Thiamine Powder (Pure Bulk) - Toxic Reaction

docall18

Thought I should detail a toxic reaction i have had with Pure Bulk Thiamine HCL.

I was supplementing this along with a couple of other powders. I noticed that i was getting occasional small sores on my tongue.

I presumed it was one of the powders. To determine which powder it was i put a little of each on my hand. The thiamine powder gives me small raised itchy spots on my hand. Similar to a nettle rash. I tried it twice a few days ago. Both times the same. The itch has gone, but the little lumps remain after 3 days.

So i would advise people to be careful with supplements and try doing a skin test before use.

DaveFoster

Thanks for posting this docall. I'm getting a histamine reaction/stuffed nose/anxiety from topical thiamine HCl from PureBulk. It seems the purity leaves much to be desired.

sprinter

PureBulk Thiamine HCL is BY FAR the nastiest supplement I have ever tasted and I've taken many supplements orally. Not sure if it has anything to do with what your saying or thats just the way all thiamine tastes.

DaveFoster

PureBulk Thiamine HCL is BY FAR the nastiest supplement I have ever tasted and I've taken many supplements orally. Not sure if it has anything to do with what your saying or thats just the way all thiamine tastes.
It's all that bad. Niacinamide is pretty gnarly as well, but thiamine is a form of self-torture.

DaveFoster

UPDATE: I don't think the reaction to thiamine was from the product itself; too high of a dose resulted in some toxicity due to CA inhibition probably) and maybe an interaction with aspirin (for which CA inhibition is contraindicated).

I went back to Nature's Way Vitamin B1. The thiamine from PureBulk was not working for me. It was giving me terrible insomnia.

Grapelander

1GHS Classification

Warning
GHS Hazard Statements
Aggregated GHS information provided by 180 companies from 9 notifications to the ECHA C&L Inventory. Each notification may be associated with multiple companies.

Reported as not meeting GHS hazard criteria by 159 of 180 companies. For more detailed information, please visit ECHA C&L website

Of the 7 notification(s) provided by 21 of 180 companies with hazard statement code(s):

H315 (76.19%): Causes skin irritation [Warning Skin corrosion/irritation]

H319 (90.48%): Causes serious eye irritation [Warning Serious eye damage/eye irritation]

H335 (66.67%): May cause respiratory irritation [Warning Specific target organ toxicity, single exposure; Respiratory tract irritation]

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals