Sicker Than Ever, Finding It Hard To Research Effectively

kaybb

Yes, the more I look into this it appears that I do have a lot going on that is related to low iron. My brain is working overtime. I'll get retested and stop the zinc for now.
Do you have an update ? I thought you were very clear and scientific on your supplement choices. Obvious bias against them but there’s a place. Have you improved yet ?

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Do you have an update ? I thought you were very clear and scientific on your supplement choices. Obvious bias against them but there’s a place. Have you improved yet ?

Hello @kaybb,
Fortunately, figuring out to properly utilize supplements was extremely beneficial for me. I know there's a bias; many people have their own anecdotal stories and their own collection of articles, studies, etc. saying one thing or another. And some say any and all supplements are detrimental. For me, I had optimized my diet and lifestyle as much as humanly possible. Supp's were second to last resort (last resort would be immune suppressants and steroids).
I used NutraEval, Doctor's Data, and blood work ordered by my physician to determine deficiencies and imbalances. I found a lot of great info on this forum and from Chris Masterjohn on how to figure out which tests I should order or request from my doctor.
I started by correcting the major deficiencies and imbalances first. I used mainly toxinless.com to find the highest quality supplements free of exipients. I added in new supplements one at a time and noted symptoms or side effects. Then got retested as needed (at least 3 months after beginning a supp). Turns out two supplements I had been avoiding out of fear of overdosing were two of the most beneficial for me, that being selenium and zinc. Not saying these two would help everyone but for me they were necessary according to my diagnostics. My physician monitors and adjusts dosage as needed so no worries of overdosing. I also take cascara, Energin (small doses), B12, Allithiamine, inositol, progesterone, pregnenalone, Rx T3 and T4, Magnoil, Vit K, and Zyrtec and Dramamine as needed. Plus I use my own blend of Amino Acids and BCAA's since collagen/gelatin cause endotoxin and other symptoms for me. I know that it's a lot but it's working for now and I'm off all prescriptions besides thyroid meds.

kaybb

Hello @kaybb,
Fortunately, figuring out to properly utilize supplements was extremely beneficial for me. I know there's a bias; many people have their own anecdotal stories and their own collection of articles, studies, etc. saying one thing or another. And some say any and all supplements are detrimental. For me, I had optimized my diet and lifestyle as much as humanly possible. Supp's were second to last resort (last resort would be immune suppressants and steroids).
I used NutraEval, Doctor's Data, and blood work ordered by my physician to determine deficiencies and imbalances. I found a lot of great info on this forum and from Chris Masterjohn on how to figure out which tests I should order or request from my doctor.
I started by correcting the major deficiencies and imbalances first. I used mainly toxinless.com to find the highest quality supplements free of exipients. I added in new supplements one at a time and noted symptoms or side effects. Then got retested as needed (at least 3 months after beginning a supp). Turns out two supplements I had been avoiding out of fear of overdosing were two of the most beneficial for me, that being selenium and zinc. Not saying these two would help everyone but for me they were necessary according to my diagnostics. My physician monitors and adjusts dosage as needed so no worries of overdosing. I also take cascara, Energin (small doses), B12, Allithiamine, inositol, progesterone, pregnenalone, Rx T3 and T4, Magnoil, Vit K, and Zyrtec and Dramamine as needed. Plus I use my own blend of Amino Acids and BCAA's since collagen/gelatin cause endotoxin and other symptoms for me. I know that it's a lot but it's working for now and I'm off all prescriptions besides thyroid meds.
That is an accomplishment for sure !! You now have a wealth of understanding so valuable. I use toxinless.com also and by bulk which saves a lot of mulla.:). There’s no doubt without the supplements and guidance you would have had to turn to prescriptions. I’m hoping you will see improvements soon. Keep us updated !

OP
Zpol

Zpol

Another update... This week I found myself eating just for the fun of it, not like it was a dreaded chore which was the case for most of the last 5 years.

OP
Zpol

Zpol

That is an accomplishment for sure !! You now have a wealth of understanding so valuable. I use toxinless.com also and by bulk which saves a lot of mulla.:). There’s no doubt without the supplements and guidance you would have had to turn to prescriptions. I’m hoping you will see improvements soon. Keep us updated !

HOORAY. Congratulations

Thanks. I'm so grateful for this forum.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals