TAURINE The Key To Restoring Metabolic Function?

FrostedShores

I've tried taurine multiple times due to all its reported health benefits, but every time I take it I get really constipated, my skin and lips dry out, my eczema breaks out, and I get really moody. Any idea why this would happen? It's almost like a histamine reaction..?

moa

@FrostedShores maybe toxic bile gets absorbed back into blood ?

try carrot salad with magnesium bidglycinate 200mg or 400mg (for constipation). or try activated charcoal for a few days only and see (it binds bile but also take with more magnesium to avoid constipation).

extra bile can cause diarrhea, but i think bile is also very strong antibiotic. i use b coagulans as probiotic, you can try some fiber with it and see if it helps, not only carrots (fruits, artichokes, etc).

FrostedShores

@FrostedShores maybe toxic bile gets absorbed back into blood ?

try carrot salad with magnesium bidglycinate 200mg or 400mg (for constipation). or try activated charcoal for a few days only and see (it binds bile but also take with more magnesium to avoid constipation).

extra bile can cause diarrhea, but i think bile is also very strong antibiotic. i use b coagulans as probiotic, you can try some fiber with it and see if it helps, not only carrots (fruits, artichokes, etc).
Interesting. I hadn't thought of that. I'm going to give activated charcoal a try since I have some on hand and increase my magnesium intake. Thanks for the advice!

Mauritio

PS: taurine lowers copper as well"
Could that be the reason for taurine casuing insomnia ? Nate said his insomnia stopped when he added copper to taurine. And taurine does seem to lower copper ...

..."it found a link between high serum copper concentration and long sleep duration"
So low copper short sleep ?

Last edited:

Mossy

Could that be the reason for taurine casuing insomnia ? Nate said his insomnia stopped when he added copper to taurine. And taurine does seem to lower copper ...

..."it found a link between high serum copper concentration and long sleep duration"
So low copper short sleep ?

I have a lot of notes I've taken throughout the years, so I'm sorry to say I can't find the reference from which I was able to make that "taurine lowers copper" claim. In my search for it, I did find this, which may add to the conversation:

"I have been having a great time taking Taurine. At first it disturbed my sleep and gave me intestinal difficulties because it was increasing my bile output by quite a lot. But then I took my copper supplement around the same time I took Taurine, and the excess bile secretion stopped immediately. I thought this was really odd, so I started reading about Taurine's effects on copper and various minerals. It turns out that if you cannot process copper properly, supplemental taurine fixes this issue, and Taurine is very specifically necessary for repairing many liver conditions (I have had elevated Triglycerides for some time) It seems from a Peat point of view that the Taurine does not really eliminate copper, but helps the body utilize it, and I theorize, transport it into cells to make it viable for various enzymatic functions."

Maybe that quote is from Nate, or even this thread, I have too many notes to keep track! (Sorry.)

Mauritio

I have a lot of notes I've taken throughout the years, so I'm sorry to say I can't find the reference from which I was able to make that "taurine lowers copper" claim. In my search for it, I did find this, which may add to the conversation:

"I have been having a great time taking Taurine. At first it disturbed my sleep and gave me intestinal difficulties because it was increasing my bile output by quite a lot. But then I took my copper supplement around the same time I took Taurine, and the excess bile secretion stopped immediately. I thought this was really odd, so I started reading about Taurine's effects on copper and various minerals. It turns out that if you cannot process copper properly, supplemental taurine fixes this issue, and Taurine is very specifically necessary for repairing many liver conditions (I have had elevated Triglycerides for some time) It seems from a Peat point of view that the Taurine does not really eliminate copper, but helps the body utilize it, and I theorize, transport it into cells to make it viable for various enzymatic functions."

Maybe that quote is from Nate, or even this thread, I have too many notes to keep track! (Sorry.)
dont worry I actually provided a refernece that showed taurine lowers copper and yes that post is the one from nate i was referrring to.

pubh12

Forum Supporter
Can anybody tell me if Taruine can get Potassium back into the cells even if you are also low in Magnesium? I often see it mentioned that you need to fix magnesium deficiency before potassium can be replenished but I have trouble doing that and am hoping taurine could help me get potassium up in cells even in the prescence of magnesium deficiency.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals