://www.amazon.com/Somatics-Reawakening-Control-Movement-Flexibility/dp/0738209570?tag=rapefo-20

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Wow thanks!! Yes I would like a "supple, healthy body indefinitely,"
This book looks very interesting. I'll look into it tonight. Thank you!

"If" I do have it is an interesting way to put it. I have the diagnosis , but it is but another name for another symptom of whatever the primary (upstream) disfunction is.
Thank you @mayweatherking

akgrrrl

OMG... are you me?! ...I spent the entire day today at home for the same exact reason. My sister and niece are in town visiting, and all day we had places to go and things to do and zero time in between to chill. I'm spent... but they are all off doing it all again today. I too sat at home today, thinking I should get out there and at least get some sun but I didn't.
Breathing techniques help but you can't just do it continually or you feel like dissociated, I hear that. I guess we have to try to find a balance somehow. If we keep searching we'll find answers, that's how the universe works IMHO.

Interesting to me that you mention breath work or maybe even lengthy meditation? for that disassociation. I have a different sitch, in that I live very isolated in AK. I often find myself disassociated in many ways, year around. Thus, when I do have a live human in front of me, I'm like, frothing at the mouth with 25cent words and never take a breath..Haaaah. After discovering Peats work and then this forum, lurking for some whiles, I am ever so grateful for all the members and their amazing body of knowledge. All the best, AKgrrrl

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Thus, when I do have a live human in front of me, I'm like, frothing at the mouth with 25cent words and never take a breath..Haaaah
I'm not quite so isolated as you but I'm pretty isolated in comparison to most people I know. I can relate to your situation when it comes to interaction with other people (I'm great with cats however!). I know I have tendancies to hold my breath, tense up, and generally feel un-relaxed around other people, even my grandparents, just anyone. Im thinking that is why I get so exhausted just hanging out with my family. Also, I know tgat I don't want people to notice that I'm having pain or discomfort because I don't want them to worry or pity me. I hope the breath work helps in this matter and also hope that if I do it enough it will become second nature, no conscious effort needed. .. If that makes sense.

akgrrrl

I'm not quite so isolated as you but I'm pretty isolated in comparison to most people I know. I can relate to your situation when it comes to interaction with other people (I'm great with cats however!). I know I have tendancies to hold my breath, tense up, and generally feel un-relaxed around other people, even my grandparents, just anyone. Im thinking that is why I get so exhausted just hanging out with my family. Also, I know tgat I don't want people to notice that I'm having pain or discomfort because I don't want them to worry or pity me. I hope the breath work helps in this matter and also hope that if I do it enough it will become second nature, no conscious effort needed. .. If that makes sense.

I think that is an accurate assessment of how we ameliorate and adapt to pain, suffering, and miscellaneous abject misery. Your comfort with cats is as it is with having dogs: animals are not judgemental. Nor do they inflict pain with intent or other acts of deliberate chicanery. A relief to be in their presence for you, as social interactions require so much more energy to determine motive, hidden meanings or unspoken agendas. Here, kitty kitty.

Texon

I think that is an accurate assessment of how we ameliorate and adapt to pain, suffering, and miscellaneous abject misery. Your comfort with cats is as it is with having dogs: animals are not judgemental. Nor do they inflict pain with intent or other acts of deliberate chicanery. A relief to be in their presence for you, as social interactions require so much more energy to determine motive, hidden meanings or unspoken agendas. Here, kitty kitty.
New comment to an older thread...if you are still way out of kilter...try low dose naltrexone (titrate slowly). You can get the 50mg prescription for nothing and dilute as needed in well filtered or distilled water to suit your situation (see protocol attached)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2dX_cwmLmcBpvVlcGuZmzN
....then get a good quality organic tart cherry juice concentrate..consume liberally...has all the benefits of aspirin and much more IMHO...be very cautious about b1 deficiency if consuming a lot of sugar/carbs it is pernicious and more widespread than we know...finally try to chill as much as possible due to the detrimental impact of worry and anxiety. If any of this helps please reply. God bless you!

OP
Zpol

Zpol

New comment to an older thread...if you are still way out of kilter...try low dose naltrexone (titrate slowly). You can get the 50mg prescription for nothing and dilute as needed in well filtered or distilled water to suit your situation (see protocol attached)
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://ldnresearchtrust.org/sites/default/files/Dr%20Deanna%20Windham%202013%20LDN%20Conference.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwi0qMTv-p3gAhUCXa0KHeojAC8QFjADegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw2dX_cwmLmcBpvVlcGuZmzN
....then get a good quality organic tart cherry juice concentrate..consume liberally...has all the benefits of aspirin and much more IMHO...be very cautious about b1 deficiency if consuming a lot of sugar/carbs it is pernicious and more widespread than we know...finally try to chill as much as possible due to the detrimental impact of worry and anxiety. If any of this helps please reply. God bless you!

I didn't know that about tart cherry juice, I love cherries so this would be doable. Thanks!
LDN is something I will need to research more. I read somewhere it is a COX2 inhibitor and COX 2 is needed for epithelial cells regeneration in the stomach lining. I haven't validated that info yet, I will have to do some deeper research.
Thank you for these tips! I really appreciate it, I'm so glad for all the info people share on tgth forum.

The EMFs are another factor for sure. Although, I don't really notice a direct effect from them like if I'm camping up north vs being in the city, I'm equally sick. It's probably a more cumulative effect for me so I'm taking care of the top of my list first and I'll get to blocking off my smart meter this summer (my power company refuses to switch it so I'm going to have to have to block it somehow). I do take measures currently including limited phone and laptop use, no electronics in my room when I sleep, stopped using hairdryers, electric toothbrushes, headphones (I only use speaker mode when I do use my phone), etc.

Douglas Ek

I didn't know that about tart cherry juice, I love cherries so this would be doable. Thanks!
LDN is something I will need to research more. I read somewhere it is a COX2 inhibitor and COX 2 is needed for epithelial cells regeneration in the stomach lining. I haven't validated that info yet, I will have to do some deeper research.
Thank you for these tips! I really appreciate it, I'm so glad for all the info people share on tgth forum.

The EMFs are another factor for sure. Although, I don't really notice a direct effect from them like if I'm camping up north vs being in the city, I'm equally sick. It's probably a more cumulative effect for me so I'm taking care of the top of my list first and I'll get to blocking off my smart meter this summer (my power company refuses to switch it so I'm going to have to have to block it somehow). I do take measures currently including limited phone and laptop use, no electronics in my room when I sleep, stopped using hairdryers, electric toothbrushes, headphones (I only use speaker mode when I do use my phone), etc.

Have you tested your iron parameters? Serum iron? Ferritin? Hemoglobin? If so what was your Numbers and when was this last checked?

Soren

Forum Supporter
This might seem like an odd suggestion and probably will only be marginally helpful but have you ever had a deep tissue massage on your upper back and neck?

Muscle tension can be so tight that it causes headaches and light headnesess.

akgrrrl

+1 said the massage therapist who applies aromatic botanicals to the spine and believes relief is All About The Fascia, human touch, and intent.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals