Earthing/Grounding for health and conductive shoes - in the year of 1876

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Got it, so I'll decrease the size of the rods as much as possible. The shoe stuff is just not practical in a place that's usually -20 at least and covered in snow and ice. I know that in TCM even too much wool is not recommended. But wool is such a good material for the cold winters here and I prefer it to polyester which sheds and has chemical and heavy metal contamination. Maybe I'll get more organic cotton filler for pillows etc. I'll try your measuring method.
There are things like grounding straps that can be attached to any shoes but I don't know how practical they are, especially for winter boots.
Some Qigong masters actually advise against grounding while practicing, and others recommend it. I'm sure it's not beneficial to be grounded 24/7 but at some point you develop some self awareness and know when you need it and when you don't.
Let me know what measurements you get, I'm very curious.

Inaut

There are things like grounding straps that can be attached to any shoes but I don't know how practical they are, especially for winter boots.
Some Qigong masters actually advise against grounding while practicing, and others recommend it. I'm sure it's not beneficial to be grounded 24/7 but at some point you develop some self awareness and know when you need it and when you don't.
Let me know what measurements you get, I'm very curious.
For simplicity (because I have a simple brain), if I live in a condo and wanted to rig something in my bedroom , say two grounding mats grounded to two different receptacles (probably off the same breaker), would that be essentially the same as have 1 mat ? I can’t run a copper wire from my Washroom or kitchen sink so I can’t get a different ground. Thoughts?

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

For simplicity (because I have a simple brain), if I live in a condo and wanted to rig something in my bedroom , say two grounding mats grounded to two different receptacles (probably off the same breaker), would that be essentially the same as have 1 mat ? I can’t run a copper wire from my Washroom or kitchen sink so I can’t get a different ground. Thoughts?
I think it would be the same as having 1 mat.
You can test it with a multimeter by setting it to DC voltage mode and touching one probe to each mat.
It will likely show no difference in potentials because both mats are connected to the same ground wire in the breaker panel.
Although regulations require buildings to have 3 or more grounding rods, those rods are connected to each other and then to a single point in the breaker panel. You don't reach a separate rod at different wall outlets. No other pipes in the condo? Such as a hot water radiator. You could try to find other accessible metal parts in the building structure and test them with a multimeter.

cedric

"
How much do you know about the natural DC electric current available to us? You assimilate the plasma from the sun called light best when your feet are plugged into the ground. You are a natural light bulb. Your socket is the Earth to tap free electrons and the sun is your ultimate battery charger. This builds dopamine and your DC electric current in your body in many ways.

http://www.rodalewellness.com/mind-...ess+-+RodaleWellness_FBPAGE_Rodale+Wellness__
Jack Kruse, Dec 15, 2015

"
What lowers molecular vibrations in living systems like us? Water and sunlight. Water is the ideal Faraday cage to lower molecular vibrations by bi direction microwave devices in technology. But do you know that UV light is even better? How? UVB light too? It increases Vitamin D3 in the skin. What does Vitamin D3 do fundamentally in the skin ? it is a calcium channel blocker on our surfaces or our eye,skin, and gut and lung. Calcium has an amazing effect on cell membranes being able to stick together tighter. The tighter they are the less they move. What did I tell you calcium does in eukaryotic cell membranes when I spoke about their antenna function of the Cell Membrane in Ubiquitination 14 blog post? Calcium is the concrete of the lipid bilayer in all eukaryotic cell membranes. I wrote an entire blog in the Ubi 14 series about that antenna function. Now think about what impact that has when UVB light hits your surfaces...........it lowers molecular vibrations of the atoms there when sunlight hits it. What if you live at sea level at a high latitude? It means you have a lower threshold to handle electromagnetic non native energies. This is why autoimmune conditions like Multiple Sclerosis and cancer cases are explosive away from the equator. It is not a food story. It is a story of light and QED physics built into the photoelectric effect. WiFi and microwaves do the opposite to cell membranes. They both liberate calcium by causing it to efflux. As this happens from outside in signaling is degraded and then eventually the mitochondrial matrix swells pushing apart the respiratory proteins to slow the tunneling of electrons leading to MS and cancer like diseases. The more microwaves and mobile technology you use or allow in your life the less Vitamin D3 you can make on your skin, retina, gut, and lung to quiet the atoms in your cell membrane to make the energy or decipher environmental signals from the Schumann resonance or from the sun. This is why people get ill from neolithic diseases. This is how life organizes or becomes chaotic with our modern choices. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/…/140116084838.htm
Jack Kruse, Jan 24, 2016
#14"

ironfist

All grounding accessories use a single point of contact, through the wall outlet ground, which doesn't allow the free flow of current. Even if you put both of your feet on a grounding mat, it is still connected in a single point to the earth.
This is what I may have been talking about here. Of course like I said I don't know how this works. I just recollect hearing somewhere that home grounding mats are going to provide no benefit.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

@ironfist grounding mats do work and provide benefit. At a very basic level they instantly bring you to the same electric potential as the earth. It is a great normalizer and brings homeostasis. Both oxidative stress and reductive stress (excess electrons) can be damaging, and grounding helps in both situations.
But it can be used in many other ways depending on the situation, for example you can ground specific parts of the body. Any wound or inflammation has a long lasting and regulated electrical activity. Enhancing or inhibiting this electrical activity increases or decreases healing respectively. Cells responsible for wound closure migrate according to the magnitude of these electrical fields.
While grounding mats do have benefits, they do not mimick natural grounding on two feet outdoors for the simple fact that they are connected to a single point in the earth and do not allow current flow. It is like standing or walking with 1 leg only.
If you ground on two separate points it is like microdosing on galvanic therapy, the oldest form of electric therapy which uses the flow of DC currents by using both electrodes negative and positive to directionally stimulate nerve activity. There are some pretty impressive cures in the old literature for conditions that are considered chronic and incurable today.

Inaut

Are there natural materials such as stone, brick or crystal that although not connected directly to the earth, still possess grounding effects? Just curious if anybody knows...

I know people say there are crystals that have grounding effects on the heart or mind but I’m specifically asking about proven materials with physical grounding qualities.

Makrosky

@ironfist grounding mats do work and provide benefit. At a very basic level they instantly bring you to the same electric potential as the earth. It is a great normalizer and brings homeostasis. Both oxidative stress and reductive stress (excess electrons) can be damaging, and grounding helps in both situations.
But it can be used in many other ways depending on the situation, for example you can ground specific parts of the body. Any wound or inflammation has a long lasting and regulated electrical activity. Enhancing or inhibiting this electrical activity increases or decreases healing respectively. Cells responsible for wound closure migrate according to the magnitude of these electrical fields.
While grounding mats do have benefits, they do not mimick natural grounding on two feet outdoors for the simple fact that they are connected to a single point in the earth and do not allow current flow. It is like standing or walking with 1 leg only.
If you ground on two separate points it is like microdosing on galvanic therapy, the oldest form of electric therapy which uses the flow of DC currents by using both electrodes negative and positive to directionally stimulate nerve activity. There are some pretty impressive cures in the old literature for conditions that are considered chronic and incurable today.
Absolutely amazing mate. You should put all this knowledge you have been garhering about electricity and health in a book. Structured. I'd buy it.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

@Inaut Yes, some stones and crystals have piezoelectric and pyroelectric properties and they emit far infrared rays. Figuratively a lot of things can make you feel more grounded as opposed to “head in clouds”.
To emulate real grounding there are some artificial grounding devices for Hi-Fi equipment that act as an electron sink. But you would have to emulate the incoming earth currents as well which provide the most benefits. A galvanic electric therapy device could do that, it works with low voltage and amperage like the earth currents and it’s not expensive.

cedric

Are there natural materials such as stone, brick or crystal that although not connected directly to the earth, still possess grounding effects? Just curious if anybody knows...

I know people say there are crystals that have grounding effects on the heart or mind but I’m specifically asking about proven materials with physical grounding qualities.
If plants at home are grounded the can send electrons in the air. Plants need grounding too. One of the most important things for deserts plants is water as a a grounding medium . Mycellium is also a way of grounding plants in nature. If plants are grounded they better survive droughts.

I propose a natural way to deliver negative ions at home- hang a grounded wet iodised ( Lugol's) rag before a fan and let it dry. Iodine is a good source of negative ions like a breeze by the sea.
Waterfalls , forest air is also a good way to breath in electrons -springs and trees are grounded.

Makrosky

If plants at home are grounded the can send electrons in the air. Plants need grounding too. One of the most important things for deserts plants is water as a a grounding medium . Mycellium is also a way of grounding plants in nature. If plants are grounded they better survive droughts.

I propose a natural way to deliver negative ions at home- hang a grounded wet iodised ( Lugol's) rag before a fan and let it dry. Iodine is a good source of negative ions like a breeze by the sea.
Waterfalls , forest air is also a good way to breath in electrons -springs and trees are grounded.
This is fun. I sometimes get a breeze by the sea feeling when consuming supplemental iodine. Literally that feeling. Both Lugol and pure KI.

Makrosky

Yes, some stones and crystals have piezoelectric and pyroelectric properties and they emit far infrared rays. Figuratively a lot of things can make you feel more grounded as opposed to “head in clouds”.
Do you have any good sources of info about all this? Preferably book format.

Hermes

The whole idea of grounding sounds very convincing, and yes, there are studies to corroborate the effects. But, they may very well be in favor of a positive effect of grounding since they're financed by the very companies which make money selling grounding equipment. I grew rather sceptical about it. Something feels off when I ground myself during sleep. I've tried grounding during sleep in at least three different locations. Two of them were in small villages, and on one occasion I tried it in the city where I woke up in the middle of the night, wide awake (probably adrenaline causing it). See, it matters if there are stray currents in the ground, which easily happens in the city. Unless you're living in the alps, it's kind of hard to find pristine places these days which aren't some way or another contaminated, electrically speaking.

Ageing caused from a lack of earths energetic charge

There is another post where someone presents the work of Miles Mathis. He argues aging is accelerated by too little energetic charge from the earth. It's insulations in buildings which prevent the exchange to happen. Sleeping in a remote hut without insulations would exactly provide this charge by the earth. This might be the reason why walking barefoot outside would yield such different results compared to grounding, which often seems like a hit and miss. There is nothing between your body and the earth for an exchange of energetic charge to happen.

I'm.No.One

I bought the Wein 3500 (ozone free/ very low ozone negative ion generator, it's true I don't smell any ozone and I can usually smell it instantly) as per Rays recommendation and it can cover up to 800sqft in 25 minutes. I'm hoping this winter I won't shock my cats as much (or they to me). I will also ground in the snow, in theory there is much more ground to "earth" on since its completely covered in snow.

The problem, it's very cold out and it's hard to be out for more than 15 minutes usually. The rod in the ground sketches me out. If I'm not doing it in pristine environments I feel off.

One last thing on the grounding shoe recommendation. To me it's a bit confusing how a nail could ever be comfortable in a shoe, I'm not comprehending the way in which he is suggesting to do it.

Regardless I have a much simpler solution that I've been using for years. I get a copper pipe at the hardware store and use it as a walking stick. Problem solved.
As someone who has many pairs of grounding shoes it's not a nail or anything you feel.
It's a flat copper rivet of sorts that lays flat, the earthing sandals website sells a kit to turn any shoe into a grounding shoe which is more affordable than buying shoes that are specifically made for grounding.

I'm.No.One

The whole idea of grounding sounds very convincing, and yes, there are studies to corroborate the effects. But, they may very well be in favor of a positive effect of grounding since they're financed by the very companies which make money selling grounding equipment. I grew rather sceptical about it. Something feels off when I ground myself during sleep. I've tried grounding during sleep in at least three different locations. Two of them were in small villages, and on one occasion I tried it in the city where I woke up in the middle of the night, wide awake (probably adrenaline causing it). See, it matters if there are stray currents in the ground, which easily happens in the city. Unless you're living in the alps, it's kind of hard to find pristine places these days which aren't some way or another contaminated, electrically speaking.

Ageing caused from a lack of earths energetic charge

There is another post where someone presents the work of Miles Mathis. He argues aging is accelerated by too little energetic charge from the earth. It's insulations in buildings which prevent the exchange to happen. Sleeping in a remote hut without insulations would exactly provide this charge by the earth. This might be the reason why walking barefoot outside would yield such different results compared to grounding, which often seems like a hit and miss. There is nothing between your body and the earth for an exchange of energetic charge to happen.
It's because people don't realize that when you plug into a ground (outlet) you're actually plugged into the electric panel, not the copper rod that's actually grounded, and there are different ohms that back feed depending on your electrical load through the outlet.

That's why it's hit or miss.

Sincerely, the daughter of a 45+ years in practice master electrician who made me drive an actual rod into the ground & attach my set up to that.

No more weird dreams like when I was using the outlet, all the benefits from the studies.

RealNeat

As someone who has many pairs of grounding shoes it's not a nail or anything you feel.
It's a flat copper rivet of sorts that lays flat, the earthing sandals website sells a kit to turn any shoe into a grounding shoe which is more affordable than buying shoes that are specifically made for grounding.
Yes, I've bought the kit from Earth Runners, ruined my shoe and made it bring in snow and water. I did it just as they instructed, I'm handy with stuff like that. It was grounding/ freezing me at the same time. Their sandals work really well though and it's all I wear until the cold starts to hurt my feet.

I think the earthling3.0 may be more suitable for me, I'll have to try it. erthe by Earthling 3.0

RealNeat

It's because people don't realize that when you plug into a ground (outlet) you're actually plugged into the electric panel, not the copper rod that's actually grounded, and there are different ohms that back feed depending on your electrical load through the outlet.

Sincerely, the daughter of a 45+ years in practice master electrician who made me drive an actual rod into the ground & attach my set up to that.

No more weird dreams like when I was using the outlet, all the benefits from the studies.
Do you use a shielded coax cable to attach to the ground outside?

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

That is true. Any grounded appliances running in the building will send some stray voltage to the same ground wire. In theory current takes the path of least resistance to the earth but that's just an approximation. In reality it flows through all paths, inversely proportional to their resistance.
I was never able to sleep through the night grounded at the outlet in my condo but at my house I can sleep just fine with either dedicated rods or directly at the outlet. Like you said, it depends on the total electrical load of the building and what stray voltage gets on the ground wire.
But there are other factors that profoundly affect the grounding experience regardless of the method used. Such as the body part that is grounded, the type and gauge of the conductor, the contact surface area with your skin, the humidity of the skin which greatly affects resistance etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals