Doctor told me I’m hyperthyroid

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Just some background I’m 37 years old I’m 6’4” on the thin side , I’ve tried pretty well to be healthy, I did get covid fairly bad and wonder if it did some damage..
I’d say the last couple years have got more into ray peat but ate mostly Whole Foods prior with some bad decisions mixed in between. My work has always been physically demanding. I was recently kicked by a horse in my knee and leg… Im a farrier for a living.
I thought I would wait it out before going to get it looked at and see if it was just bruised. A couple days later I was working at my house a client had hauled horses to me and at the same time my neighbor who farms conventionally next door decided to spray his barley fields with herbicide that next morning I started having odd symptoms my throat was inflamed my heart seemed to be racing my legs hurt seemed to have more pressure in my body that was uncomfortable, shaky, tired, anxiety..
So I went to get checked they said my knee seemed fine but they wanted to do blood work because of my symptoms . I got a call a few hours later that they wanted to send me to go see endocrinologist for my hyperthyroid

my TSH was 1.95
And my T4 was 2.22 .

Since then I’ve had days where I feel good and then days I’m back to the bad symptoms. Today is one of the bad days..
I opted to go to a functional medicine doctor than the endocrinologist for my follow up … they didn’t take blood ,they said they should wait a few more weeks. he prescribed propranolol I haven’t taking it yet. As I’m nervous to mess anything up further before I get some more advise.
I just started taking coq10 with some coconut oil and gotu kola and that seems to help a little.

sorry If my writing is all over the place !
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance

Peatful

Welcome

Im going to be blunt due to time
So heads up

You are not hyperthyroid based on those lab results

Find a new MD
Honestly

I can’t ever tell anyone to not take a rx
But I am proud of you being hesitant

Im sorry this happened to you
I repeat
You are not hyperthyroid based on those results

You do however need to make sure your liver is in tip top shape to help rid your body of the poisonous herbicide

Lastly
Make sure it is not your supplements that are making you feel unwell

Others will chime in im sure

Best

LLight

I'm far from an expert but a TSH of 1.95 doesn't seem hyperthyroid, as stated by Peatful.

Jam

Can you ask your neighbor what herbicide was used? Seems to me you were poisoned.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Just some background I’m 37 years old I’m 6’4” on the thin side , I’ve tried pretty well to be healthy, I did get covid fairly bad and wonder if it did some damage..
I’d say the last couple years have got more into ray peat but ate mostly Whole Foods prior with some bad decisions mixed in between. My work has always been physically demanding. I was recently kicked by a horse in my knee and leg… Im a farrier for a living.
I thought I would wait it out before going to get it looked at and see if it was just bruised. A couple days later I was working at my house a client had hauled horses to me and at the same time my neighbor who farms conventionally next door decided to spray his barley fields with herbicide that next morning I started having odd symptoms my throat was inflamed my heart seemed to be racing my legs hurt seemed to have more pressure in my body that was uncomfortable, shaky, tired, anxiety..
So I went to get checked they said my knee seemed fine but they wanted to do blood work because of my symptoms . I got a call a few hours later that they wanted to send me to go see endocrinologist for my hyperthyroid

my TSH was 1.95
And my T4 was 2.22 .

Since then I’ve had days where I feel good and then days I’m back to the bad symptoms. Today is one of the bad days..
I opted to go to a functional medicine doctor than the endocrinologist for my follow up … they didn’t take blood ,they said they should wait a few more weeks. he prescribed propranolol I haven’t taking it yet. As I’m nervous to mess anything up further before I get some more advise.
I just started taking coq10 with some coconut oil and gotu kola and that seems to help a little.

sorry If my writing is all over the place !
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance
Can you ask your neighbor what herbicide was used? Seems to me you were poisoned.
Thank you for your response.
Yes I could ask him we’re not on the best of terms.. but I could reach out again my guess is it was 24D , asking other farmers what they use this time of year

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Welcome

So heads up

Find a new MD
Honestly

I repeat

You do however need to make sure your liver is in tip top shape to help rid your body of the poisonous herbicide

Lastly

Best
Thank you! This is sound advice

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Welcome

So heads up

Find a new MD
Honestly

I repeat

Lastly

Best
Any thoughts on things to do to protect the liver or help it out?

Last edited:

Peatful

Here are two threads to give you ideas
I personally have not read

Quickly:
Liver once a week
Easy to digest proteins
No alcohol
No fried foods
No pufa of course: mayo, salad dressing
No toxic burdens: ie smoke, pesticides, estrogens, fragrance etc
No raw vegetables. Cooked please
No salads
No seed oils

Just keep your gut clean
Nothing hard to digest

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter

Quickly:
Liver once a week
Easy to digest proteins
No alcohol
No fried foods
No salads
No seed oils

Just keep your gut clean
Nothing hard to digest
🙏 just to be clear are those thyroid levels in a healthy range?

Peatful

Peat likes a TSH around 1.0

If you’re having hypothyroid symptoms…
Peat also believes iirc that there is no true hyper
It’s just your thyroid going wacky moving into hypothyroidism

This was true for me personally

I know it’s confusing
Read Peat’s work
Don’t follow allopathic dogma

mostlylurking

my TSH was 1.95
And my T4 was 2.22

just to be clear are those thyroid levels in a healthy range?
They didn't give you a complete test so it's hard to say. The T3 #'s missing. Your TSH is above 1 so it's too high and it causes inflammation; this would point to a need for thyroid supplementation, but you can't tell much of anything without the T3 information because it is the active thyroid hormone. But I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on teevee.

I'll post a Peat article or two plus an audio show for you:

https://www.toxinless.com/polsci-080911-thyroid-and-regeneration.mp3 The sound quality isn't great but the information is priceless.

RobertMichael

I consider even the lowest TSH within the "normal range" to be consistent with hypothyroidism; in good health, very little TSH is needed." - Ray Peat

Lilac

As Ray recounted, Broda Barnes, way back (mid 20th century), found most people were hypothyroid. Today is has to be worse. A diagnosis of hyperthyroidism could well be just a snapshot in time. A temporary elevation. Do not, do not, let them kill your thyroid or remove part of it. If you are hyper and it persists, you can try eating raw broccoli or other goitrogenic foods (per Ray).

Good luck.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
As Ray recounted, Broda Barnes, way back (mid 20th century), found most people were hypothyroid. Today is has to be worse. A diagnosis of hyperthyroidism could well be just a snapshot in time. A temporary elevation. Do not, do not, let them kill your thyroid or remove part of it. If you are hyper and it persists, you can try eating raw broccoli or other goitrogenic foods (per Ray).

Good luck.
Very interesting, thank you for the response I think I just need to remind myself that this is temporary but sometimes I wonder in my anxiety ridden state if this is the new norm and that frightens me as it’s a little debilitating. I do have a lot of compounding stressers which I’m sure did not help my metabolism

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Just one more question raw carrots salad?

Quickly:
Liver once a week
Easy to digest proteins
No alcohol
No fried foods
No salads
No seed oils

Just keep your gut clean
Nothing hard to digest
Should I stay away from raw carrot salad for a little?
Do you think it would be wise to use activated charcoal or methylene blue? Or stay away..

Peatful

Just one more question raw carrots salad?

Should I stay away from raw carrot salad for a little?
Do you think it would be wise to use activated charcoal or methylene blue? Or stay away..
If you feel good with the carrot salad
Enjoy!

I meant green salads, dressing etc etc

Im also an anti supplement enthusiast
So I always choose food over non food

Experiment
But
Supplements aren’t benign

Go by how you feel

Also
Taking your temperature is a great thing to do

But don’t overthink it for now….

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter

Quickly:
Liver once a week
Easy to digest proteins
No alcohol
No fried foods
No salads
No seed oils

Just keep your gut clean
Nothing hard to digest

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Can’t thank you all enough for your response!
If you feel good with the carrot salad
Enjoy!

I meant green salads, dressing etc etc

Im also an anti supplement enthusiast
So I always choose food over non food

Experiment
But
Supplements aren’t benign

Go by how you feel

Also
Taking your temperature is a great thing to do

But don’t overthink it for now….
thank you for your responses I really appreciate it!

wzuo

my heart seemed to be racing my legs hurt seemed to have more pressure in my body that was uncomfortable, shaky, tired, anxiety..
I would say that are classical symptomps of adrenaline rush due to being hypothyroid. I had very similar symptoms and thyroid helped this…

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
I would say that are classical symptomps of adrenaline rush due to being hypothyroid. I had very similar symptoms and thyroid helped this…
Is this something that leveled out for you ? Or are you having to take thyroid regularly to balance it out?
Did you use tyromix or desiccated thyroid or?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals