One Year Of "Peating"

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Just wanted to update this thread:

Firstly; a few reactions to "Peating" that I had forgotten,
Positive: day/night vision changes extremely quickly. Even my very young children will complain of bright light in the morning, while my eyes seem to shift immediately. Same goes for shifting to darkness.

Negative: Initial outburst of mouth ulcers. I remember having several at once. While numerous, they healed in a fraction of the time. I haven't had any in months now, though.

Secondly; I have been supplementing with 20,000 IU of vitamin D since my last post.

Reactions;
Teeth are continuing to fill in.
General dental health improved (teeth seem to be smooth and shiny without any work)
Nighttime urination is way better. The second night after starting the new D dose, I slept through the night (this hasn't happened in probably 10 years). I have consistently been getting up once (sometimes twice) per night for weeks now. Before upping the dose (I was taking 5k/day), I would pee 4-5 times per night.
My mental state seems much more stable.
The low-grade "something is not right" anxiety is almost completely gone!
Energy/endurance is up (still not where I'd like but much better).
Sleep improved. I feel like I'm sleeping like when I was a teenager (drool and all).

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Thirdly; A week ago I decided to start taking diatomaceous earth (I think Peat would not approve). My gut health just doesn't want to improve, no matter what I do. I have taken the stuff before with no problems, so I'm giving it another shot. I've been taking 1 tbsp per day on empty stomach. Its actually been quite helpful. Although there's a caveat (nothing like making things complicated;

Fourthly (and finally); 2 weeks ago I decided to give the potato hack a shot (I really need this extra weight gone). I only did 2 days of just potatoes for the first week. Lost a little weight. I'm on day 4 this week and I've lost about a pound a day! So far, so good. I'm down 9 lbs with 6 days of dieting. Not too shabby.

Thanks again, guys.
Let me know if you'd like me to expound on anything.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

A few new reactions to my diet change. I've dropped my milk consumption to a bare minimum (some in coffee and sometimes I'll have a cup for breakfast). I've been mainly eating potatoes during the week. So the changes I've noticed is it seems like my thyroid function is suddenly improving. The other day I felt hot and fast heartbeat, but not in a bad way. This is the first time I've had this feeling and it wasn't uncomfortable. And this was on a lower dose of T3 than normal. I could feel the change early so I stopped taking it for the day.

Also, a weird one; vitamin K2 has started tasting sweet to me. I take 5 drops of Kuinone orally (and 5 drops topically) per day, and have been for a long time. The taste change went from very bitter and medicinal to a sweet taste, like sweetened tea or something similar. Weird.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

So now it's been 2 years so I wanna update. I haven't lost any of the weight that I gained from "Peating." I'm having a real hard time losing weight. I truly believe it has to do with something other than too many/too little calories with me. I feel like I've tried every combination of that stuff. It has to be a gut problem, which I'm trying to figure out. Maybe still releasing PUFA/estrogen, or iron overload.

While I've had several health improvements over the last 2 years, I feel pretty lousy. The worst of which is probably zero energy/motivation/endurance, digestive issues, and being really uncomfortable with how I look and feel. I know I'm in a healthier place, it just doesnt look/feel like it. When I was Keto and IF, I would take up new hobbies, fill in free time with learning/trying new things, now I come home from work and crash. I feel like I have zero reserves, and barely anything in the main tank.

I've experimented with a few more things and planning a few more. Over the last year I've experimented with:
Doxycycline
Artemisinin
Mildronate
Tianeptine
Blood donation (RBC)
Nicotine
Famotidine
Fat free diet
Potato hack diet
Higher doses of progesterone
And some other things I'm forgetting, but they're probably trivial.

Blood donation made me hyperthyroid for 3 days. It was nice to actually see what that feels like. Twice I took a dose of 100mg progesterone (1/4 tsp Progest-E) before bed and had the same feeling the following day but it was not comfortable. I actually went to the walk-in on one of these occasions because I thought I had a serious flu. My temp and pulse were both over 100, my BP was high, and I had a hard time catching my breath.

I got up to 3.5 grains NDT (my highest dose) this year, and still felt I needed more. I decided to switch brands to Cynoplus so I'm working my way back up at the moment. I'm at half a tablet/day (1/4 am, 1/4 pm), along with a few drops of diluted Tyronene throughout the day.

I'm also experimenting with some Penicillin VK (250mg 3 times/day) right now. I'm a few days in and don't really notice anything. I might save my last few tablets and go 500mg 3 times/day for the last few days.

I've decided to stop all milk for a little while and see what happens. I've read a few posts about exomorphins causing constipation and feel that may be the boat I'm in with my digestion.

My goal for this year is to really nail down my thyroid needs and possibly push it into slightly hyperthyroid. This, however, makes me pretty nervous, but I've heard Peat mention doing this a number of times and am willing to give it a shot.

A weird reaction I've had is with oral pregnenolone. It gives me strong dissociation and constant sense-of-doom anxiety starting anywhere from 1-10 hours after consumption and usually lasts until I wake up the next day. Dr. Peat insists any adverse reactions to preg is due to exipients but I've tried multiple brands (supposedly clean), and multiple doses and anything over a mg or 2 does it for me. I don't usually react strongly to supplements so I find that interesting. Topical doesn't do it, but my topical doses are small.

Here's hoping this is the year I can really make headway fixing my metabolism, 'cause mine is still definitely broken. A few more experiments I'll try will probably be DCA, Acetozolamide, and Clonidine. All of which I've already purchased but am waiting for the right opportunity to try.

baccheion

Isn't milk inflammatory?

What macros? How much calcium? What about other vitamins/minerals?

I suppose there's iodine protocol..

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Isn't milk inflammatory?

What macros? How much calcium? What about other vitamins/minerals?

I suppose there's iodine protocol..

I really don't know about milk. It seems inflammatory to me. I've tried to make it a staple of my diet for 2 years now and just don't feel it's doing me any good. I'm gonna give it break for awhile and see what happens.

I've got all the macro stuff and vitamins/minerals covered and took lots of iodine (probably way too much) before finding Peat so I'm probably satiated for life. I'm assuming I have some sort of digestive problem. I'm hoping to solve it by getting my thyroid adequate and possibly moreso, while also trying to get rid of some iron.

Runenight201

Whats your daily diet like? Is milk your sole source of animal protein and fat?

I pretty much have negligible amounts of natural motivation or desire to do anything unless I have animal fat and protein in my system. I would venture to say that’s why you were more motivated in keto and IF, but one can’t conclude that without in detail analysis of what you every day. I see that you’ve done a potato only diet, which to me is disastrous for good health.

A good meal which should stimulate that drive for life should consist of beef, eggs, rice, tomatoes, salt, spices, herbs, and some type of spicy sauce. Mix it into a mash and then drink some red wine.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Whats your daily diet like? Is milk your sole source of animal protein and fat?

I pretty much have negligible amounts of natural motivation or desire to do anything unless I have animal fat and protein in my system. I would venture to say that’s why you were more motivated in keto and IF, but one can’t conclude that without in detail analysis of what you every day. I see that you’ve done a potato only diet, which to me is disastrous for good health.

A good meal which should stimulate that drive for life should consist of beef, eggs, rice, tomatoes, salt, spices, herbs, and some type of spicy sauce. Mix it into a mash and then drink some red wine.

I listed my diet as of a year ago on the first page of the thread. It's pretty much what I'm eating now. It's all the normal Peat stuff. My fat intake is pretty low but I've experimented with higher fat in the past, which always results in rapid weight gain for me, even if it's coconut oil. I feel like there's a huge brake on my metabolism. It very reluctant to increase.

One problem I'm having is I'm getting more and more sensitive to "normal" foods. I'd be "alright" drinking milk and OJ all day, but lately, when I have a meal like the one you described, I'd feel like absolute garbage, even getting a "food hangover" the next day where I'd be bloated and uncomfortable without even eating anything. Which is why I thinking it's a digestive problem, and I might be consuming something that is a constant source of inflammation, hence why I'm gonna try abandoning milk for awhile.

Runenight201

I listed my diet as of a year ago on the first page of the thread. It's pretty much what I'm eating now. It's all the normal Peat stuff. My fat intake is pretty low but I've experimented with higher fat in the past, which always results in rapid weight gain for me, even if it's coconut oil. I feel like there's a huge brake on my metabolism. It very reluctant to increase.

One problem I'm having is I'm getting more and more sensitive to "normal" foods. I'd be "alright" drinking milk and OJ all day, but lately, when I have a meal like the one you described, I'd feel like absolute garbage, even getting a "food hangover" the next day where I'd be bloated and uncomfortable without even eating anything. Which is why I thinking it's a digestive problem, and I might be consuming something that is a constant source of inflammation, hence why I'm gonna try abandoning milk for awhile.

I understand. If the digestion is compromised, than your not going to be able to extract energy efficiently from food, leading to you having poor energy.

I do believe that if you want to have better energy, you need to be able to shift over to eating those types of heartier foods on a cyclical basis. A solution i found when needing to fix my gut through messing it up for whatever reason was to fruit and liquid fast until I “reset” my digestion. The body can heal, but it needs to not be assaulted for a short time period to let everything re-balance. Whole fruits that you find appetizing and then liquids like coffee, water, wine, etc... all should help keep you feeling ok while the body pushes through constipated matter in the digestive tract. Stretching and doing light movements like holding a squat position, touching the toes, jumping up and and down, all also help to move things along. Dancing to your favorite music does the same thing, but also serves to boost your mood while you’re at it ;)

Food timing, food combination, food preparation, are all crucially important as well, and their integration into your life style is probably the utmost important in regards to feeling well. I think this is where most people mess up, despite eating a good diet on paper. Unfortunately there’s no real way to help someone with this besides getting all up into their business and asking for specifics in the utmost detail. Better served for professionals :) I’ll just give high level advice, and let people know that I’m rootin for them!

gaze

how much sunlight and sleep are you getting? are you eating proper meals for breakfast lunch and dinner?

OP
iPeat

iPeat

I understand. If the digestion is compromised, than your not going to be able to extract energy efficiently from food, leading to you having poor energy.

I do believe that if you want to have better energy, you need to be able to shift over to eating those types of heartier foods on a cyclical basis. A solution i found when needing to fix my gut through messing it up for whatever reason was to fruit and liquid fast until I “reset” my digestion. The body can heal, but it needs to not be assaulted for a short time period to let everything re-balance. Whole fruits that you find appetizing and then liquids like coffee, water, wine, etc... all should help keep you feeling ok while the body pushes through constipated matter in the digestive tract. Stretching and doing light movements like holding a squat position, touching the toes, jumping up and and down, all also help to move things along. Dancing to your favorite music does the same thing, but also serves to boost your mood while you’re at it ;)

Food timing, food combination, food preparation, are all crucially important as well, and their integration into your life style is probably the utmost important in regards to feeling well. I think this is where most people mess up, despite eating a good diet on paper. Unfortunately there’s no real way to help someone with this besides getting all up into their business and asking for specifics in the utmost detail. Better served for professionals :) I’ll just give high level advice, and let people know that I’m rootin for them!

Thanks for the advice, and the encouragement. I truly believe Peat is right, and all the evidence backs him up. There's an absolute pandemic of people out there ruining their metabolism and health with keto dieting plus fish oil supplementation, all while doing OMAD, cold exposure and hyperventilating practices (Wim Hof). That was me - literally doing everything I could to give myself cancer and thinking I was healthy.

I'm just thankful I found Peat and stopped all that. Hopefully I didn't do too much damage. It just kills me that after 2 years, my body is still taking everything I'm giving it and storing it, instead of using it. Either that or it's some serious gut inflammation. I will take your suggestions to heart and give it a try.

berk

i also notice that lots of people here thats starting peating complain about low libido problems.
This is because the low fat?

OP
iPeat

iPeat

i also notice that lots of people here thats starting peating complain about low libido problems.
This is because the low fat?

I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe hormonal changes from the major diet shift. When I started "Peating" I was eating high fat and high carb (tons of whole milk with added sugar), and my libido disappeared. It's probably specific to each person, but for me, when I have my thyroid where it should be (good temps and pulse), my libido is healthy, regardless what my diet is like.

berk

When I started "Peating" I was eating high fat and high carb (tons of whole milk with added sugar), and my libido disappeared. It's probably specific to each person, but for me, when I have my thyroid where it should be (good temps and pulse), my libido is healthy, regardless what my diet is like.
above maintenance kcal?
do you take any medication?
Do you eat red meat everyday?

Last edited:
OP
iPeat

iPeat

above maintenance kcal?
do you take any medication?
Do you eat red meat everyday?

In the beginning - yes, well above. Now I eat to maintain and feel good. Which is getting more and more difficult. I've tried losing weight by eating "Peat foods" at a calorie deficit and it felt like it was damaging me. A lot of stress reactions. It makes me feel like garbage.

Depends on what you mean by medication. None that is doctor-prescribed. I supplement thyroid to maintain temperature and pulse.

No. Average about 3 times per week.

berk

redsun

I'm not sure what's causing it. Maybe hormonal changes from the major diet shift. When I started "Peating" I was eating high fat and high carb (tons of whole milk with added sugar), and my libido disappeared. It's probably specific to each person, but for me, when I have my thyroid where it should be (good temps and pulse), my libido is healthy, regardless what my diet is like.

Milk and dairy in general is very low in arginine (nitric oxide needed for erections). More Dairy protein and eggs and reduction of meat protein, and increased copper intake (typically raised with Peat foods) promotes adrenal hormones for most people which will lower libido that way. Dairy and eggs are way lower in arginine, histidine, b6, zinc, which all play vital parts in libido and erections.

Dopamine may or may not raise when Peating. Too much vitamin C and copper intake will cause more dopamine to convert to noradrenalin and you need dopamine for libido. Usually high copper intake instead of vit C is the issue and in ways vitamin C can promote libido because it is generally considered dopaminergic but too much can lower histamine excessively.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Milk and dairy in general is very low in arginine (nitric oxide needed for erections). More Dairy protein and eggs and reduction of meat protein, and increased copper intake (typically raised with Peat foods) promotes adrenal hormones for most people which will lower libido that way. Dairy and eggs are way lower in arginine, histidine, b6, zinc, which all play vital parts in libido and erections.

Dopamine may or may not raise when Peating. Too much vitamin C and copper intake will cause more dopamine to convert to noradrenalin and you need dopamine for libido. Usually high copper intake instead of vit C is the issue and in ways vitamin C can promote libido because it is generally considered dopaminergic but too much can lower histamine excessively.

Very interesting. Any idea how to steer it more in the direction of dopamine vs noradrenaline?

I'm gonna drop the milk for awhile. Maybe that'll help. I really wanted to make milk work but it doesn't seem to be helping me.

redsun

Very interesting. Any idea how to steer it more in the direction of dopamine vs noradrenaline?

I'm gonna drop the milk for awhile. Maybe that'll help. I really wanted to make milk work but it doesn't seem to be helping me.

Avoiding excessive copper and vitamin C intake (copper being more important) and supporting the pathway to get to dopamine as much as possible. Vitamin C and folate needed for BH4, B6 (needed for l dopa to dopamine) is also the big one.

This is why (one big reason out of many) I hate the idea of relying on dairy and eggs for protein, because B6 is very low in those proteins and B6 is required for producing both dopamine and histamine not too mention so many other things. Making sure iron status is good is vital to producing dopamine as well. Adequate zinc intake prevents excessive conversion of dopamine to noradrenaline during stressors of any kind but too much zinc will kill the conversion dramatically and kill your energy.

Noradrenaline is needed for energy and emotions, attention, etc so its important you have that too but I found Peating (depending on how you do it) can tilt the balance in favor of noradrenaline and adrenaline instead of dopamine.

OP
iPeat

iPeat

Just wanna say thanks for the help. You guys have given me a lot to chew on and experiment with that I hadn't thought of before. Thanks for taking some time to share some of your knowledge and experience with a stranger. If I figure out any definitive answers with my own experiences, I'll make sure to share them.

berk

Dairy and eggs are way lower in arginine, histidine, b6, zinc, which all play vital parts in libido and erections.
like i said, you need red meat.
if ray is married or have a girlfriend than i dont think se is very happy with his diet :rolling

Last edited: