Taurine Causing Depression

Rand56

@REOSIRENS what are your thoughts on taurine causing insomnia? Some have said it could be because of the increase in dopamine.

REOSIRENS

@REOSIRENS what are your thoughts on taurine causing insomnia? Some have said it could be because of the increase in dopamine.
Taurine causes insomnia because it lowers blood sugar levels sometimes causing hypoglycemia ... If you are deficient of Glycine/Magnesium and Beta Alanine so then you will experience insomnia... Take taurine with magnesium and you will not have these problems

PS: taurine lowers copper as well

Ledo

Taurine causes insomnia because it lowers blood sugar levels sometimes causing hypoglycemia ... If you are deficient of Glycine/Magnesium and Beta Alanine so then you will experience insomnia... Take taurine with magnesium and you will not have these problems

PS: taurine lowers copper as well
How do you know it isn't leading to utilization of these things?

REOSIRENS

I couldn't find any studies that state that it lowers DHEA, can you reference any? Or is your reasoning for this based on the fact that it lowers cholesterol and therefore DHEA?
Have to look for studies(a bit busy) and they are not many because taurine effects are not broadly being studied but some show if you take high dose of taurine- testosterone metabolites will be significantly reduced ... For one reason taurine is being used to fight hairloss... Taurine is almost like taking Progesterone (although progesterone has much broader enzymatic actions and it is more powerful)

One great benefits of taurine is that it lowers prolactin...and all prolactin lowering agents(Progesterone/Phenylalanine/phenylethylamine/l-dopa/Triiodothyronine/zinc/vitamin E/c02) lower dhea by utilization

REOSIRENS

How do you know it isn't leading to utilization of these things?
It lowers by utilization...yes...but when you start having these side effects it shows that your body needs these nutrients (Glycine/beta Alanine magnesium etc) more than taurine

Geronimo

I think an overlooked part of taurine is that it greatly increases bile acid pool and will create a rather large die-off in the gut of any bacteria that isn't bile resistant. If you have SIBO to any degree, I believe it will cause an intense endotoxin dump initially. I took ten grams once after not taking it for a few years. The next day, everyone at work in a 10,000ft2 building was trying to figure out who cooked old onions for breakfast. The culprit was just my satanic bowel movement I had the morning after taking taurine. I think I actually pooped out Moloch himself. It was the Breath of Baphomet.

Regina

I think an overlooked part of taurine is that it greatly increases bile acid pool and will create a rather large die-off in the gut of any bacteria that isn't bile resistant. If you have SIBO to any degree, I believe it will cause an intense endotoxin dump initially. I took ten grams once after not taking it for a few years. The next day, everyone at work in a 10,000ft2 building was trying to figure out who cooked old onions for breakfast. The culprit was just my satanic bowel movement I had the morning after taking taurine. I think I actually pooped out Moloch himself. It was the Breath of Baphomet.
Hah! Taurine exorcism.

Grischbal

Can you update on your experience with Taurine?

ddjd

for whatever reason i found niacinamide counteracted the negative effects of taurine. i would definitely recommend trying niacinamide