Earthing/Grounding for health - discovery by a laborer in 1889

miquelangeles

Lee Meriwether, Special Agent of The U. S. Department of Labor writes in 1889:

Denver is a cold place in winter. On one of the very coldest days of the season, when the mercury registered below zero, and a seven-inch snow lay on the ground, a card was brought up to my room in the Windsor. Following the card was a little man pinched and blue with cold, his nose red, his ears half frozen. He said he had heard I was a special labor agent. He wanted to lay before me a discovery that would be of inestimable benefit to the working-classes.

"People don't understand the power of electricity," said this gentleman. “They insulate themselves from the earth, cut themselves off from the electrical currents, thereby inviting disease and early death. I have studied this subject. The earth is our mother; she will supply us with electricity if we only stop insulating ourselves. You see my shoes? The soles are very thin. If you wore such shoes you would catch your death. I never get cold. Why?" Jerking off one of his dilapidated shoes, he pointed to a copper tack in the sole." That's what prevents me from being cold. The copper tack keeps up the electricity; prevents me from being insulated. Children of the poor, who go barefooted, are healthier than the children of the rich, who constantly insulate themselves by wearing shoes. Put an animal on the ground and he will keep warm; raise him a few feet onto a board floor and he will freeze. In Lynchburg, Virginia, a polar bear froze to death because he was kept in a cage insulated from the electrical currents of the earth. In Montana animals remaining in the open air with their feet on the ground do not suffer. The few that are housed cannot stand the severe winters, and die of cold. In your intercourse with the working classes you can spread this discovery, and save them the expense of thick shoes and socks. It will be a great thing for them."

Related threads:

Lee Meriwether, Special Agent of The U. S. Department of Labor writes in 1889:

Denver is a cold place in winter. On one of the very coldest days of the season, when the mercury registered below zero, and a seven-inch snow lay on the ground, a card was brought up to my room in the Windsor. Following the card was a little man pinched and blue with cold, his nose red, his ears half frozen. He said he had heard I was a special labor agent. He wanted to lay before me a discovery that would be of inestimable benefit to the working-classes.

"People don't understand the power of electricity," said this gentleman. “They insulate themselves from the earth, cut themselves off from the electrical currents, thereby inviting disease and early death. I have studied this subject. The earth is our mother; she will supply us with electricity if we only stop insulating ourselves. You see my shoes? The soles are very thin. If you wore such shoes you would catch your death. I never get cold. Why?" Jerking off one of his dilapidated shoes, he pointed to a copper tack in the sole." That's what prevents me from being cold. The copper tack keeps up the electricity; prevents me from being insulated. Children of the poor, who go barefooted, are healthier than the children of the rich, who constantly insulate themselves by wearing shoes. Put an animal on the ground and he will keep warm; raise him a few feet onto a board floor and he will freeze. In Lynchburg, Virginia, a polar bear froze to death because he was kept in a cage insulated from the electrical currents of the earth. In Montana animals remaining in the open air with their feet on the ground do not suffer. The few that are housed cannot stand the severe winters, and die of cold. In your intercourse with the working classes you can spread this discovery, and save them the expense of thick shoes and socks. It will be a great thing for them."