Taurine-Rash?

CB888

Hi guys!

Quick question - I have started taking taurine (500mg/day so not much) and it seems to cause an itchy rash that pops up in different spots all over my body. The mental and physical effects (minus the rash) have been so awesome that I don't want to stop taking it.

Some days I get the taurine from redbull (half a can) and other days with a pure taurine supplement. It's possible I guess that it's the Niacin in the redbull and I need to get that fully out of my system and then just strictly use the taurine supplement and see what happens.

Basically, has anyone experienced this? Can anyone offer any insight?

Thank you!!

Claire

sele

Hi guys!

Quick question - I have started taking taurine (500mg/day so not much) and it seems to cause an itchy rash that pops up in different spots all over my body. The mental and physical effects (minus the rash) have been so awesome that I don't want to stop taking it.

Some days I get the taurine from redbull (half a can) and other days with a pure taurine supplement. It's possible I guess that it's the Niacin in the redbull and I need to get that fully out of my system and then just strictly use the taurine supplement and see what happens.

Basically, has anyone experienced this? Can anyone offer any insight?

Thank you!!

Claire
Hi Claire
What kind of taurine supplement are you taking? Do you get a rash from the taurine in Redbull also?

Diokine

Are you eating liver or eggs? Taurine can increase the transport of vitamin A and could cause an acute deficiency.

OP
C

CB888

Hi Sele!

I am taking Thorne Taurine--but I dump it out of the little capsule. I do get a rash from the redbull also. I'm sure this is an un-peaty question, but could this be some sort of detox? I know Taurine helps the liver work more effectively.....

OP
C

CB888

Are you eating liver or eggs? Taurine can increase the transport of vitamin A and could cause an acute deficiency.
Oh, interesting. I took a brief break from liver..I will cook some up this weekend. Good idea and thank you...

Any other ideas are welcome still

sele

Hi Sele!

I am taking Thorne Taurine--but I dump it out of the little capsule. I do get a rash from the redbull also. I'm sure this is an un-peaty question, but could this be some sort of detox? I know Taurine helps the liver work more effectively.....
We can rule out excipients in Thorne since your getting it from Redbull too. Rash is usually an indication of a histamine reaction. Anything can trigger a histamine reaction with poor liver health. Try having 1-2 tbsp of sugar before having taurine and see what happens.

OP
C

CB888

We can rule out excipients in Thorne since your getting it from Redbull too. Rash is usually an indication of a histamine reaction. Anything can trigger a histamine reaction with poor liver health. Try having 1-2 tbsp of sugar before having taurine and see what happens.
Thank you!!

BigChad

what would improve the liver if one has issues with histamine reactions? niacinamide? vitamin k2? high dose niacinamide itself seems to cause histamine intolerance among other issues like fatigue, stomach bloat

Markus

what would improve the liver if one has issues with histamine reactions? niacinamide? vitamin k2? high dose niacinamide itself seems to cause histamine intolerance among other issues like fatigue, stomach bloat

Bioavailable copper with co-factors will improve histamine intolerance (eat liver).

BigChad

Bioavailable copper with co-factors will improve histamine intolerance (eat liver).

are cofactors other vitamins/minerals like b vitamins, taurine, zinc, vitamin a , etc or is there something else in liver?
i dont want to have liver due to the high vitamin A content

Markus

are cofactors other vitamins/minerals like b vitamins, taurine, zinc, vitamin a , etc or is there something else in liver?
i dont want to have liver due to the high vitamin A content

Yeah, that's specifically what I was thinking about but vitamin A can also be a factor to keep in mind. However, if you don't feel well when consuming vitamin A, you can get the other co-factors from other sources.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals