Tell me about earthing mats

ironfist

This is what I know

I feel pretty good when I go lay down in the field by where I live. It has to be good weather, though. Too hot is a no thanks.

I saw some grounding mats you plug in. Lol what? Isn't the object to avoid electricity or something? I read another page that said they don't work, some guy checked them and found they weren't grounding at all, so they weren't doing anything. Another essay said most houses aren't wired correctly for it to even do anything.

I have a massive void of knowledge about electricity, so "plug this in and sleep on it" doesn't teach me anything.

How do these mats work and do they do anything?

I recall multiple anecdotes on the forum (myself included) who note a great therapeutic benefit for 1-2 weeks from a wall-outlet grounding mat just for the effect to reverse and cause some form of insomnia/anxiety that made us all quit using it.

pondering

I have a grounding mat. You can plug it into the ground via a metal rod or use the adapter that plugs into an outlet (3 prong which is supposed to be grounded, versus 2 prong which is not). Sometimes 3 prong outlets are not truly grounded. I've only ever plugged mine into the ground via the rod, and have only had positive experiences (reduction in pain & improved sleep). Mine comes with a device so you can check the mat to see if it’s grounded or not after plugging in.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals