New to the forum, about 10 months into implementing bioenergetic lifestyle.

hcrans64

Hey there! I am a long time believer that finding the root cause of ailments was a vastly better approach than treating symptoms with various drugs. I had a lot of success with low-carb and intermittent low-carb (specifically Carb-Nite by John Kiefer) about 10 years back. But it was just too difficult to stick with fully. I had tried to go relatively low carb with way too much junk food cheating for many years. Eventually I started to accumulate a bunch of health problems... Low energy, snoring, sleep apnea (wife diagnosed only :P), really bad seasonal allergies, trouble breathing through my nose, fatty liver, cold feet, weight gain, foot fungus, psoriasis, high blood pressure, and hair loss. A functional chiropractor guessed that I was hypothyroid and that was causing a bunch of my issues.

Through that I found Josh at EastWestHealing's youtube page while searching psoriasis hypothyroid. That piqued my interest because I figured that there was a good chance all or most of my issues were related. That led me to eventually find Jay Feldman and Mike Fave's podcast. The first improvements once I started implementing their suggestions was a major improvement in energy levels and easier nose breathing. That led to better sleep and less snoring as well. Unfortunately my Psoriasis actually got worse, and my blood pressure never really changed. I have been sticking with it though because I know all of my problems didn't show up overnight, and the fixes would also take time. When May came around, I kept waiting for my allergies to come and knock me off my feet like they usually do, but they never did!

Overall all I have been feeling amazing. Still struggling with psoriasis and blood pressure though. I recently started taking aspirin and Dr. Bergs D3 mct oil supplement with K2 and vitamin E, but haven't noticed any change with that really. I will probably switch to IdeaLab's K2 supplement when I am out of that to see if it has a more noticeable impact. I also, per @haidut 's suggestion to google "taurine blood pressure" have started taking Taurine about a week ago and switched to taking aspirin at night. It seems to be doing something because I have had some really vivid dreams and wake up with noticeably warm feet and hands. No major impact on blood pressure yet, but I am optimistic.

Excited to continue my journey with a community here on the forum.

God bless!

Last edited:

Korven

:welcome

Psoriasis seems to be linked to gut issues, more specifically endotoxemia and/or bile deficiency.

Dr Haines Ely treated his psoriatic patients with a combo of 1. bile acids to detoxify endotoxin, 2. avoidance of hot peppers and alcohol (major gut permeability triggers) and 3. quercetin and Bioflavonoids (to reduce leaky gut). Here is a study he authored: Is psoriasis a bowel disease? Successful treatment with bile acids and bioflavonoids suggests it is - PubMed. He also thought it was important to remove pathogenic bacteria like H pylori and strep pyogenes, I think he used azithromycin for that?

Just throwing out some ideas!

Avoiding hot peppers (and maybe all nightshades) is a relatively easy diet modification that seems to help many with psoriasis. And if that doesn't help much maybe look into supplementing with bile acid salts and/or antibiotics to reduce endotoxin.

OP
hcrans64

hcrans64

:welcome

Psoriasis seems to be linked to gut issues, more specifically endotoxemia and/or bile deficiency.

Dr Haines Ely treated his psoriatic patients with a combo of 1. bile acids to detoxify endotoxin, 2. avoidance of hot peppers and alcohol (major gut permeability triggers) and 3. quercetin and Bioflavonoids (to reduce leaky gut). Here is a study he authored: Is psoriasis a bowel disease? Successful treatment with bile acids and bioflavonoids suggests it is - PubMed. He also thought it was important to remove pathogenic bacteria like H pylori and strep pyogenes, I think he used azithromycin for that?

Just throwing out some ideas!

Avoiding hot peppers (and maybe all nightshades) is a relatively easy diet modification that seems to help many with psoriasis. And if that doesn't help much maybe look into supplementing with bile acid salts and/or antibiotics to reduce endotoxin.
Interesting. Thanks for the info/tips. I am curious if the Taurine will help because of it's affect on bile production. I have never noticed an issue with hot peppers though will try to take notice of it now. Dairy is my main trigger. I want to try raw milk but haven't yet. I also want to see if potatoes are also triggering it, but am loving well cooked baked potatoes with butter, honey, and salt, so not willing to give them up just yet.

Last edited:
OP
hcrans64

hcrans64

I also forgot to mention that I used to have pretty bad plantar fasciitis that has gone away too. I am guessing it is from improved circulation in my feet but not entirely sure.

Runenight201

Are you active? Improving your heart rate variability could help with blood pressure…

OP
hcrans64

hcrans64

Are you active? Improving your heart rate variability could help with blood pressure…
I try to be. But could definitely do more. Any tips on types of exercises to help with that in a pro-metabolic way? Been wanting to get back into weight lifting (specifically concentric) but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Runenight201

I try to be. But could definitely do more. Any tips on types of exercises to help with that in a pro-metabolic way? Been wanting to get back into weight lifting (specifically concentric) but haven't pulled the trigger yet.

I wouldn't trip about weight lifting or going to the gym or anything like that. The most pro-metabolic would be walking, especially in some hilly terrain. Start with what you can comfortably do and then try to get up to an hour+ a day.

Any strength training that you do should be in support of being able to properly walk/run without pain. I highly recommend Functional Patterns, they got their head on straight when it comes to how to properly train to build a resilient body, but even if you don't want to pay money, just start walking hilly terrain.

yashi

What are you eating nowadays, now that you implemented bioenergetic suggestions?

OP
hcrans64

hcrans64

What are you eating nowadays, now that you implemented bioenergetic suggestions?
Hey @yashi ! So I typically wake up and have a glass of (orange, apple, or grape) juice and then have a bowl of fruit with yogurt and 3 eggs. The rest of the day I typically have more juice (or a real sugar pepsi) and eat either sweet potatoes, hash browns, or baked potatoes with plenty of butter and some ground beef, often with spinach in it. I try to do carrot salads regularly with apple cider vinegar and salt. Sometimes I will do more eggs or fruit or even some beef jerky. Then dinner with my family is typically not as bioenergeticly friendly, but I still try to avoid pufas and grains.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals