Earthing/Grounding for health and conductive shoes - in the year of 1876

RealNeat

That is true. Any grounded appliances running in the building will send some stray voltage to the same ground wire. In theory current takes the path of least resistance to the earth but that's just an approximation. In reality it flows through all paths, inversely proportional to their resistance.
I was never able to sleep through the night grounded at the outlet in my condo but at my house I can sleep just fine with either dedicated rods or directly at the outlet. Like you said, it depends on the total electrical load of the building and what stray voltage gets on the ground wire.
But there are other factors that profoundly affect the grounding experience regardless of the method used. Such as the body part that is grounded, the type and gauge of the conductor, the contact surface area with your skin, the humidity of the skin which greatly affects resistance etc.
I have two large electrical boxes by my house one about 50 feet away and the other about 15 feet. Would that be an issue for grounding a rod into the earth out my window.

ironfist

So it sounds to me like the best way to do it is to set up some sort of shelter outside with no bottom and sleep directly on the ground. A tent has a ground, so you wouldn't be touching the dirt. But if you like removed the floor maybe that would work better.

ironfist

Guys this thread is confusing me even more. I want to buy a pad and plug it in and sleep on it. But apparently this doesn't work or makes things worse.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Any recommendations?
I'm planning to get one but I didn't have time to look into it. There are many different types available and many of them can do multiple modes.
There are 3 types of current being used in electrotherapy. Galvanic (direct current), faradic (pulsed direct current) and alternating current of different frequencies.
Some devices are more suitable for pain relief with milder stimulation to the nerves and others stimulate muscle contractions for strengthening and rehabilitation.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

I have two large electrical boxes by my house one about 50 feet away and the other about 15 feet. Would that be an issue for grounding a rod into the earth out my window.
Transformers or breaker panels?

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Can you cite any sources?
Search for 1800s books and medical publications on electrotherapy. The amount of research is immense and it's all in the public domain ever since Google started digitizing them. These are the ones that I have. If you find any title interesting you can google it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    667 KB · Views: 21
  • Screenshot_2.jpg
    Screenshot_2.jpg
    776 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_4.jpg
    Screenshot_4.jpg
    413.8 KB · Views: 17

I'm.No.One

Do you use a shielded coax cable to attach to the ground outside?
I'm not sure what the wire was encased in but I know it was specifically meant for grounding/outside exposure, although he said the solid copper would ground better than the mesh options just based on the amount of contact.

I'm.No.One

Guys this thread is confusing me even more. I want to buy a pad and plug it in and sleep on it. But apparently this doesn't work or makes things worse.
You totally can, it's just that if you have a huge power load or old wiring/panel it may not work as well due to back feeding.

Also, make sure your outlet is grounded in the first place. Older buildings may not even be grounded.

You can also just get your feet on the ground daily weather permitting.

ironfist

What needs to be done to confirm thisnoitoet is grounded?

How long should you do it outside? I figure sleeping for 8 hours is better than having contact with ground for 5 minutes.

OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

I've been wearing a copper bracelet for more than a year now and I can't be without it. I just feel better, both mentally and physically when I wear it. This guy seems a bit crazy but has an interesting channel nevertheless. He's right about listening to your body and knowing when you need grounding and when you don't, and he actually recommends wearing the bracelets for a limited time a few times per day. Whenever I sleep grounded for more than 2 consecutive nights I feel very calm and clear headed but also depleted of energy. My workouts are sluggish and I need to eat more food than usual to regain the energy. And if you are undereating that will cause a deficiency of electrons and grounding may not be very beneficial in that case. The Ralstonites actually advocated for the use of electrical insulators in certain parts of the body to prevent the loss of nerve electricity and preserve vitality. Not to mention that all the qigong masters that I see on youtube wear insulated tennis shoes, and the traditional Tai Chi shoes have a hard plastic sole :): If grounding 247 was beneficial they would have been the first ones to find out.

I'm.No.One

What needs to be done to confirm thisnoitoet is grounded?

How long should you do it outside? I figure sleeping for 8 hours is better than having contact with ground for 5 minutes.
You'll need a ground tester like this one: American Recorder Technologies Ground Fault Outlet Receptacle Tester

I mean yeah longer grounding while you sleep is great, but being mindful to spend 30min or more just hanging out with your bare feet on the ground is also a really good way to destress beyond grounding.

Makrosky

It’s very basic, the Lakhovsky type. An incomplete circle with the ends slightly overlapping, basically a coil with a single turn.
View: https://imgur.com/rR9Pdwb

There are a few Lakhovsky threads here.
At the very least it will give you a few mg of copper transdermally :):
Thank you! So this doesn't have to be grounded or anything, it work in another way.

Any online place to buy one? I am curious to try.
Or if you can point me to a good thread where you talk about the bracelets specifically. Sorry mate I can't keep up with you, you go too fast generating interesting content :tearsofjoy:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals