Take Ray Peat To The Extreme

encerent

What are some "extreme" RP/Pro-metabolic things you do?

Me:

1. Bought MCT and bought hydrogenated coconut oil to replace my coconut oil and get rid of that little bit of PUFA/MUFA.
2. Sit under various red lights whenever I'm at home and awake so maybe ~4 hrs average.
3. Eat 1 lb of liver a week. (will go down to .5lbs now though)
4. 2+ grames of following amino acids/day: taurine, tyrosine, lysine, BBCA. And 60 grams of gelatin.
4. Tried almost all idealab sups (sticking with just a few now though, and probably not gonna use any of the "research" ones long term.)
5. 3 pounds of mushrooms a week.
6. When going out to restaurants or whatever will only eat/drink coke or pepsi.
7. 45-90 mg of vitamin K / day.
Yeeepee.

Tarmander

Most of us are here because we took something to an extreme. Where will you go when RP fails you?

Luann

Well acquainted with this one.

PUTFOT

Imagine androsterone+11keto+5a-dhp+tyromix+lisuride+pansterone all at once.

aquaman

Well acquainted with this one.

?

You guys go to restaurants and only have coke? Nothing else?

For starters that's not what I would call Ray's approach to eating (he talks about balancing protein, carbs and fat), pure sugar and you get blood sugar regulation issues. And second it's orthorexic. If you can't enjoy your life then I don't think any diet will help you.

Luann

Have you ever worked at a restaurant? There's oil on every food.
Starches, pasta, all cooked in oil.
Salads, placed right next to salad dressings in the kitchen, which gets on the salad leaves because servers are in a rush. Or they forget and put it on your salad.
Oil brushed on the skin of the baked potato for some reason.
There's no such thing as orthorexia, it's part of the rash of new 'diseases' and just equates to people who follow their ideals to the point where they don't fit in with a crowd. This is often a good thing, but these days is painted as something to mistrust or frown on.

Live on 4 quarts milk, 1 quart OJ, no starch

WHAT? YOU MUST BE CRAZY

Tenacity

I feel like an extremist just having a shopping basket full of grapes...

There's no such thing as orthorexia, it's part of the rash of new 'diseases' and just equates to people who follow their ideals to the point where they don't fit in with a crowd. This is often a good thing, but these days is painted as something to mistrust or frown on.
I pretty much agree.

tara

3. Eat 1 lb of liver a week. (will go down to .5lbs now though)
Extreme quantities of liver are not recommended by Peat, and are probably not pro-metabolic (may be anti-metabolic).
I don't know that it should be called a disease. But it seems pretty clear that some people harm their health seriously by extreme restrictive dieting causing malnutrition, based on believing that lots of foods are bad. That's what orthorexia means to me.

Extreme quantities of liver are not recommended by Peat, and are probably not pro-metabolic (may be anti-metabolic).

Well it's not like he recommends idealabs all at once either... or one at a time...

tara

I don't know that it should be called a disease. But it seems pretty clear that some people harm their health seriously by extreme restrictive dieting causing malnutrition, based on believing that lots of foods are bad. That's what orthorexia means to me.
Yeah i'd call that kind of stuff orthorexia. But many people seem to think that a person who's really strict about his diet is orthorexic, even if he is healthy as a horse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals