Doctor told me I’m hyperthyroid

wzuo

Is this something that leveled out for you ? Or are you having to take thyroid regularly to balance it out?
Did you use tyromix or desiccated thyroid or?
I use NDT 130mg and 2-3mg of T3 daily, but I have started from 30mg of NDT daily and this was not enough, slowly graduated to 65mg and this was sky limit (I got super anxious after that dosage) before I started to take cypro 2x1mg daily. Cypro really calmed me down and I love it.
I got some kind of Hashimoto, on ultrasound everything is ok but I have elevated anti-TPO antibodies for unknown reason for few years - I have tested it in 2018 I think, but maybe it was before here where I got first hypo symptoms in 2016 but took me long time to realize that this is hypothyrodoism not something weird like Lyme. This probably was one of the reason I felt into hypothyrodoism.
Yes I got huge relief, I got only symptoms back when I'm not maintaining proper nutrition or skip thyroid due to being stupid, whenever I feel great I start to forget and neglect therapy and making step back. But another thing is that I'm struggling with providing proper carbohydrates excluding starches, I can drink milk for carbohydrates but it is super easy to get too much fat intake from it, and I don't want to mess with skim processed milk, who knows what's inside. Personally I found that sugar works for me best, starches is sometimes ok like sourdough wheat but only occasionally, potatoes worked good for me but are problematic now - no young potatoes yet and I don't want to eat ones that was chemically sprayed in order to stop sprouting or imported through whole EU.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
I use NDT 130mg and 2-3mg of T3 daily, but I have started from 30mg of NDT daily and this was not enough, slowly graduated to 65mg and this was sky limit (I got super anxious after that dosage) before I started to take cypro 2x1mg daily. Cypro really calmed me down and I love it.
I got some kind of Hashimoto, on ultrasound everything is ok but I have elevated anti-TPO antibodies for unknown reason for few years - I have tested it in 2018 I think, but maybe it was before here where I got first hypo symptoms in 2016 but took me long time to realize that this is hypothyrodoism not something weird like Lyme. This probably was one of the reason I felt into hypothyrodoism.
Yes I got huge relief, I got only symptoms back when I'm not maintaining proper nutrition or skip thyroid due to being stupid, whenever I feel great I start to forget and neglect therapy and making step back. But another thing is that I'm struggling with providing proper carbohydrates excluding starches, I can drink milk for carbohydrates but it is super easy to get too much fat intake from it, and I don't want to mess with skim processed milk, who knows what's inside. Personally I found that sugar works for me best, starches is sometimes ok like sourdough wheat but only occasionally, potatoes worked good for me but are problematic now - no young potatoes yet and I don't want to eat ones that was chemically sprayed in order to stop sprouting or imported through whole EU.
Thank you for the response, I’m open to ideas as I would love to stop feeling this way. I am a little nervous taking thyroid at the moment as I’m on the thin side and I burn a lot of calories. I have trouble gaining weight. It seems that way even more now.. I’ve heard you need to increase calorie intake quite a bit? I do have cypro I could use. I am also tempted to use the beta blocker I was prescribed..

Last edited:

wzuo

Thank you for the response, I’m open to ideas as I would love to stop feeling this way. I am a little nervous taking thyroid at the moment as I’m on the thin side and I burn a lot of calories. I have trouble gaining weight. It seems that way even more now.. I’ve heard you need to increase calorie intake quite a bit? I do have cypro I could use. I am also tempted to use the beta blocker I was prescribed..
you can start with 1mg cypro in the evening, I take 1mg in the evening about 8-10PM (I go sleep at midnight) and one about 1PM. Without cypro and thyroid I have been going to toilet once daily or even once per 2 days, now I go few times daily and bowels movement is really fast.
yes, calories intake is crucial. I have problem that I barely feel hungry. I can even not eat for few days and it's not problem for me except that I will feel like a ***t after few hours of fasting.
Probably you have got too much adrenaline like me thus your symptoms. If you will feed your body, lower serotonin via cypro it should go away. Of course avoid soluble fiber and PUFA :)
For me only con of cypro is really hard waking up in the morning but I have my own business and work from home so it's not super problematic if I'll wake up hour later or earlier.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
you can start with 1mg cypro in the evening, I take 1mg in the evening about 8-10PM (I go sleep at midnight) and one about 1PM. Without cypro and thyroid I have been going to toilet once daily or even once per 2 days, now I go few times daily and bowels movement is really fast.
yes, calories intake is crucial. I have problem that I barely feel hungry. I can even not eat for few days and it's not problem for me except that I will feel like a ***t after few hours of fasting.
Probably you have got too much adrenaline like me thus your symptoms. If you will feed your body, lower serotonin via cypro it should go away. Of course avoid soluble fiber and PUFA :)
For me only con of cypro is really hard waking up in the morning but I have my own business and work from home so it's not super problematic if I'll wake up hour later or earlier.
That describes me pretty well! Thank you for the advice! Could I ask what your typical diet looks like for a day?

Last edited:

Peatful

Peatful

In this state where do you think I should be getting most of my calories? If you were me?
Honestly

Whatever you digest well
Whatever warms you up 20 minutes post meal (in a relaxed state)

I healed well on many things that people here push back on

I couldn’t eat adequate kcal to heal unless I ate plenty of starch
Starch that agreed with me and my digestion

What agrees with you - is individual

To go deeper:
It’s best to eat a macro balanced meal
Meaning 40/30/30 c/p/f

This is satiating
But more importantly
It keeps your blood sugar steady
With very little stress response from your adrenals

If you have a thermometer at home
Take your temperature at waking when relaxed
Then
Eat your breakfast
Then take your temperature 20 minutes after

Those numbers will be able to tell you several things

Post back here if you have one around

wzuo

In this state where do you think I should be getting most of my calories? If you were me?
as mentioned before, you have to try all yourself
I have no problems tolerating potatoes and I also like them, for example you can try potato puree with milk or cream, but remember that we should consume high quality food, potatoes from big supermarkets are treated with anti sprout chemicals, and light exposure creates solanin in tubers, not to mention other chemicals used when potato is not yet harvested

If you want to see more potatoes recipes you can try to find Polish cuisine recipes, we have many kinds of potatoes and make very different things from it, like soup, casserole, or even bread. Classic polish soup called zalewajka is often based on milk and boiled potatoes but this varies on region as this soup was a food of poor people (that often lived to 90-100 years surviving on potatoes and milk mostly, by the way)

By discovering this forum I have found that I'm not the only person in the world suffering some kind of weird disease that noone can describe or treat. This also helps

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
I have no problems tolerating potatoes and I also like them, for example you can try potato puree with milk or cream, but remember that we should consume high quality food, potatoes from big supermarkets are treated with anti sprout chemicals, and light exposure creates solanin in tubers, not to mention other chemicals used when potato is not yet harvested

If you want to see more potatoes recipes you can try to find Polish cuisine recipes, we have many kinds of potatoes and make very different things from it, like soup, casserole, or even bread. Classic polish soup called zalewajka is often based on milk and boiled potatoes but this varies on region as this soup was a food of poor people (that often lived to 90-100 years surviving on potatoes and milk mostly, by the way)

By discovering this forum I have found that I'm not the only person in the world suffering some kind of weird disease that noone can describe or treat. This also helps
Thank you very much !
Honestly

Whatever you digest well
Whatever warms you up 20 minutes post meal (in a relaxed state)

I healed well on many things that people here push back on

I couldn’t eat adequate kcal to heal unless I ate plenty of starch
Starch that agreed with me and my digestion

What agrees with you - is individual

To go deeper:
It’s best to eat a macro balanced meal
Meaning 40/30/30 c/p/f

This is satiating
But more importantly
It keeps your blood sugar steady
With very little stress response from your adrenals

If you have a thermometer at home
Take your temperature at waking when relaxed
Then
Eat your breakfast
Then take your temperature 20 minutes after

Those numbers will be able to tell you several things

Post back here if you have one around
Thank you I appreciate this! I’ll get a thermometer and check back

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I do live in potato country and grow them myself so that’s good, the trouble is probably have herbicide residue in my field… from previous owner and neighbor.
This forum is a blessing for sure

wzuo

Thank you for taking the time to respond, I do live in potato country and grow them myself so that’s good, the trouble is probably have herbicide residue in my field… from previous owner and neighbor.
This forum is a blessing for sure
why do you think there are herbicide residues in your soil? I think only dangerous thing that persist many years is DDT, not to mention PFAS or BPA but they are not herbicides
in EU soil needs to be in 3-year conversion period before it can be called organic, I don't follow rules but I would say this is enough to remove most common pollutants from soil
probably there will be always some kind of contamination but home grown is still light years better than foods found in grocery, especially when it is grown without stressing conditions like too much fertilizers or chemicals

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
why do you think there are herbicide residues in your soil? I think only dangerous thing that persist many years is DDT, not to mention PFAS or BPA but they are not herbicides
in EU soil needs to be in 3-year conversion period before it can be called organic, I don't follow rules but I would say this is enough to remove most common pollutants from soil
probably there will be always some kind of contamination but home grown is still light years better than foods found in grocery, especially when it is grown without stressing conditions like too much fertilizers or chemicals
I agree on homegrown food being where it’s at, and still will consume mine. I guess I believe theres probably herbicide residues in my soil from the same way I may have been poisoned by the prevailing wind carrying the spray onto my property when the neighbor is boom Spraying His fields.

That’s good to know on the length of time the pollutants last in soil .

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Just some background I’m 37 years old I’m 6’4” on the thin side , I’ve tried pretty well to be healthy, I did get covid fairly bad and wonder if it did some damage..
I’d say the last couple years have got more into ray peat but ate mostly Whole Foods prior with some bad decisions mixed in between. My work has always been physically demanding. I was recently kicked by a horse in my knee and leg… Im a farrier for a living.
I thought I would wait it out before going to get it looked at and see if it was just bruised. A couple days later I was working at my house a client had hauled horses to me and at the same time my neighbor who farms conventionally next door decided to spray his barley fields with herbicide that next morning I started having odd symptoms my throat was inflamed my heart seemed to be racing my legs hurt seemed to have more pressure in my body that was uncomfortable, shaky, tired, anxiety..
So I went to get checked they said my knee seemed fine but they wanted to do blood work because of my symptoms . I got a call a few hours later that they wanted to send me to go see endocrinologist for my hyperthyroid

my TSH was 1.95
And my T4 was 2.22 .

Since then I’ve had days where I feel good and then days I’m back to the bad symptoms. Today is one of the bad days..
I opted to go to a functional medicine doctor than the endocrinologist for my follow up … they didn’t take blood ,they said they should wait a few more weeks. he prescribed propranolol I haven’t taking it yet. As I’m nervous to mess anything up further before I get some more advise.
I just started taking coq10 with some coconut oil and gotu kola and that seems to help a little.

sorry If my writing is all over the place !
Any advice would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance
In addition to the good advice you got and the coenzyme you are taking, I'd take a b-complex, the Pure Encapsulations brand.

Propranolol is far from the worst thing your doctor could have prescribed. It's a beta blocker which can have some benefits and some side effects.

I am not clear on what your symptoms are, but it seems a sort of stress response.

Yes, follow up with doctors and if your heart rate and pulse continue to be very high, I would consider taking meds temporarily.

Consider CO2 bag breathing.

Consider antihistamines.

Hang in and keep us posted.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
In addition to the good advice you got and the coenzyme you are taking, I'd take a b-complex, the Pure Encapsulations brand.

Propranolol is far from the worst thing your doctor could have prescribed. It's a beta blocker which can have some benefits and some side effects.

I am not clear on what your symptoms are, but it seems a sort of stress response.

Yes, follow up with doctors and if your heart rate and pulse continue to be very high, I would consider taking meds temporarily.

Consider CO2 bag breathing.

Consider antihistamines.

Hang in and keep us posted.
Thank You for your response!! I have haiduts Energen I’ll use that more regularly. I started taking cyproheptidene and it’s been helpful so far. I agree about the propranolol I haven’t used it yet but will if I need too.

OP
L

lloydchristmas

Forum Supporter
Welcome

Im going to be blunt due to time
So heads up

You are not hyperthyroid based on those lab results

Find a new MD
Honestly

I can’t ever tell anyone to not take a rx
But I am proud of you being hesitant

Im sorry this happened to you
I repeat
You are not hyperthyroid based on those results

You do however need to make sure your liver is in tip top shape to help rid your body of the poisonous herbicide

Lastly
Make sure it is not your supplements that are making you feel unwell

Others will chime in im sure

Best
I got my liver enzymes checked today, any thoughts?
F2B09B11-87C2-4F43-92A3-AF7A792C4F81.jpeg
81065A55-19BC-442B-89A5-D824A2E6242B.jpeg
04029D79-90AA-45EE-8A21-9C917DC189AC.jpeg
on my lab results what do you guys think ?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals