Understanding Ions, Electrolytes, Metabolism, Electromagnetism, Electrons/protons, Raw Food

Parsifal

Hey guys,

This is a topic that I wanted to write for a long time but I needed to organize my ideas a bit so it took longer than I thought to be able to write it.
I have not well understood Ling and Pollack's work yet so sorry in advance for some questions that may be newbie.

So I'm trying to understand the effects of ions with air negative ionizer and ions in raw food with the Peat's paradigm.
I've read that some peopler here are using ionizers because it is said that it can lower serotonin and I wondered how it worked in the body to produce this effect? I don't remember well where I've read that and not sure that it is what he exactly said but IIRC Peat said that carbon dioxide acted as negative ions (so activates the Bohr effect)? By the way what is the difference between electrons and ions in the body and metabolism?
People in raw food movement say that hydride ions in raw food are especially good bioenergetically speaking because high in negative ions so it may act as negative ions in the air (they also say that cooking is bad because it destroys enzymes and creates glycation)? I've read that ions are electrolytes and are not like electrons for the mitochondria?
They say that cooking will destroy ions, change their charges (anions will become cations?). Do you have any insights on this topic?

Now about earthing/grounding. Some people here seem skeptical about the effects (I'm not talking about earthing strips and mats but grounding on the soil)? They say that it promotes anti-inflammatory effects and may act throughout sweat glands.

Regarding metabolism, Peat seems inspired by Russian researchers that worked on biophysics. I've often read him say that the cells and mitochondria generate an electromagnetic field but I've never read anything really precise or complete about metabolism by him.
The common belief is that the mitochondria will produce ATP and oxidize oxygen with glucose to produce electrons to unfold other proteins for mitosis, am I right?
What are the role of Electrons/Protons? ATP? Role of electrolytes (sodium/potassium magnesium/calcium pump)? Electron acceptors/donors, kosmotropes, Ling AI?
Can the cellular respiration work without glycolisis?

What could you say about electrosensivity and effects of EMF (inflammation/apoptosis)? Cyclotron resonance?

I believe that this is a very interesting topic but hard to grasp because there is no really centralized post or article on it... I'm sure that we will learn very interesting things!

J

jb116

I can relay about atp remebering back on my PTC studies. Mitochondria will produce ATP in several ways, 2 of which are anaerobic and 1 of which is oxidative. Phosphocreatine and Glycolysis are the 2 anaerobic ways. Incidentally, velocity of glycolysis determines lactic acid
build up: the faster the speed needed, the more lactic acid. Phosphorylation uses oxygen and 2 carbon fragments to create atp, this takes longer
but with training over time, you can convert most of your muscles fibers for example to behave this way also consequently leaving fat to burn by the muscles rather than oxidizing in the body.

tara

Parsifal said:
post 101844 Peat said that carbon dioxide acted as negative ions (so activates the Bohr effect)
I only know about CO2 activating the Bohr effect to allow hemoglobin to release O2 to tissues requiring it - I don't know if anything else can do this.

I'm not sure that ionised air has the same effect as ingested ions. I think serotonin is inactivated significantly in the lungs, and maybe what you breathe affects this process?

I'm inclined to find some of the reports about the value of grounding to be plausible. There have been studies of the effects of electrical grounding on cortisol cycles, and some physios have used grounding techniques for some kinds of recovery, I think with measured results confirming effectiveness.

Parsifal said:
post 101844 I've read that ions are electrolytes and are not like electrons for the mitochondria?

Wikipedia said:
An ion (/ˈaɪən, -ɒn/)[1] is an atom or a molecule in which the total number of electrons is not equal to the total number of protons, giving the atom or molecule a net positive or negative electrical charge.

I dare say cooking does change food, and may well destroy some enzymes.

The rest I'm ignorant about, thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:

kiran

Parsifal said:
post 101844 I've read that some peopler here are using ionizers because it is said that it can lower serotonin and I wondered how it worked in the body to produce this effect?

Be wary, it can also lower dopamine.

Agent207

kiran said:
post 101992
Parsifal said:
post 101844 I've read that some peopler here are using ionizers because it is said that it can lower serotonin and I wondered how it worked in the body to produce this effect?

Be wary, it can also lower dopamine.

But the key of ionizers would be equilibrate and compensate the loss of negative charged ions caused by radiation, dirty electricity, pollution and other offenders in our usual toxic enviroments. I read somwhere that theres a marked decrease in general on the cities compared to clean zones on nature iike forests, wild beaches, etc.

I guess they are calibrated for an optimal release and on some you can regulate for this purpose; but its true any excesive descompensation to either side is not recommended.

OP
Parsifal

Parsifal

Monks like to meditate under cascades and I've read these are the places in nature where you can find the most negative ions. Interesting no?

Stryker

Thoughts on the best electrolyte formula out there? This product looks a bit over priced and high in chloride, but i am interested to see if any of you have used a similar formulated product before. @haidut @Stryker @tyler and others.

TB12™ Electrolytes
I make my own
Currently using
Potassium gluconate
Magnesium chloride (remag)
Sodium bicarbonate
Calcium glycinate

Taurine
Caffeine
Methylene blue

Jsaute21

I make my own
Currently using
Potassium gluconate
Magnesium chloride (remag)
Sodium bicarbonate
Calcium glycinate

Taurine
Caffeine
Methylene blue

Looks awesome. Besides remag, could you indicate where you purchase these supplements from? I assume Pure bulk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals